2014 Christian Random Thoughts -- Don't Lose Hope

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Hey, I too believe there was a Big Bang...
Gen 1:1-3. Adonai said, then BANG! Haven't you heard? Isa. 40:28

Highly Favored8

LoveisYou

None of us can fail God! Why because in Ps. 73:26 says

"My flesh and my heart FAIL:But God is the strenght of my heart and my portion forever.

If sin is the cause of your "feelings" that you failed God then you have to

Repent with a very forgiving heart to the Father.

Ps.51 & Ps.103 in it's entirety.

Remember a righteous man falls 7 times before he/we get back up again.

Ps.37:23-24

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord;and He delighteh in his way.
"Though he fall he shall not be utterly cast down:for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand"

Remember God is with us at all places and at all times. Remember the Kingdom of the living God is living inside of you. Call on Abba Father and reach up and out to Him! God has you in the palms of His Hands!

Iwanthealthyhair67

Acts 4:11-12

11"He is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you, THE BUILDERS, but WHICH BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone.

12"And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

That name is JESUS!

Iwanthealthyhair67

Lying for self preservation (when you dropped the ball on something), is still lying...I did this most recently and I cant describe the feeling of disappointment that goes along with it.

I disappointed myself and I feel I disappointed my Daddy, Lord ask me again and will not try to cover myself, this time I will pass the test.

Laela

God is not a man that He should lie...

He was there, at the beginning; He's already there, at the end.

LiftedUp

So as I said in the prayer request thread, my life has been the oddest thing lately. I went on a mini-vacation with mi mama :infatuated: and one night while she was up working :nono: she said that I was groaning and tossing and turning in my sleep. I'm usually a very restful, heavy sleeper, so this is unusual. I told her that I had a bad dream, it was with my boss and I was crying, bawling my eyes out in the dream and at the end of the dream I was being told constantly to quit and to leave my current position.

Now if that wasn't direct I don't know what is :lol:. So please say a prayer for me ladies that I find another good position. My boss is a nice lady but I don't know how to explain our relationship. But I definitely need to get out of there.

Thank you :)

**PS I didn't want to put this in the prayer request thread.

JaneBond007

^^Be careful that you don't interpret your deepest unconscious desires as being G-d's will. It might not be. If you feel your colleagues are trying to push you out, yes, look for another position.

Iwanthealthyhair67

James 2:19
19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Father give us revelation of who you are, the demons tremble and yet someone us (those who claim to know you) remain unaffected.

Iwanthealthyhair67

In my office lots of ash crosses today...my thoughts; why put down something to take it back up again 40 days from now...some things just need to stay down...can we stop being so religious.

Laela

I heard such a poignant Word about marriage: marriage isn't about loving your spouse... it's about God loving your spouse through you. Will share the transcript when I can get it.

LovelyRo

I just read through my journal from my fast and it's very powerful! I've questioned this season of my life for a while now never realizing that if I'm still here, it's for a reason. There is something that I'm supposed to learn/do during this season of my life. God is still working on me.

JaneBond007

Ted Haggard and Gary Busey have swapped wives on Celebrity Wife Swap. He has a lot to say about gay people and how "we respect them." "Them?" I mean, that man's got a ton of sugar in his trunk. Bwahaha. Now why would the Haggards appear on Celebrity Wife Swap?

Shimmie, this is one of my flawed moments :lol::lol:

JaneBond007

^^^At the end of the show, they had a very wonderful testimony, though. He spoke about staying put and rising, standing ground and being transformed. He also spoke on not judging. Well, sorry, Ted. You're right. But...I think it's not an ideal situation for the wife. I just don't think people can change...but they are together for the sake of the kids, poor things. They have one special needs child. And the Busey's are funny lol.

