2014 Christian Random Thoughts -- Don't Lose Hope

felic1

I think it would be in order for priests to get married and have children. The priests are growing older and do not need to be alone.

JaneBond007

No, catholic priests take a vow of celibacy and their "family" is the parish they are the Father of. They are not alone when they become very old and feeble. The article was an attempt to further jab the church even despite Pope Francis being as refreshing a change as he is. People just don't comprehend the catholic family, which is the point of my disgust with that article because she's making a big deal out of a non-big-deal lol. Catholics have a different understanding about marriage and children than most others. Why she has a problem with this, I dunno.

Last edited:

LoveisYou

Another song on my heart tonight

In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

PinkPebbles

The Holy Spirit placed this on my heart this morning: stop letting the enemy tell you "no" without giving God the opportunity to tell you "yes." Doubt, uncertainty, and confusion about what God has promised us is nothing but a trick of the enemy... Philippians 4:6-7 says: "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Ask God for what you want... Make your requests and stop toiling and worrying about it!

So true...thanks for sharing!

Iwanthealthyhair67

Thinking out loud!

I'm baffled, I don't know what I did or even said...everything was going fine at lunch even though I noticed you weren't taking part in the conversation much, we get back to the office and you are a totally different person.

Ignoring me which I'm fine with if you are busy but I' m busy too and its rude, I look up to you and respect you, how could you leave and not say that you are leaving and you know that I'm right here ...I'm tired of these mood swings

Iwanthealthyhair67

Lord I'm really feeling sensitive about this right now, whatever lesson there is in this for me to learn help me to learn it, help me to not be so easily affected when folk I care about act a fool. Let my emotions submit to you so that I am not up today and down tomorrow, help me to be constant like you are constant, someone is watching and I want to always represent you well...

LiftedUp

God keeps showing up and showing out. Everything I have asked for is coming to pass in the right time. Thank you Jesus :)

It's exciting, overwhelming and scary at the same time. I feel like I'm reading a mystery novel.

My God is AWESOME!!!

No weapon formed against me shall prosper.

My life is truly reflected in my siggy verse right now :)

Iwanthealthyhair67

okay its official, YOU have a problem, I extended myself to you this morning and brought your favorite, mangoes!

your response, "I have lots of these at home, someone brought me a lot of them, you can give it to the girls downstairs".

I wish you would stay this way and never come round, it would make it easier ...You are much too old for this, this is child's play!

I wont have your bad attitude have me begging God to get me from around you or you from around me, HE PLACED ME HERE and I will not be moved before my time.

JaneBond007

Did you erase before I got a chance to read, tricky, tricky...anyway your beautiful!!

When someone writes "JB," I think they're referring to me. I'm probably wrong but usually, that's what they write. Are you referring to me? I don't comprehend what you were asking previously. I tagged you with this basic message, then erased it. If it's not referring to me, please disregard.

Iwanthealthyhair67

When someone writes "JB," I think they're referring to me. I'm probably wrong but usually, that's what they write. Are you referring to me? I don't comprehend what you were asking previously. I tagged you with this basic message, then erased it. If it's not referring to me, please disregard.

I meant you:yep:

Iwanthealthyhair67

LoveisYou praying for you, don't let go just yet continue to reach out to him as you are led to

remember this psalms 27 says:

Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.

LoveisYou

LoveisYou praying for you, don't let go just yet continue to reach out to him as you are led to

remember this psalms 27 says:

Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.

Thank you lady, I love that verse. It used to tear me up when I was younger, now not so much. The pain isn't as intense, slowly I feel that I'm moving toward acceptance of what is, instead of what "should be." God knows why.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Thank you lady, I love that verse. It used to tear me up when I was younger, now not so much. The pain isn't as intense, slowly I feel that I'm moving toward acceptance of what is, instead of what "should be." God knows why.

Amen! Once you've done what the Lord requires of you, it's just the matter of hurt feelings to be dealt with and HE can fix that too.

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

1 cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

LoveisYou

Another song

"All authority
Every victory is Yours
All authority
Every victory is Yours

Savior, worthy of honor and glory
Worthy of all our praise, You overcame
Jesus, awesome in power forever
Awesome and great is Your name, You overcame"

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
1 cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Healthy Hair...your post is so on time. This morning during my commute to work, I was reading this article from Charisma...

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion...-david-was-not-gay-and-jesus-was-not-intersex

Right afterwards, as I was shaking my head at the foolishless, I read your post and this scripture just answered it all.

Thank you for allowing the Holy Spirit to use you so richly and so on time...

Iwanthealthyhair67

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
@Shimmie

Two words:

LORD HELP!!!!

Psalm 18:6

As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

Healthy Hair, God knows.... His Word is truly 'tried'. Folks keep 'trying' Him, in an attempt to make a mockery of His Word and all that He has ordained.

Yet little do they know, God's Word never changes and especially not to validate sin.

ckisland

For the first time since I was 10 or 11, I got down on my knees and prayed to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I have been speaking with The Lord for over a week, and tonight I was compelled to submit myself, to touch my forehead to the floor to the King of Heaven.

I've found myself lurking in this side of the forum for a long time, and I never thought I would be posting in here. I never thought I would come to Christianity ever again, but I asked to be made whole and He is the one who answered.

I have so many questions for you ladies, if you all would be willing to help me :) I feel like a little kid, I'm totally new to this LOL!!

Divine.

For the first time since I was 10 or 11, I got down on my knees and prayed to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I have been speaking with The Lord for over a week, and tonight I was compelled to submit myself, to touch my forehead to the floor to the King of Heaven.

I've found myself lurking in this side of the forum for a long time, and I never thought I would be posting in here. I never thought I would come to Christianity ever again, but I asked to be made whole and He is the one who answered.

I have so many questions for you ladies, if you all would be willing to help me :) I feel like a little kid, I'm totally new to this LOL!!

Welcome!! Isn't it wonderful how God answers us in our darkest hours? God is so good! :yahoo: Don't be afraid to ask questions! That's what we're here for :yep: