2015 APL/BSL Challenge

traceedeebee

I actually worked out 6 times this week. :reddancer: I plan on switching it up at least once a week so that I don't get in a rut. Now, if I could figure out why I'm so hungry after I just ate.

On a hair note: I cleansed my hair with Neutrogena T-Sal. My scalp feels so much better. I should've co-washed during the week. I deep conditioned with Aussie Moist 3 Minute Deep Conditioner. Added SMCES and sealed with JBCO mix. I tied down my hair with a scarf to reduce the appearance of frizz.

trclemons

Soooooo, I BC'd today. I haven't used heat since I started transitioning 2 years ago, so my length checks will be from a plaited pull test.

Here are some starting pics.

Attachments

• 20141214_155429.jpg
    20141214_155429.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 20141214_160026.jpg
    20141214_160026.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 20141214_155935.jpg
    20141214_155935.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20141214_160155.jpg
    20141214_160155.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 20141214_160253.jpg
    20141214_160253.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 50

LuvlyRain3

So I decided to take the gnc vitamins I have left before the manetabolism gets here.im going to wait until January to start those. I figured if my body already has a high count of biotin then when I take manetabolism my skin won't freak out

Trixie58

Joining. Will overlap with my lovelies in SL 2014 till January comes around. Relaxing this week, will post a start pic after that. 1-2 inches from APL in the back but I have stupid "face framing layers" on the sides which I will try to grow out next year.

TheNDofUO

I'm going to takeout these twists after only 2 and a half weeks. My scalp is driving me crazy! Anyone tried scalp exfoliation? I needto do something about this.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I found a 6 pack of chiffon ouchless scrunchies at Cvs today. I use then to cover my bantu knots at night. Since my roots are puffy I've been sleeping in bantu knots instead of cross wrapping

gvin89

Hey ladies!!!! Got crochets installed to carry me through the month of December. I think I may get individual braids (extensions) for the first quarter of 2015.

PlainJane

I tension blow dried my hair on cool for the first time this weekend and my hair got so straight. I had the best braid out ever!
Fast forward to my SO coming to pick me up for a date and the first thing he says is "are you going to do your hair before we leave?" :shocked:
I explained to him that I just did my hair and I took my braids down a few minutes ago. He then said "Maybe you should braid it again then take it down again because it looks a little poofy".
If only it were that easy! :rolleyes:
I was very happy when a random guy complimented my hair later that night in front of him :yep:

ckisland

I'm going to set myself in this thread, because I seemed to have forgotten my hair length goals :lol:.

When I get the funds, I'm going to replace my mostly empty stash with Aubrey Organics :yep:. I loooove their condishes so much :drool: , and their gels are pretty good too. I used AOBC today, and when I rinsed I thought, "Ohhh!! That's what my hair's supposed to feel like!"

I already have my shopping cart ready and waiting. I hope Vitacost has another sale :look:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Here's my official length check. The top 2 pics are from January and the bottom 2 today. I'm going to braif my hair back down and continue to wig it. I guess this can be my official pic for the start of this challenge for January as well.

View attachment 288399

kupenda

Put a little water on my twists, spritzed with Oyin Juices and Berries, and now im under a plastic cap to baggy a bit. My half wig was a hit at work, so I'm gonna keep wearing it, and wear a scarf instead for exercising and swim class

ckisland

ckisland Have you tried their blue algae deep conditioner? This is on my wishlist along with the honeysuckle rose shampoo and conditioner.

No, I haven't tried the blue algae DC. I tried the honeysuckle rose when I first went natural and HATED IT!! It took me a couple of years to try AO again. I found out my hair hates shea butter (Cantu's the exception) when I tried the Shea Moisture line and my hair to give up on life :nono:.

I've used the Blue Chamomile, White Camellia, GPB :lick: :lick: , and the B5 and Mandarin gels :yep:. I'll be reordering all these condishes, the B5 gel, and want to try the Island Natural one, but it's got shea butter in the middle of the list, so I don't know. And I want to try a shampoo!! I'm researching which one to pick :drunk:

PlainJane

ckisland I love AO conditioners so now I'm intrigued. I've never heard of their gels. How do you use them? Stylers? For hold? Off to google reviews...

ckisland

ckisland I love AO conditioners so now I'm intrigued. I've never heard of their gels. How do you use them? Stylers? For hold? Off to google reviews...

I use them for my wash n'gos, and I've used the Mandarin one for twist/braidouts but that was awhile ago. There's a bit of a learning curve to organic/natural gels because they dry harder than you'd expect and it takes work to not apply too much :yep:. I used the B5 gel today for my wash n'go, and I went overboard :lol:. I love the hold/definition I got, but I was heavy handed in areas, and got some flakes. I did find out that it only takes a little bit of oil to get rid of the bit of flakes, and it softened my hair up instantly. I wasn't expecting that :lol:! The texture is kinda like KCCC but not as sticky or mucousy. It's AV based, so it's like a thicker version of AVG :yep::yep:

IslandMummy

I needed a cut but opted for a trim so I'm at collar bone length

Apparently this looks like a mugshot :lachen:

Attachments

• image-902258720.jpg
    image-902258720.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image-2381859324.jpg
    image-2381859324.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
It's moving along and hanging nicely. I see APL around the corner :yep:

Thanks faith. I sure hope so...I just hate that my hair is so fine and thin and takes forever and a day to grow. It's frustrating seeing everyone else's hair grow like a darn weed and with them doing NOTHING to their hair. I do all the right things at least I think I do and it still in this akward stage. I give myself 2 more years to even hit APL fully. I know there's nothing I can do about the density/thickness of my hair bc it's naturally thin but at least give me length damn it lol. Okay enough pouting I'm going back to wigging it. I did a wash n go that I'll wear until Thursday and then wig it.

PlainJane

I use them for my wash n'gos, and I've used the Mandarin one for twist/braidouts but that was awhile ago. There's a bit of a learning curve to organic/natural gels because they dry harder than you'd expect and it takes work to not apply too much :yep:. I used the B5 gel today for my wash n'go, and I went overboard :lol:. I love the hold/definition I got, but I was heavy handed in areas, and got some flakes. I did find out that it only takes a little bit of oil to get rid of the bit of flakes, and it softened my hair up instantly. I wasn't expecting that :lol:! The texture is kinda like KCCC but not as sticky or mucousy. It's AV based, so it's like a thicker version of AVG :yep::yep:

Thanks! I'm going to give it a try since I'm almost out of ecostyler.

bluenvy

HairPleezeGrow what you mean 2 years to reach Apl??! If you not Apl now, you are almost there. Can we get a pull check please? By the way I love your fine curls:yep: You have hair like my mommy. Yes I still call her mommy.

Anyway she keeps her hair in protective styles like box braids or twists year round, her hair is mbl last time I check, probably wl if I was to check on it now.

faithVA

Thanks faith. I sure hope so...I just hate that my hair is so fine and thin and takes forever and a day to grow. It's frustrating seeing everyone else's hair grow like a darn weed and with them doing NOTHING to their hair. I do all the right things at least I think I do and it still in this akward stage. I give myself 2 more years to even hit APL fully. I know there's nothing I can do about the density/thickness of my hair bc it's naturally thin but at least give me length damn it lol. Okay enough pouting I'm going back to wigging it. I did a wash n go that I'll wear until Thursday and then wig it.

Yeah enough pouting. It's been 2 years and I'm not even NL. We can switch if you want. :yep:

But you will be APL next year. Don't worry. Your hair isn't growing as slow as you think.