2015 APL/BSL Challenge

PlainJane

I need some help. I want to get this protective style done, but I don't know anything about braids. How long would something like this last?
My hair isn't long so I would be adding hair.

Attachments

• image-302901927.jpg
    image-302901927.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 47
  • image-3232769898.jpg
    image-3232769898.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 45

Evolving78

I didn't like my recent wash day. Next time, I will make sure I have time to do it. And now I gotta wash and detangle in sections. New growth is starting to kick in.

gvin89

Today is wash day....trying to think of what to do to my hair for the week.

Watching the cowboys with aogpb conditioning my hair.

Last edited:

gvin89

I need some help. I want to get this protective style done, but I don't know anything about braids. How long would something like this last?
My hair isn't long so I would be adding hair.

The ladies I know with this style said at least 3 weeks depending on how your edges hold up.

kupenda

*le sigh*

I have a section in my crown that broke off a bit this past year. The Green Magic and half wigs are intended to help rectify this situation. So far, it's working pretty well. The section is growing. But this sulfur is making it even more dry than it usually is. Im gonna have to start moisturizing twice a day

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
*le sigh*

I have a section in my crown that broke off a bit this past year. The Green Magic and half wigs are intended to help rectify this situation. So far, it's working pretty well. The section is growing. But this sulfur is making it even more dry than it usually is. Im gonna have to start moisturizing twice a day

Sorry this happened. That's good to hear something is working for you. Yes please up your moisture if your hair is feeling dry.

ckisland

Did my 3rd wash with my bentonite clay, acv, and oil regimen tonight, and I'm having mixed feelings about it. I love that my scalp and hair get clean without feeling stripped, and I love the definition I get, but my hair texture is changing and becoming more wispy. I'm also getting a tad bit more breakage than I was when I was using my Giovanni condish. My homemade products aren't giving me enough moisture, and I loved how plump Giovanni made my hair :love:. Imma buy a bottle of Giovanni and keep it moving :lachen:.

Here's my length check and comparison

10/29/14
20141029_223025.jpg

20141029_222752.jpg

Today: 01/11/15

20150111_201508.jpg

20150111_200621.jpg

20150111_201122.jpg

PerfectlyFlawed

My hair and I have really been getting along lately, I changed my regimen slightly and I've noticed a lot less breakage and more moisture retention.... here's a shot of her airdried, I'm 3 weeks post

ForumRunner_20150111_235330.jpg

PinkyPromise

Mini twists!!

image-1890845267.jpg

image-511551353.jpg

image-2040779476.jpg

I did a good set this time. I spritzed with water, applied olive oil, and then used a little bit of kinky curly gel to make the twists. I'll probably keep them in until valentines day.

IslandMummy

Very nice! I need to re-do my twists on Thursday

I ordered the wig from Aliexpress and it should be here by the beginning of February. I got the glue-less lace front hoping it will hold up for at least a good 6 months to a year. I can alternate between twists and PS with the wig

faithVA

[USER=56427 said:
ckisland[/USER];20992641]Did my 3rd wash with my bentonite clay, acv, and oil regimen tonight, and I'm having mixed feelings about it. I love that my scalp and hair get clean without feeling stripped, and I love the definition I get, but my hair texture is changing and becoming more wispy. I'm also getting a tad bit more breakage than I was when I was using my Giovanni condish. My homemade products aren't giving me enough moisture, and I loved how plump Giovanni made my hair :love:. Imma buy a bottle of Giovanni and keep it moving :lachen:.

Here's my length check and comparison

10/29/14
View attachment 292947

View attachment 292949

Today: 01/11/15

View attachment 292951

View attachment 292953

View attachment 292955

Why did you decide not to use a conditioning step with the bentonite clay? I'm sure you said earlier but I missed it.

ckisland

Why did you decide not to use a conditioning step with the bentonite clay? I'm sure you said earlier but I missed it.

I've done the bentonite clay and followed up with a DC, and I actually didn't like it any of the times I've tried it. For some reason conditioning afterwards leaves my hair less moisturized than if I just leave my hair alone. I tried this before using a moisturizing condish, and I thought my hair just didn't like the bentonite clay :spinning:

But last night I used ACV to cleanse, and conditioned with my whipped cocoa butter (warmed up), and my hair is so soft!!!! I think I need to only do the bentonite clay 1-2x a month only, and I need to ease up on the ACV :look:. I think I may be closing my cuticles too much. I don't know why I haven't done a HOT, but I'm making this my main DC again :lick:.

Babygrowth

If I don't do my sew in soon I'm afraid I will cause breakage... I'm sooo lazy with it because it is too cold to wear it how I want to wear it. My wash days have been awesome and my hair has been soooo soft but all these pics by HairPleezeGrow is giving me serious hair envy! Work it girl!

kupenda

Moisturized and sealed my flat twists beneath my half wig last night. They still feel soft and smooth. Im looking forward to wash day this weekend

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Did my 3rd wash with my bentonite clay, acv, and oil regimen tonight, and I'm having mixed feelings about it. I love that my scalp and hair get clean without feeling stripped, and I love the definition I get, but my hair texture is changing and becoming more wispy. I'm also getting a tad bit more breakage than I was when I was using my Giovanni condish. My homemade products aren't giving me enough moisture, and I loved how plump Giovanni made my hair :love:. Imma buy a bottle of Giovanni and keep it moving :lachen:. Here's my length check and comparison 10/29/14 Today: 01/11/15
That is some nice growth there, lady!

gvin89

So I just finished flat trusting the front if my hair (successfully this time)...They are actually "decent for the public". I have the hardest time positioning my hands to twist or cornrow my own hair. The back is 2 stand twisted. I actually did it on dry hair which was a first for me...hair still shrunk though.

I used JC N&S on my scalp and QB AOHC mixed with ATHB on my hair as a heavy moisturizer/sealant.

I hope to perfect the flat twist so I can try twist outs.

Last edited:

Leo24Rule

I was hoping to get my hair care and regimen in full swing buy purchasing some products from Annabelle's Perfect Blends and I'm just HOT, HOT, HOT!
I placed 2 orders on different days on the first week in January(1st & 3rd) and have yet to receive my products. 4 items to be exact when the store promises to be shipped within 7-10 business days. I don't think I'll be ordering from them :nono: I feel ripped off...:mob:

kupenda

I officially have too much hair to get much more use out of a single jar of 8 ounce conditioner. I have to order two jars if I want a full month of deep conditioning. Im not even secretly upset abt spending more money. Just happy to be making progress

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Sooo my hair came in from Her Hair Company and it's gorgeous. It's the straight in 18, 20, 22, & 24 with a 16in closure I believe. I was going to add some color to it like one of these two videos below but I'm not so sure anymore. This hair is stunning. This is the longest hair I've ever gotten. I believe my full lace I got 3 years ago was like a 20 or 22in. Anyway I made a full wig out of it and just figuring out what I'm going to do to it. Here's the videos that are inspiring me to color. Here are my pics. Please dont talk about my no make up and fat lol
Did I already show you this video? I either want to color my hair like this
http://youtu.be/Fz_dbJxDRQM
Or like this
http://youtu.be/fT7wz2-tI6g

View attachment 293357

View attachment 293359

View attachment 293361

View attachment 293363

PlainJane

My hair is feeling really dry after my roller set. The smoothness is holding up well though. I'm going to buy some DCs this weekend and I am keeping the receipts. My biggest mistake in this journey is keeping products that don't work. :nono: