2014 Steaming in the Moisture

melisandre

First steam treatment. :yep: Steaming with Shescentit Banana Brulee and EVOO.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using LHCF

Rozlewis

Steaming for 30 mins with Naturelle Grow Marshmallow Root DC, Annabelle's Blueberry DC, Porosity Control, Peppermint and Rosemary oil.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Hey y'all! It's been a minute.

I steamed x3 last night with - 1.bentonite clay detox, 2. protein dc, 3. moisture dc.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Steaming for the first time in a while..... Dc with a protein heavy mix....Aubrey GPB and Milkcreek Keratin with oil on my scalp.

Nichelle_jb

I'm going to have to co-sign what Rnjones said. I remember researching steaming pros & cons, benefits to hair etc., and reading that oil was a must but I can't recall exactly where I read that.

Nichelle_jb

nmartin20

I deep conditioned my hair Sunday night. I used my medicated shampoo, rinsed with Shescenit Avocado conditioner(great first impression, #awesomedetangler), and deep conditioned under my steamer for 45 minutes with Curl Junkie Rehab. My steamer is a gift that keeps on giving!!!! I styled my hair with one hit wonders(OYIN collection). You know...hair dew, burnt sugar pomade, and whipped pudding!! I love this stuff!!!

Fine 4s

Currently steaming with Giovanni 50/50 and Chi intense moisture (ran put of 50/50) on dry hair.
Probably not a good idea to put on your night time face cream and then sit under a steamer. Oh well....

I'm tired but have about 40 more minutes to go! Ugh!

Angelicus

Hey Steamers! :weird: I will be steaming with Silk Dreams Razzberry Coconut Affair tonight! It is a LONG-NEEDED treat after not seeing my scalp in over two weeks-- hopefully I can find my scalp under all this new growth hahaha :lol: !

My steaming method includes:

1. applying conditioner to hair
2. applying hot wet turban to hair (yes, I love those $1.00 microfiber towels)
3. Putting on plastic cap and sitting under dryer for 10-15 minutes.

Rnjones

Had an amazing steam session last night! Applied some garlic infused olive/peppermint oil to scalp to help with some shedding. Applied Aussie deeeep mixed with more coconut oil than conditioner to length. Steamed for 30 minutes and then left on under plastic cap for 2 more hours. Hair felt sooooo good after rinsing.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Alta Angel

Steaming now for 45 minutes with Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner. Will use the conditioner as the base for my Kimaytube Leave In.

Rozlewis

Steaming right now with Naturelle Grow's Marshmallow Root DC, Porosity Control, Olive oil, Peppermint and Rosemary oil.

Jace032000

Hey Ladies---I've been lurking and decided to finally join!! I got my steamer in the mail yesterday -- and right now I'm sitting under it, steaming with Annabelle's Perfect Blend White Chocolate Mask and EVOO.

1. How often you will steam? weekly
2. What method are you using to steam? Stand-up steamer I bought off Amazon.
3. What products will you steam with? Whatever works---but currently testing out Annabelle's Perfect Blend DCs and can never go wrong with my honey & EVOO mix!

Last edited:

melisandre

Steaming with avocado, olive oil, mayonnaise and oyin honey hemp conditioner for 30 minutes.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using LHCF

LadyPBC

Crazy question ... what is the proper way to steam or what is the recommended way or what is a good way to steam. I have a Huetiful steamer but I never use it.

nmartin20

I washed my hair on Sunday. I must say I am enjoying this challenge. I am loving my hair more and more...I deep conditioned with Hairveda's Sitrinillah Deep Hair Masque under my steamer (45min). Love.. Love.. Love.. I styled my hair with Oyins' Hair dew, burnt sugar pomade, and whipped pudding...Hairveda's almond glaze(applied to my scalp).I keep these items on hand. Yep... that it! My staples for sure.

Beany

Currently steaming with TMN alma and avocado and Bask Yam for 30 min. Gonna overnight DC with it too.