2014 Christian Random Thoughts -- Don't Lose Hope

JaneBond007

What on earth is wrong with people, esp. some of these supposed ministers?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/...p-for-foreign-students/#.U4JD0M6lKIw.facebook

SC pastor accused of turning Bible college into forced labor camp for foreign students

The president of a South Carolina Bible college was charged last week with essentially treating foreign students as slaves by forcing them to perform work for little or no pay.

According to The Sun News, federal prosecutors filed a criminal complaint against Cathedral Bible College President Reginald Wayne Miller, accusing him of forced labor.

An affidavit included with the complaint said that students “described a pervasive climate of fear in which their legal status as non-immigrant students was in constant jeopardy, at the sole discretion of Dr. Miller, who threatened expulsion and therefore termination of their legal presence in the United States for noncompliance with his demands.”

Students told investigators that classes at the school “were not real,” and that the real purpose of the school was to force them to work over the maximum of 20 hours per week that federal law allows for student visas. The students alleged that Miller often forced them to live in substandard conditions without hot water, heat or air-conditioning.

The complaints said that students worked over 50 hours a week, and often received no pay, even though some had been promised $100 a week. Several students said that they were paid $50 a week for 40 hours of work or more.

The Friendly Atheist blog quipped that slavery was rampant throughout the Bible, allowing Miller to “still be considered a true man of the Bible.”

Miller was arrested in 2006 on charges of lewdness and prostitution after he exposed himself to an undercover officer in a bathhouse at Myrtle Beach State Park. Records indicated that Miller participated in a pre-trial intervention program, allowing his record to be expunged.

During a Friday appearance at Florence Federal Court House, a federal judge set bail at $250,000. He was also ordered to stay away from Cathedral Bible College, and its students. The former pastor could spend 20 years in jail if convicted.

See link above for news video. :nono:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/<iframe src=

JaneBond007

Since when did being a christian mean being absolutely perfect and beyond human? People just like looking for those flaws. Thing is, until you know Him, you don't know what others see in Him, flawed or not.

bellatiamarie

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him. 1 Corinthians 2:9

LiftedUp

Job 19:25-27

New International Version (NIV)

25 I know that my redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

mz.rae

Im so tired of the state I am in. I just feel like emotions are up and down. I no longer want to live in this city anymore, and just want to up and leave. Only problem is I'm so close in nursing school, but I just feel like screw it just moving and transferring my credits. I have felt so low that I just wanted to check out on life. I often asked God where are you? Why do I feel like this? I'm praying but the empty feeling is still there. Why does it seem like everyone else's life is starting to fall into place but mine? Why is everyone getting into happy loving relationships, but im not? Why do I feel so alone. Im tired of feeling bitter. I know what I did was wrong, but I started to resent my church and the people there for introducing me to this guy when I was in a relationship. Our relationship wasn't healthy, and I later found out he wasn't being faithful himself. But even still I felt sadness about it ending and blamed the church. I just want love and to not feel alone.

JaneBond007

^^^Please stay in school and finish your degree. You can easily transfer to another city and get your upper degrees. Develop your profession over a man. I think you should see the glass as 1/2 full.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
OK and I received this message, heard on the radio today:

(paraphrasing) For those who say they can't/ won't be a Christian because the churches are full of hypocrites, you're right. The church is a place much like a hospital where people go for healing and flock to it. So instead of focusing on those who are trying, why not focus on the personhood of God's Son, the most genuine person who ever lived? Your perspective will change for the better.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Im so tired of the state I am in. I just feel like emotions are up and down. I no longer want to live in this city anymore, and just want to up and leave. Only problem is I'm so close in nursing school, but I just feel like screw it just moving and transferring my credits. I have felt so low that I just wanted to check out on life. I often asked God where are you? Why do I feel like this? I'm praying but the empty feeling is still there. Why does it seem like everyone else's life is starting to fall into place but mine? Why is everyone getting into happy loving relationships, but im not? Why do I feel so alone. Im tired of feeling bitter. I know what I did was wrong, but I started to resent my church and the people there for introducing me to this guy when I was in a relationship. Our relationship wasn't healthy, and I later found out he wasn't being faithful himself. But even still I felt sadness about it ending and blamed the church. I just want love and to not feel alone.

You are only feeling badly because the relationship did not work the way you wanted it to, trust me things will get better but it's going to take some effort from you, start by forgiving the church people and then forgive yourself.

Though this relationship was orchestrated by the church people it doesn't sound like he was who God has for you.

You can take God at his word, he doesn't do false hookups, there is no failure in God....ask him to show you where you went wrong and be willing to accept responsibility for not listening to him or not going directly to him before starting a relationship, He is your source not the church people.

I'm praying that you stop giving into your 'feelings' (you admitted that they are up and down) and earnestly seek God in this, he has not left or forsaken you.l

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

I'm really excited about God and what he wants to do in the lives of his people, if we would only let him, if we were only ready.

I want us to move forward in God and go from Faith to Faith and glory to glory, I am ready to see the miraculous, to see signs and wonders, I want us to see us lay hands on the sick and they recover, I want to see the opening of the blinded eyes, the lame walk, the depressed and tormented set free in Jesus name...Father, help us to operate in powers and authority that you have so generously given us.

Abba, daddy please make my heart ready, .steadfast and unwavering, let me be pliable, I don't want to be a cast away...annoint my eyes with eye salve so that I can see you unstop my ears so that I can hear you, thicken my skin to take rebuke and not be easily offended, help me to have respect for authority, help me not to be stiffnecked I want to enter into your rest.

