***2015 Delectable Deep Condition Challenge***

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Nexxus Emergencee 20 minutes under dryer
Cathy Howse UBH 20 minutes under dryer
J.Monique Naturals Hibiscus & Broccoli 30 under Steamer

curlyhersheygirl

DC'd with Ynobe amla & nettle with KV fenugreek on top under my dryer for 30 mins, then left it in for another 30mins under the plastic cap.

Sent from my XT1080 using LHCF

nmartin20

-Prepooed with with Shea Moisture Purification Masque and Shescentit's Sorbet (2hrs)

-DC with Shescentit's Fortifying Masque and followed up with their Honey condition(2hrs)...loved it

PJaye

I need to join this challenge (along with the Use Up Your Stash Challenge) so that I can sort through my ridiculously obese product stash. Plus, I need to keep track of my DCing habits because I keep straying into protein-overloadland.

- Pre-pooed overnight with my “doctored” HV Sitrinillah on dry hair (babassu, hempseed, jojoba and peppermint HBCO were added to it). Upon rinsing, my hair felt deliciously soft and moisturized, and detangling while rinsing my shampoo was a breeze.

- Next, I applied Naturelle Grow Mango & Coconut Water DC and let it to sit under a cap for approximately 3 hours. This was my first time sampling this DC and I must say that I am impressed. It left my hair feeling very soft and moisturized, and it had a decent amount of slip.

- Results: Extremely soft and moisturized hair, easy detangling, significantly less breakage and shedding

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
- Next, I applied Naturelle Grow Mango & Coconut Water DC and let it to sit under a cap for approximately 3 hours. This was my first time sampling this DC and I must say that I am impressed. It left my hair feeling very soft and moisturized, and it had a decent amount of slip.

- Results: Extremely soft and moisturized hair, easy detangling, significantly less breakage and shedding

@PJaye

Great!:yep:

Did you get any Herbal Blends or the Slippery Elm (or any of others)??

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
PJaye

I hope you don't have any problems with those either. :sad:

Those seem to be the most Popular:
Herbal Blends
Coconut Water & Mango
Slippery Elm & Cinnamon etc...

I also like:
Pumpkin Butter
Ginger Peach Detangling Spritz
Honey Hair Balm and the Rosemary one (those are Grease tho')

kupenda

DC'ing under the dryer for 20 minutes with SD Vanilla Sil, a little coconut oil, and Design Essentials Botanical Oil on top. I'll likely sleep in it and rinse at the gym tomorrow morning

ronie

Deep conditioning/prepooing with APB Ayurvedic mask. Will DC with its a 10 mask after I shampoo my hair out.

spacetygrss

Prepooing with BRB Chai Hair Tea. Will do the Komaza Protein Treatment and then follow with APB White Chocolate Mousse Moisture Intense Mask under the steamer for 30 minutes.

Rozlewis

Dc'ing with Marie Dean's Coffee and Kokum DC, Porosity Control, Olive Oil, honey, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Eucalyptus oil over coffee.

PJaye

- Pre-pooed overnight with my doctored HQS Peppermint (babassu, hempseed and castor oils were added). Upon rinsing, my hair felt rough and a bit stiff; it also looked extremely dull. Detangling was nixed given the funky state of my hair. On a brighter note, I was able to empty the jar, so that’s one down and 8,642 hair products left to finish up.

- DC’ed with Sister’s Keeper Brahmi & Rhassoul Masque under a cap for several hours after shampooing. This stuff was extremely difficult to apply (it felt as if I were using plaster or spackle) and provided absolutely no slip. When I took the cap off, the DC had completely absorbed into my hair, which was promising given that it was my first time sampling that DC. Upon rinsing, I found that the DC was able to soften my hair a bit, but it still felt rough from the pre-poo; the moisture level was mediocre at best. I had to use my trusty SSI Avocado to detangle, soften and moisturize my hair.

- Results: The pre-poo sucked and the DC was mediocre; had to rely upon a stellar conditioner and other finishing products to moisturize and soften.

Rastafarai

Will DC tonight with some Bekura YAM Honey conditioner and Aubrey Organics GPB condish.

Looking forward to trying a new set of DCs I bought from Naturelle Grow and revisiting SSI Banana Brulee.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Pre-Poo: SheScentIt Coconut Sorbet
Cleanse: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat
Mask: Greek yogurt, Bentonite clay, Aloe Vera Juice, Silk Amino Acids
Deep Condition: Giovanni Smooth as Silk

ronie

ronie Please, let me know how it compares to SD VS.
MileHighDiva
I assume you are inquiring about the its a 10 mask and not the APB ayurvedic mask.
I applied on clean damp hair. The application was a breeze, as is expected with any quality mask with cones. I left it on for 4 hours without heat. I only wanted to keep it on 30 mins but I fell asleep. The slip was ok. My hair felt very smooth (which I always watch for as some conditioners leave me with raised cuticles causing my strands to catch on each other).
My hair felt very balanced, leaning more towards strength. The moisture was definitely there (will talk about that later). It has to be the hydrolyzed collagen and keratin amino acids in it. My hair was shiny and detangling using the its a 10 leave in was a breeze. It was not as supple as when I use SD RCA or joico MRTB. It was just strong and manageable. I almost lost no hair during combing. At that time I thought that I didn't get enough moisture in.
I put in 8 twists and blew dry with the twists in. I was getting ready to moisturize when I took the twists down. Then I realized I did not need it. My hair was very well soft and moisturized. My twist out is flowy, soft, bouncy, and shiny. I just used a little Pura body naturals cupuacu butter to re twist for s more defined look.
I would not use this DCer after a protein treatment, or when in need of increased moisture. It is a product I would use when I am due for a protein treatment but don't feel like doing a 2 step regimen. It is a complete hair nourishment. If I was not a PJ, I could just use this every week and maintain strong healthy hair. But I have too many good stuff to use. Let me know how it works for you, if you try it.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
ronie

Thank you for the thorough and detailed review! :hug2:

I had to go look up the ingredients, for some reason I thought it had hydrolyzed silk in it.

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Dcing with Jakeala Tutti Honey and BRB Cocoa Rhassoul on either side under Hair Therapy Wrap for an hour.