2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

JaneBond007

Although I don't push my religion (this is a christian forum) on others at all, I likewise won't be pushed easily to deny my beliefs. That's not all to say that I don't have longing for the synagogue. I do and I still go occasionally. Sometimes, I do wonder if I made the final best choice for me and in those moments, I find solace by little miracles of faith. G-d sends them to me. I've known from age 13 til now where I was born, of whom I was born, and have witnessed stage by stage where G-d was leading me. If it were not for the synagogue, I would never have seen the beauty in catholicism. And if it were not for catholicism, I would not have appreciated fully the beauty of judaism. I'm in a very different space from most ...but it's still in the loving arms of G-d.

In fact, I just thought of certain spiritual touches I've experienced in life previously. One of the most cherished was Rosh Hashanah at the Chabad in Pittsburgh, PA a few years back with my cousin from Chicago. I still cherish all the lovely people I met then and hold dear to myself still today. But the question I had as I sat in the sanctuary was one of where G-d was. I didn't feel Him distinctly in the messianic church's tabernacle, nor exactly the same in the evangelical church of my best friend then, as I do in the catholic church...directly in their tabernacle. And then He revealed His Presence to me...as a loving Father, stretched out above the knesset, arms open, and I felt safe. It rather coincides with another moment of doubt and the L-rd came to me. I could see him in my mind. But I was told I had two choices and both are orthodoxy, and to be good. That's it.

I don't expect everyone to comprehend that, but my cousin does. She never judges my choices not to come in halachically via orthodoxy. She just loves me as her cousin. We share many things...but one thing we don't is a negative proselytizing spirit. We're lucky, I guess, considering the sad state of the world and its inability to get along. We have respect for one another. But I feel incredibly lucky to be in the place I'm in. I see the value all around me and I honor it. But as they say, you can't sit on two chairs with one butt. So where does that leave an anusi catholic? Or someone who is a Jewish convert to catholicism? Well, if they find the place they are supposed to be, it leaves them in the arms of G-d with all sorts of lovely expressions of faith all around. Even in persecution, they find the roses. Religious choices and practice are personal...they are communal in the body of like-believers. A choice doesn't take away the shine of another, ever.

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

When the time was right,
the sea parted,
the walls fell down,
the lions went hungry,
the sun stood still,
the star appeared,
the waves were calmed,
the stone rolled away,
the Lord ascended...
And when the time is right,
The King of kings will return.

God is never early and He's never late - He's always right on time and His plans for you are good.

"For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

Sent from my iPad 3 using LHCF

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

I must confess something. In all my time of being a christian I have never felt anything at Easter. However this Easter I feel so much I can't even put it into words. To now really being taught the word and gospel without all that fluff of mansions,cars,and prosperity and now being on the track of healing by God alone, I finally see God for who he is. Never will I think again why did bad things happen to good people. There is no such thing as a good person as we all fall short of the glory from the womb. But Jesus God in the flesh did nothing to deserve the ridicule and abuse. But God so loved us-so meaning a overwhelming amount that he sent his son.

I finally feel like I'm learning about Christianity and how I should be striving in my life. I'm so happy to be able to finally know what this walk is and what it isn't. I love God and I love the men of God at my church. I love the body of Christ my church family-something I have never said in my whole life.

I went yesterday to help my now adoptive mom and dad at their apartments since they are in the Cares program. I took 2 hours of my Saturday early to help out and make pancakes and such. Do you know I felt good and had fun doing that. I have never felt that way ever. Daddy Blaine introduces me as his daughter who were are in the process of adopting. This makes me giggle like a school girl. Now you must know they are white but they are so loving and I feel no condemnation nor slave feeling just love. I can't express that. It's up there with God's love.

I love you ladies flaws and all. We have are good days here and bad but we are in this thing period.

MrsHaseeb

Thanks to the Bible series I now see the man who played the part of Jesus when I read the Gospels, lol. I wish I could get that out of my head.

JaneBond007

1Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Phil 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with
thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and
watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

1Thes 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

1Peter 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch
unto prayer.

Luke 18:1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always
to pray, and not to faint;

Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye
pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

John 16:23-24 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto
you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto
have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be
full.

JaneBond007

As Jesus cried out on the cross to His Father, He was referring to Psalm 22:

Psalm 22[a]
For the director of music. To the tune of “The Doe of the Morning.” A psalm of David.

1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from my cries of anguish?
2 My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
by night, but I find no rest.

3 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
you are the one Israel praises.[c]
4 In you our ancestors put their trust;
they trusted and you delivered them.
5 To you they cried out and were saved;
in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

6 But I am a worm and not a man,
scorned by everyone, despised by the people.
7 All who see me mock me;
they hurl insults, shaking their heads.
8 “He trusts in the Lord,” they say,
“let the Lord rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
since he delights in him.”

