***2015 Delectable Deep Condition Challenge***

cynd

Did my first DC with steam of the year yesterday. 30 minutes with a mixture of oils on my scalp and Bobeam Revive Condish on my hair.

kupenda

My SD is here! Off to DC. I will shampoo, then use Mocha Silk (love of my life) under the dryer for 15 minutes followed by an oil rinse if necessary and Vanilla Silk for 20 minutes under the dryer. Will let it cool and keep it in while I do a little housework. I'll be back to post how my hair is feeling

EDIT: my hair felt lovely after using mocha silk. Soft, strong, silky. Then I used vanilla silk on one side and shea what on the other with DE oil on top. Comparable results. However my vanilla silk smells like plastic :/
I will DC again in a few days with just one and see how it goes

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
PJaye

I'm kicking my Behind 7 ways from Sunday for not getting more of: BoBeam's Limited Edition Coconut Crème DCer.:slap:

That was a Huge Mistake on my Part.:nono:

froingforward

I washed with Yes to Carrots and DC'd on Tuesday with Yes to Carrots with a cap and hooded dryer for 20 minutes and tied on a scarf for 30 minutes more. YTC doesn't really penetrate, I was trying to use it up. But I'm shocked at the softness resulting from this combo.

Twists under hooded dryer for 30 minutes and further airdried overnight. I'm on 3rd day of a twist out and its almost as soft as day one. No dryness yet.

NaturallyATLPCH

Tomorrow I will do a protein treatment with SSI Okra Reconstructor then follow up with Bellezza Restorative Mask. Will be using up the Okra. Trying to decide if I will replace it will Komaza Care since everyone raves about it or repurchase Okra during a sale. I really like the Okra though.

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Dcing with APB Broccoli Smoothing Conditioner under Hair Therapy Wrap for an hour.

^^^NaturallyATLPCH Okra feels less strong to me, although I did like it when I had it. Just never repurchased. I never dced after w/Okra.

NaturallyATLPCH

Dcing with APB Broccoli Smoothing Conditioner under Hair Therapy Wrap for an hour.

^^^NaturallyATLPCH Okra feels less strong to me, although I did like it when I had it. Just never repurchased. I never dced after w/Okra.

Yeah Froreal3, Okra definitely feels like a medium protein treatment. I usually need to DC after though so I don't think I need anything stronger than that.

NaturallyATLPCH

Yeah Froreal3, Okra definitely feels like a medium protein treatment. I usually need to DC after though so I don't think I need anything stronger than that.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@NaturallyATLPCH

Okra Winfrey Fan Here! :grin:

I used Komaza's Protein a while back when it was a Liquid (before the reformulation) and it was nice.

Haven't repurchased the 'newer' version everyone raves about. But the previous one was good too.

Will definitely reup on Okra during the next SSI Sale.:yep:

ronie

DCd yesterday with Carils daughter cupuacu anti frizz smoothing mask for 45 minutes with 2 shower caps... No heat.
My hair came out as expected: strong, soft, and shiny. I wanted to roller set to stretch, and then twist for a twistout. I had no time, so I just applied leave ins/heat protectant, twisted, and dried with soft bonnet dryer.
My twistout was super defined, and very smooth. It did not puff out at the club despite the humidity inside. I really love this mask.

FollicleFanatic

Joining!

I always DC with heat (lo po)

DCs are:

SM raw Shea masque
SM tahitian Noni masque
Crece Pelo
Palmer's coconut pak

The last 2 are all I really need, but life is too short to not spoil the precious. I plan on trying other DCs one at a time so PJ-ism doesn't kick in. I will take on the ground suggestions if anyone has any :yep:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
DC'd with my heat cap: protein mix was a bit of HV methi step 1 (not enough for whole head) added MC Caramel Rx & a lil Terra Forma. Followed up with APB Blueberry Cheesecake DC

FollicleFanatic

DC'd with SM Tahitian Noni masque for 40 min under hooded dryer.

I always wanna give up on this product, but my curls pop and hang longer with it.

Daernyris

DC'd overnight with KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask(found this while rearranging my stash:blush:)
I will admit while applying this mask I was not impressed and the smell was a bit annoying to me.
Having rinsed out my hair and being able to run my fangas through it, has definitely changed my first impressions

Rozlewis

Dc'ing now with Marie Dean Aloe and Hemp PROLESS, Porosity control, Olive Oil, Peppermint, Rosemary, Eucalyptus over coffee. I did a protein treatment today so I needed some super moisture. The conditioner goes on so smooth and leaves my hair super soft upon rinsing.