2015 APL/BSL Challenge

Was just looking for this thread. I guess I'm in this too til I can finally touch bsl

Current hair length - APL
Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning - Relaxed
Goal Month - Still aiming for March/April
Current Reggie and styling choices - Hiding my hair
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL? - Still trying to narrow down what isn't working.
Post a beginning picture

picture.php

Last edited:
Last night I prepooed, shampooed, and lightly blow dried my hair. Spritzed with Oyin Juices, added Shea Moisture Manuka Honey conditioner and put my ends in a sandwich baggy to wear to work today. Does anyone still baggy? Im trying to protect my hair and retain as much growth as possible.

I've been watching transitioning videos on YouTube and now I'm feeling a bit discouraged. How do so many people have that much hair at 1 year post? A good 50% of my relaxed ends have broken off already. I may need to start protective styling again and not just bunning because I must be doing something wrong.

I've been watching transitioning videos on YouTube and now I'm feeling a bit discouraged. How do so many people have that much hair at 1 year post? A good 50% of my relaxed ends have broken off already. I may need to start protective styling again and not just bunning because I must be doing something wrong.

I'm 8 years natural struggling to get to APL while I see someone who big chopped to a cue ball last week with bra strap a year later :lachen:

Here are my current length check pics. Shooting for APL by Dec. I'm 1 year post relaxer now.. BC'd 7 months ago.

Attachments

• DSC00057.jpg
    DSC00057.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC00061.jpg
    DSC00061.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC00059.jpg
    DSC00059.jpg
    503.2 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC00064.jpg
    DSC00064.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC00067.jpg
    DSC00067.jpg
    498.4 KB · Views: 52
Last night I prepooed, shampooed, and lightly blow dried my hair. Spritzed with Oyin Juices, added Shea Moisture Manuka Honey conditioner and put my ends in a sandwich baggy to wear to work today. Does anyone still baggy? Im trying to protect my hair and retain as much growth as possible.

:wave: Me. I baggy almost every night and it has helped me with retention and maintaining moisture.

Here are my current length check pics. Shooting for APL by Dec. I'm 1 year post relaxer now.. BC'd 7 months ago.

JudithO. You're natural again? I remember your YouTube videos and all the help in the naturals struggling thread. I still have my struggles with my 4c hair but I've learned to accept them. Mainly that my hair is going to spilt and get ssk, but I search and destroy regularly to keep on top of them.

Can I ask, why you've chosen natural again? I'm asking because although I'm not considering relaxing I would still like your experience of having one and maintain straight hair.

I'm thinking of ways to keep my hair stretched that will help with the splits.

I was just thinking yesterday about my sisters hair. It's bsl even though she gets it blown out and flat ironed twice a month. I get my hair flat ironed twice a month and it'll start breaking and splitting -_- I can never win.

I'm still stuck at shoulder length. It didn't grow much this last year; it grew a ton the year before. I think the only difference is that I was taking vitamins most of 2013. I know I have a iron deficiency but dang. My body is so stinking fragile.

This year, I'm going to take my vitamins regularly and see if we get more growth in the end. I only noticed it at the end of the year, so I didn't realize that there may be a connection

Something had got to give. I've been natural forever

I'm on my own personal hide my hair challenge. I will document my progress though. I need to get a couple of more wigs for the coming year. Even if I reach my goal, it won't look right to me until I cut it even. Growing out an asymmetrical haircut is tough! I have cut my hair twice like that last year and this year. I won't do that again. My hair is still under recovery. It is much more healthier though. Let's see what progress I will make by the spring!

Last edited:
I'm ordering two lace fronts (glue less) from Ali express once I narrow my choices down. I know I want shoulder length bob wigs

I'm on my own personal hide my hair challenge. I will document my progress though. I need to get a couple of more wigs for the coming year. Even if I reach my goal, it won't look right to me until I cut it even. Growing out an asymmetrical haircut is tough! I have cut my hair twice like that last year and this year. I won't do that again. My hair is still under recovery. It is much more healthier though. Let's see what progress I will make by the spring!
You should come on over and join the "Hide Your Hair 2015" challenge.

I started intensively baggying my hair in September. I started as a means to grow in a bald spot that was completely smooth for the longest time. I do MHM as a main regimen. When baggyin, I have been using KCKT diluted with water. I tend to keep the bag on at all times unless I am washing my hair. I recently started massaging my head and using JCBO- although I'm still trying to find a good place for this within my regimen. My spot is now officially hairy.

[*]Current hair length : between SL and APL
[*]Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning : transitioning
[*]Goal Month : APL by June 2015
[*]Current Reggie and styling choices: wash hair once a month deep condition once a month oil scalp and moisterize hair as needed flat iron hair once a month
Trim every 3 months
[*]What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL? More protective styling
[*]Post a beginning picture

Attachments

• PicsArt_1419935176113.jpg
    PicsArt_1419935176113.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
My starting pics: I didn't get my blow out yet but those pics will be coming when it happens. Will probably do an install around the end of January or early February.

ForumRunner_20141231_112153.jpg

ForumRunner_20141231_112204.jpg

I did a search and destroy today. This is the last beneficial trimming day of the year according to Anthony Morocco.

I am back ladies!
I reached bsl but had to cut off 4" of damaged ends, so I am back at the starting line.
Keep up on those trims/dustings ladies. Don't be like me!

:worship2: I'm preparing my list so I can do this in January. When you install what is the distance between the hair?

traceedeebee I usually do smaller canerows at the front and around half the amount of larger cane rows in the back. I will try to post old braid pattern pics (in my old phone) with it half done.

A pic of my typical braid pattern.

Attachments

• 2015-01-01 06.40.10.jpg
    2015-01-01 06.40.10.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 59
Back