Last edited:

prettynatural

Think, Do, Be
Church was great! Went to a dear friend of mine church and got the message I needed. God is good!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Iwanthealthyhair67

^^^At the end of the show, they had a very wonderful testimony, though. He spoke about staying put and rising, standing ground and being transformed. He also spoke on not judging. Well, sorry, Ted. You're right. But...I think it's not an ideal situation for the wife. I just don't think people can change...but they are together for the sake of the kids, poor things. They have one special needs child. And the Busey's are funny lol.

Why don't you think that people can't change

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Ted Haggard and Gary Busey have swapped wives on Celebrity Wife Swap. He has a lot to say about gay people and how "we respect them." "Them?" I mean, that man's got a ton of sugar in his trunk. Bwahaha. Now why would the Haggards appear on Celebrity Wife Swap?

@Shimmie, this is one of my flawed moments :lol::lol:

JaneBond007, It's one of mine as well, I taped the show so that I could watch it later... :lol:

How did it turn out? I haven't had a chance to view it yet. It's been a busy week and weekend for me.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

Oh, okay. Thanks JB for the summary of the show.

Healthy Hair, I believe that 'gays' can and do change. It's a matter of the heart. Science still has not proven that gay is DNA validated, and they can't because it's not. It's a lying 'spirit' to one's soul and the devil is a liar! Yet God is Truth and always will be.

Ephesians 2 is clear; "We shall be as God has such created..."... 'straight'.

JaneBond007

@JaneBond007, It's one of mine as well, I taped the show so that I could watch it later... :lol:

How did it turn out? I haven't had a chance to view it yet. It's been a busy week and weekend for me.

G-d forgive me, but I was cracking up all the way through. When Ted communicates, I'm just like...:blush::look: :lachen:. L-rd bless him. You know how I feel about changing midstream...:nono:. Anyhoo, he gave a very nice testimony in the end about people judging and trying to destroy families and I hadn't truly considered his wife nor kids. He was working on spending more time with them. Busey's wife was talking about astral travel to her husband while away bwahahaha! In the end, it was a pretty good wife swap and they didn't fight with each other as the other couples do.

JaneBond007

Because I believe that some people are born gay and others come into that behavior due to external circumstances. I tend to look towards psychology a lot. Secondly, we catholics do not believe that someone is sinful until they act sinfully. Therefore, having the propensity of homosexuality doesn't make one sinful, it's acting upon it because it would be sex outside G-d's creation of male and female in a marital unit.

For Gayle Haggard, well, she's surely a martyr in this situation, imho.

felic1

My understanding is that homosexual people commit sexual acts. Homosexual thoughts do not make you a homosexual. You have to become a practitioner.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Because I believe that some people are born gay and others come into that behavior due to external circumstances. I tend to look towards psychology a lot.

Though we are born in sin and shaped in iniquity, I do not believe anyone is born gay, we still have to make a choice to think it and act on it... to not believe that a man can change goes against the very essence of God because He can indeed do anything.

JaneBond007

"I believe...as a catholic"....because we do not discount the humanity of man in a fallen world. If I were in her shoes, I'd dissolve the marriage and raise the kids together but from separate homes. Who on earth should have to be subjected to such a thing just because others think you can be zapped from that struggle. Plenty of men "change" from being man-whores...and still struggle with the wicked eye for other women. Same thing, shrugs. Others are free to believe what they will about such cases. I personally think it's dumb to encourage a woman/man to stay in that toxic environment. Memories alone would be tough enough. Poor Gayle. I'm not at all limiting the creation of G-d because He can do whatever He wills to do. He's healed people. However, common observance of the world around should make people aware that there surely are a lot of one-legged folks. Shrugs. Maybe it is a cross to bear?

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

My thoughts; the humanity of man in a fallen world in which He has not left us ill equipped, so we can be 'zapped' (as you say) from a struggle immediately, how long it takes to manifest in our members I believe is up to us.

As for leaving I would have left too, if only for a time until I was sure that he got himself together.

If God only does whatever He wills then its no point in my praying, faith moves the hand of God and his word.

I am not sure that is the kind of cross that he referred to when following Him.