Father I come willing and humble myself under your mighty hand, my hearts desire is to you Lord, change me, everything that is not like you take it out, reveal me to me, let me see what you see the good the bad and the ugly, the buried and forgotten things the secret things the things that so easily beset me. I am laid bare before you, you see the heart and try the reigns.

Lord, I surrender again hear my cry and answer me.

LiftedUp

How is your church celebrating Father's Day this year? I was thinking about the topic in OT where some fathers didn't feel appreciated and it's really sad. The fathers of the members of our youth ministry are some of our biggest supporters, they may not be as in the limelight as our mothers but they're there and they referee our sporting events, make sure that our members come out to events clean, happy and with full bellies etc. I decided to coordinate our little rugrats (they're my sweetie pies really lol) to do a big dedication to dad and to do some homemade gifts.

mz.rae

You are only feeling badly because the relationship did not work the way you wanted it to, trust me things will get better but it's going to take some effort from you, start by forgiving the church people and then forgive yourself.

Though this relationship was orchestrated by the church people it doesn't sound like he was who God has for you.

You can take God at his word, he doesn't do false hookups, there is no failure in God....ask him to show you where you went wrong and be willing to accept responsibility for not listening to him or not going directly to him before starting a relationship, He is your source not the church people.

I'm praying that you stop giving into your 'feelings' (you admitted that they are up and down) and earnestly seek God in this, he has not left or forsaken you.l

Thank you so much!!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him. 1 Corinthians 2:9

bellatiamarie... thank you for this scripture, a sure promise from God's heart to us. It blessed me so much that it stayed in my spirit and I ended up sharing it in another post.

God bless you and yes, God surely has much which your eye has not seen, nor your ears have not heard, nor your mind has ever imagined, but yet you shall behold by sight, by ear, by mind and within your hands...the sure blessings and the power of God for you are His 'Delight'.

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.

bellatiamarie

bellatiamarie... thank you for this scripture, a sure promise from God's heart to us. It blessed me so much that it stayed in my spirit and I ended up sharing it in another post.

God bless you and yes, God surely has much which your eye has not seen, nor your ears have not heard, nor your mind has ever imagined, but yet you shall behold by sight, by ear, by mind and within your hands...the sure blessings and the power of God for you are His 'Delight'.

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.

He's so AWESOME... Thank you!! Shimmie

crlsweetie912

Found out that the job that I deeply wanted with all my heart would have been worse than the situation I'm in now. Thank you Lord for seeing everything and protecting me.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Love this!

Shortcuts are not from God. Those results won't last. But things achieved from God's processes last for generations.
-Chris Cree

Divine.

I am so thankful that I have the Lord in my life. He is my everything. I honestly don't know where I'd be without Him. Sometimes it just amazes me how God can love the unlovable and show mercy to those who don't deserve it. I am humbled.

crlsweetie912

At my lowest point. But He is still with me. Thankful for His steadfast nature even though I waver. Looking at this as a new beginning for me rather than an ending.

Shimmie

Staff member
At my lowest point. But He is still with me. Thankful for His steadfast nature even though I waver. Looking at this as a new beginning for me rather than an ending.

There's no other place to go but...... :Rose: "UP" :Rose:

:bighug:

JaneBond007

People and their assumptions - it bothers me, esp. if they are racially charged. I think they don't want someone over them. Well, maybe they missed the memo. There is always going to be someone bigger, better, smarter than you, always. Yes, the L-rd can carry this burden. Sometimes, you just need to unload your heart.

bellatiamarie

The Holy Spirit placed this on my heart this morning: stop letting the enemy tell you "no" without giving God the opportunity to tell you "yes." Doubt, uncertainty, and confusion about what God has promised us is nothing but a trick of the enemy... Philippians 4:6-7 says: "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Ask God for what you want... Make your requests and stop toiling and worrying about it!

Last edited:

LoveisYou

The Holy Spirit placed this on my heart this morning: stop letting the enemy tell you "no" without giving God the opportunity to tell you "yes." Doubt, uncertainty, and confusion about what God has promised us is nothing but a trick of the enemy... Philippians 4:6-7 says: "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Ask God for what you want... Make your requests and stop toiling and worrying about it!

Thank you!

crlsweetie912

I need to reign in my thoughts. I'm sitting here listening to someone who has everything they could ever need and double.....but complains all day everyday. I started to have contempt in my heart for this person with all that I'm going through. And envy. I need to focus on good, pure things of God and tune everything else out .
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

LoveisYou

Jehovah Jireh, my provider, His grace is sufficient for me
The Lord shall supply all my needs
According to His riches in glory
He gave His angels charge over me
Jehovah Jireh cares for me

Just sharing the song that's on my heart

Shimmie

Staff member
Jehovah Jireh, my provider, His grace is sufficient for me
The Lord shall supply all my needs
According to His riches in glory
He gave His angels charge over me
Jehovah Jireh cares for me

Just sharing the song that's on my heart

I love this song... :yep: Thank you so much for sharing this from your heart to ours. :love2:

Your 'Provision' shall be 'seen' ....... In Jesus' Name, Amen.

JaneBond007

John 6:53

53So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. 54“He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. 55“For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. 56“He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. 57“As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also will live because of Me. 58“This is the bread which came down out of heaven; not as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live forever.” Words to the Disciples
59These things He said in the synagogue as He taught in Capernaum.
60Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this said, “This is a difficult statement; who can listen to it?” 61But Jesus, conscious that His disciples grumbled at this, said to them, “Does this cause you to stumble? 62What then if you see the Son of Man ascending to where He was before? 63“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life. 64“But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him. 65And He was saying, “For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted him from the Father.”

Last edited: