2014 Christian Random Thoughts -- Don't Lose Hope

JaneBond007

Are these types of art wrong for the christian to have in the home?

JaneBond007

^^^I just burned them after dousing them in holy water. Thing is, I've been thinking about getting rid of them for awhile. I wouldn't have Navajo Kachina dolls because I believe in One G-d. So, why have those? I got them for an expression of African art. After my family from Ethiopia saw them, they were a bit unsettled. I figure they know more about it than me. But I kept them. I don't need more obstructions in my life. I feel peace now.

gn1g

question for bible scholars:

this has been puzzling me for a while, if a person say a person that knows the bible really well, a pastor, teacher, elder deacon etc, is back slidden for maybe 2-3 years and decides to turn from his wicked ways, repents and starts to get back into his word, what happens. Does he pick up right where he left off? Is his full power, annointing restored?

momi

^^^I just burned them after dousing them in holy water. Thing is, I've been thinking about getting rid of them for awhile. I wouldn't have Navajo Kachina dolls because I believe in One G-d. So, why have those? I got them for an expression of African art. After my family from Ethiopia saw them, they were a bit unsettled. I figure they know more about it than me. But I kept them. I don't need more obstructions in my life. I feel peace now.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Iwanthealthyhair67

workplace rant:

There was a farewell party for one of my companies expats last night, this woman thinks very poorly of Bahamian (black) people and she's a known lesbian.

Why do you think I would go and why as a Christian would you want to go is beyond me. Because she is my superior I have done whatever she has asked within the scope of my work, I don't have to attend her party and walk around pretending and making nice, this one is up to me and I wont be apologizing for my stance either.

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

What is becoming more apparent lately is that the things of God are spiritually discerned, so many opinions from so many lacking Holy Spirit.

It is the Spirit of God that brings revelation, it does not matter how learned you are, you don't know anything without the secret revealer.

Pooks

Hi ladies, haven't posted in a whiiiile my TODDLER (wow these days sure are flying) has me super busy. Big love to you all!

This was too good! Reposting so I don't lose it:

Experiencing God: Day By Day (Daily Devotional) God's Eternal Perspective

Daily Devotional for Thursday, January 16th, 2014

I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. Genesis 12:2

Big assignments require big characters. God will give you a responsibility in proportion to the size of your character. In Bible times, a person’s name represented his character; to know someone’s name was to know what the person was like. That’s why God changed the name of some when He transformed their character. For example, the Lord wanted to bless all the nations of the earth through Abram, yet Abram’s character was too weak for such a great task. God said He would make Abram’s name great so that He could make him a blessing to future generations. Then over the next twenty-five years, God developed Abraham’s character to match the name He had given him.

God sees your life from His eternal perspective. He will take whatever time is necessary to grow your character to match His assignment for you. If you have not received a divine commission lately, it may be that your character needs maturing. Are you impatient to begin your work before God has refined your character? A small character will fail in a large responsibility every time. Don’t be too hasty to get to the work.

Character-building can be long and painful. It took twenty-five years before God entrusted Abraham with his first son and set in motion the establishment of the nation of Israel. Yet God was true to His word, and thousands of years later people continue to be blessed by the account of Abraham’s life and by his descendant, Jesus.

How is God building your character? Do you sense He has a task for you that will require a far greater man or woman than you presently are? Will you yield to God as He works in your life to prepare you for your next assignment?

prettynatural

Think, Do, Be
Went to catholic mass yesterday with some sorors. It was nice, the people were welcoming. The worship is different, very different but I felt the Holy Spirit there and it was nice.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
workplace rant:

There was a farewell party for one of my companies expats last night, this woman thinks very poorly of Bahamian (black) people and she's a known lesbian.

Why do you think I would go and why as a Christian would you want to go is beyond me. Because she is my superior I have done whatever she has asked within the scope of my work, I don't have to attend her party and walk around pretending and making nice, this one is up to me and I wont be apologizing for my stance either.

:bighug: I understand and I care. :kiss:

Iwanthealthyhair67

(Genesis 1:1-2)

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

This right here leaped into my spirit this morning, particularly verse 1 ...I'm pondering this right now...

LiftedUp

Something to Think About

Christ's salvation is offered to us freely, and cannot be earned by our actions. Despite this, Christians have struggled since the earliest days of the church with the temptation to try and earn God's forgiveness by doing good works, following the law, or just living "good" lives. Why is it so hard for us to accept Christ's gift? Is this a struggle for you?

I got this from Bible Gateway this morning and wanted to share :)

JaneBond007

^^^Because you simply cannot PROVE you know him without demonstrating your behavior. It's truly simple to comprehend. Faith without works is truly dead.

Last edited:

LiftedUp

^^^Because you simply cannot PROVE you know him without demonstrating your behavior. It's truly simple to comprehend. Faith without works is truly dead.

I agree, but I didn't get it from the passage. God's love is unconditional. Sometimes, personally, I feel that I have to prove that I really and truly love him in exchange for this unconditional love. I've struggled with this as a child. As children, we made up a million things theories of how to go to heaven (as soon as you're about to die say the Lord's Prayer really quickly); or if you do something wrong, do 10 good things to make it right :lol:. But it's not that technical. Salvation is for everyone. God's love is for everyone. His forgiveness is for everyone. Once, you accept that his Son, died for your sins. By accepting this, doing his will and walking the walk that he wants us to walk will come naturally, a part of life.