9 Yet you brought me out of the womb;
you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.
10 From birth I was cast on you;
from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

11 Do not be far from me,
for trouble is near
and there is no one to help.

12 Many bulls surround me;
strong bulls of Bashan encircle me.
13 Roaring lions that tear their prey
open their mouths wide against me.
14 I am poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart has turned to wax;
it has melted within me.
15 My mouth[d] is dried up like a potsherd,
and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;
you lay me in the dust of death.

16 Dogs surround me,
a pack of villains encircles me;
they pierce[e] my hands and my feet.
17 All my bones are on display;
people stare and gloat over me.
18 They divide my clothes among them
and cast lots for my garment.

19 But you, Lord, do not be far from me.
You are my strength; come quickly to help me.
20 Deliver me from the sword,
my precious life from the power of the dogs.
21 Rescue me from the mouth of the lions;
save me from the horns of the wild oxen.

22 I will declare your name to my people;
in the assembly I will praise you.
23 You who fear the Lord, praise him!
All you descendants of Jacob, honor him!
Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!
24 For he has not despised or scorned
the suffering of the afflicted one;
he has not hidden his face from him
but has listened to his cry for help.

25 From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly;
before those who fear you[f] I will fulfill my vows.
26 The poor will eat and be satisfied;
those who seek the Lord will praise him—
may your hearts live forever!

27 All the ends of the earth
will remember and turn to the Lord,
and all the families of the nations
will bow down before him,
28 for dominion belongs to the Lord
and he rules over the nations.

29 All the rich of the earth will feast and worship;
all who go down to the dust will kneel before him—
those who cannot keep themselves alive.
30 Posterity will serve him;
future generations will be told about the Lord.
31 They will proclaim his righteousness,
declaring to a people yet unborn:
He has done it!

Nice & Wavy

janiebaby

I'm in Deuteronomy and it's such an intesting parallel to the New Testament. I never enjoyed reading Deuteronomy before but now it's like reading it for the very first time with some small measure of understanding.

LifeafterLHCF

Thank you Lord for being good and being God. I know I will never be perfect but your lovely is so freely given to me so undeserving. I feel great to know you keep me even when nothing has changed in my life. I thank for waking up even though I was late. Your just good. Lord I love you so much!

MrsHaseeb

Hebrews 12:11-13 NLT

No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way. So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees. Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak and lame will not fall but become strong.

LifeafterLHCF

God is so great. I'm still relishing in the convo from Thursday night. It was just awesome to be able to talk and get to know the body that I am in. I'm glad that my sponsor had a change of heart so I can met her on Fridays instead of Tuesdays. I have a gym class on that day that is major for me. I'm trying to become nice looking and I need to be in class every time. I was worried about it actually and had to keep checking myself through out the night because I was very anxious. God is great even when I'm broke, and don't know how I'm going to get gas for the rest of the month.

LifeafterLHCF

When you see no way God sees many. I prayed something hard today while at church like on my face praying. God provided for me and I'm soo thankful. Prayer works even when it doesn't look like it will workout. I shared my testimony on tonight with my home group man that really was hard but therapeutic. See the things that are in the light the devil can't do anything with. God sends his love through others. I just cried in my church mom and dad's arms. I have never been able to do that with my own. Man Jesus is awesome.

LifeafterLHCF

I need to confess I read post and it made me feel so bad and made me start comparing. I will not allow the devil a baby toe hold in my life. What's in the life can't have power. It's wonderful for a fellow black woman doing better and growing. I will be content in what God has provided me and not covet my neighbor.

LoveisYou

Had a very disturbing dream/half dream this past wknd...praying for clarity

Our salvation doesn't depend on our feelings, feelings are fickle, feelings change....Our Heavenly Father never changes.

Last edited:

JaneBond007

Refuse those chains, you are not G-d's "black child," you are simply, His "child," whom He loves tremendously.

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

It was pure joy to be with my church mom and daddy and their daughter,grand kids and son in law. It's was a blessing to see them celebrate 35 years of marriage. Just a beauitful ministry of love. Daddy B said love is a choice. You have to choice daily to love the other person but it's not something you just get to walk out and leave. So beauitful. I will be content in my single life and maybe one day God will allow me to see marriage and babies.

crlsweetie912

I did something to day that I didn't have to do
I could have said HECK NO I'm not doing that
For someone that has treated me HORRIBLY in the past few months....
And still asked me to do it in a way that was deplorable.
The neck roll was about to start and I PAUSED
Smiled and said "I'll take care of it for you"
It reminded me of all the times that I went to God for something and he must have felt the EXACT SAME WAY!
But HE DID IT FOR ME ANYWAY!
I love the Lord!
:reddancer:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Jesus is coming back.... because people don't believe it, doesn't make it untrue. Focusing on Truth, the importance of Life!

Nice Lady

But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one (2 Thessalonians 3:3 NKJV).