At least that is what I got from the passage.

JaneBond007

I agree, but I didn't get it from the passage. God's love is unconditional. Sometimes, personally, I feel that I have to prove that I really and truly love him in exchange for this unconditional love. I've struggled with this as a child. As children, we made up a million things theories of how to go to heaven (as soon as you're about to die say the Lord's Prayer really quickly); or if you do something wrong, do 10 good things to make it right :lol:. But it's not that technical. Salvation is for everyone. God's love is for everyone. His forgiveness is for everyone. Once, you accept that his Son, died for your sins. By accepting this, doing his will and walking the walk that he wants us to walk will come naturally, a part of life.

At least that is what I got from the passage.

It's still so simple. If a murderer believed in Jesus as Messiah, he would not keep on murdering and the thief would cease his thieving. We all have venial sins but the big ones like that, it's impossible. You keep climbing the hill and that takes action. That's just how simple it is. Walking the walk is doing what He asks and He said, "sin no more." Right? People try and make it seem like someone is very technical with it without even reading what that particular denomination is talking about from THEIR doctrine, publications, teachings. If only they would listen first, form opinion secondly...they would see that it's basically the same thing. Yeah, lol, I'm one of those from the denomination that so many others say that we are trying to be good enough. We're just persevering until the end like He commanded us to. :yep: What you described personally is an attack from the enemy. Keep the 10 commandments. That's it. That's it in a nutshell...plus, the bit about loving our neighbor. It will flow when people let go of fear. One priest said, "have no fear and trust in that salvation."

Last edited:

gn1g

i wish it were that easy, there is such things as yokes of bondage and strongholds.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
minivent: It's tragic, really, to consider singing for the world a step UP or promotion, from singing in the church. The latter, IMHO, is a greater honor. Man this world can get things so backward.

Divine.

Priorities in the church are getting really messed up. I was listening to my local Christian radio station today and they were debating running the church as a business. One of the ministers admitted that he tweaked his sermons to tickle his members' ears. He's afraid he will lose members otherwise. He cared more about their money (tithe) than saving souls. I could not believe my ears!

I thank God He saved me when He did because I would've been one of those people looking for a pastor that made me feel good about myself. I'm drawn to pastors that convict my spirit and do not mince words for the sake of my hearing pleasure.

felic1

A lot of elements in local churches are being considered business ventures. Our church has a senior citizen apartment house, a veterans home, condo like townhomes and some other buildings and construction. The street where the church is located had become a strip where unsavory behavior was conducted. The city sold most of the property on the street to the church and the county assisted with funding and or tax breaks. I have not seen any derelict appearing person ( unsaved soul) wandering the area. Our church has a lot of people delivered from various addictions. This situation seemed to make the community more valuable.

LucieLoo12

I got to testify this morning!

So I was on the highway on the way to work this morning and this guy runs me off the interstate. My car hydroplanes sending me 50ft. I ended up in this grassy part , inches away from the median. My car wasn't damaged and I still made it to work on time. BUT GOD!

Sidenote: It's really scary how selfish and cold people are becoming today. This person was so in a rush to get to where ever they were going and didn't even care if they harmed me. He didn't even know if I had a child in the car nor did he care. SMH And the interstate was busy and NO ONE stopped to see if I was ok. People are just all about themselves. The bible says in the last day, the love of many will wax cold.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Praise the living God, he is a protector!

I THANK Him today for keeping you safe!

You speak truth, I've been thinking a lot on this lately, we are the point where no one cares for the other and every man is doing was seems right in his own eyes with little or no regard for anyone else.

About 3-4 weeks ago one of my church sister was involved in a similar accident she also ended up in a ditch her car is a right off but she is blessed to be alive, walked away with bruising and soreness, that person didn't stop either.

BUT GOD!

So I was on the highway on the way to work this morning and this guy runs me off the interstate. My car hydroplanes sending me 50ft. I ended up in this grassy part , inches away from the median. My car wasn't damaged and I still made it to work on time. BUT GOD!

Sidenote: It's really scary how selfish and cold people are becoming today. This person was so in a rush to get to where ever they were going and didn't even care if they harmed me. He didn't even know if I had a child in the car nor did he care. SMH And the interstate was busy and NO ONE stopped to see if I was ok. People are just all about themselves. The bible says in the last day, the love of many will wax cold.

JaneBond007

You are struggling trying to make sense of it all and you realize that He is reaching out to you. You will never make "sense" out of it all. He is too grand. But you can have faith. Many have let go and fallen into His gentle hand long before you. Oh, there's going to be persecution - the same and even worse than that you are making against believers right now. But in the end, what will you have based upon your decision? You cannot turn back now...you have come to that junction of knowledge. All you can do is accept or reject and face the consequences.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

Oh But GOD!

So happy that you are okay LucieLoo12. Bless your Darlin' Heart.

:bighug:

God's protection is always with you, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen!