2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

MrsHaseeb

Finally catching The Bible. Its not what I was expecting at all. Not sure how I feel about this...

Last edited:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
i believe the word of God, not my feelings. thank you Father for freeing me from the bondage of anxiety.

LifeafterLHCF

Prayer service tonight was amazing. I felt so happy and free.Thank you Jesus for dying on the cross for my sins and allowing such freedom.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Psalms 27

1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.

3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.

4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple.

5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.

7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.

8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.

9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.

10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.

11 Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.

12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.

13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH6Z7-hEIyk

LifeafterLHCF

I felt so very light last night at recovery. It was some hard things to put out but it was good. I love my sisters in Christ soo much. I have felt like I belonged anywhere and now I do. Man I could cry but I have a interview and can't mess up my makeup but I am so refreshed by God's love through them.

LoveisYou

These are excellent verses to meditate on for the pulling down of strongholds! Print them out and go over them every day for a week and see if it doesn't make a big impact on your spiritual growth and freedom! Meditate on God's Word as King David did! These verses are truth, and will help you tear down strongholds (which are based on lies and deception).

Philippians 4:8, "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

Forgiveness of sins

1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness."

Titus 2:14, "Who gave Himself for us to redeem us from EVERY lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds." (NASB)

Psalms 103:12, "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us."

Ephesians 1:7, "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;" (The word 'riches' in the Greek here means abundance and fullness!!)

Romans 8:1, "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus..."

Micah 7:19, "...he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea."

Isaiah 1:18, "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

Joel 2:12-13, "Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning: And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil."

Psalms 103:2-4, "Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;"

Deliverance

Isaiah 61:1-3, "The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified."

Isaiah 52:2, "Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion."

Matthew 8:16-17, "When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses."

Isaiah 42:7, "To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house."

Isaiah 49:9, "That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places."

Mark 1:39, "And he preached in their synagogues throughout all Galilee, and cast out devils."

Acts 10:38, "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him."

Act 8:7, "For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed."

Acts 5:16, "There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one."

rest of list here, http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/bible_verses.php

JaneBond007

This is Auparavant...got a new name. No big deal.

If wheat is bad, why would it have been used so readily in the Middle-east? They say ours is hybridized today. Well, it was hybridized then because the original wasn't able to be consumed by humans. Why would G-d have made a blessing on the bread? Could it be all these nasty corn syrups we add to it? And maybe we have hybridized/gmo changed the older hybridized forms to our detriment where we're not able to consume them healthily. But just to say that wheat is poisonous to the human body....hmmm. Excess, bad sugars and junk food made with wheat, I think that's the problem, truly.

Matthew 4:4
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

Proverbs 25:27
It is not good to eat too much honey, nor is it honorable to seek one's own honor.

It could be that, if we expand the meaning, G-d was pointing to something we need to take heed to. He gives prescription for healthy eating in the bible. We are killing ourselves by over-consumption of bread and sugars. And the trangressions of the healthy admonitions carry spiritual repercussions as well. The scriptures are rich in various levels of meaning for life, both physical and spiritual.

LadyRaider

Love the church and the itty bitty pastor. But today I suddenly got a little creeped out. Has a woman ever led the prayer or even spoke in the church? I need to keep my eye on that.

HeChangedMyName

so I wore my hair out today, just with a headband. I have been wearing it hidden in marley hair or under a knit tam/hat. I was thinking as I was walking in to church that when I was a little girl, I always wanted curly hair like some of my cousins and other little girls in the neighborhood. My mother kept my hair braided and I wasn't allowed to mess with it. I prayed and prayed and prayed that God would give me curly hair because I thought somehow I had a bad head of hair because i wasn't allowed to wear it lose. . .except once and then it was pressed.

My hair is curly. It probably was that way my whole life and I just never knew it. This made me think about how sometimes the prayers that God puts inside us are already there. This was just hair, but there have been so many other things that I have prayed for in the past that I have, and not just physical things, but things involving my character and personality.

Is this what it means when it says God will give us the desires of our heart? Do we already have those things which are true desires of our heart, and those desires are actually seeds planted by God?

Just a thought.

LifeafterLHCF

Today's service made me want to quit my job and go serve out in the missions. But alas common sense kicks in. I can't wait to help the strippers. Jesus said love so I will be going out and helping in a stripper ministry. No condemnation to them just love and hopefully God will pull on their hearts. Love my ladies my sisters in Christ in my home group. I never have received so much love and hope and affection. I don't want to have a guard up at all times that is tiring. Hope all is well with the ladies here.

I notice I'm starting to get bored with things here not in this section but the site in general. That is good to me as that means my desire to be in my real life is coming in more vs being online in a escape mode that no one really cares nor will go past this screen. Thankfully there are some real saints here who pray which is felt so much.

Got my car bumped by a guy at church. I am so happy I didn't swear just screamed lol. Thankfully my baby is ok but glad I got the guy's info. Praise God for his love and grace.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Revelation 22:17

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

LifeafterLHCF

It's awesome how God's word hits you. We were all adopted which means God sought us out. That means we didn't find him and he is more invested in our relationship vs us. He can't get rid of us no matter how jacked up we become. As sons of the most high God we are justified in him. Like parents who adopt kids and spend lots of money to get this child God paid a price that is uncomparable. He sent his only Son to die for our sins, the biggest price that was paid ever. I'm renewed in knowing that my family here may not be there always nor will those in the body of Christ always like me but God loves me and that is all that matters.

Iwanthealthyhair67

He just makes me feel wanted, despite how I got here...

GoddessMaker;18046151[B said:
][/B]It's awesome how God's word hits you. We were all adopted which means God sought us out. That means we didn't find him and he is more invested in our relationship vs us. He can't get rid of us no matter how jacked up we become. As sons of the most high God we are justified in him. Like parents who adopt kids and spend lots of money to get this child God paid a price that is uncomparable. He sent his only Son to die for our sins, the biggest price that was paid ever. I'm renewed in knowing that my family here may not be there always nor will those in the body of Christ always like me but God loves me and that is all that matters.

Iwanthealthyhair67

the other day at lunch we were talking about the bout of flu that's going around, one of my lunch partners a male said; 'thank God I didn't catch it' while simlutaneously knocking on on the table top. This is a Sunday school teacher...so I said thanking God is enough no need to knock on wood..Thinking Jesus trumps all.

LifeafterLHCF

Im a bit sad right now. I was told yesterday about a former coworker passing away. She was older but she passed away from cervical cancer. I know for me when I move jobs I'm out but that still stops me in my tracks. RIP Ms.Betty Pea.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
how does one meditate on the word? do you recite God's promises over and over? do you recite a certain Bible verse?

LifeafterLHCF

Meditation of the Word to me means thinking on it mulling over it over and over again. Like worrying but positive. Like just keep thinking about the goodness and mercy and gract of the Abba Father.

LoveisYou

Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.
—1 Chronicles 4:10

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
March 11

II Corinthians 4:16
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day.
To lose heart means to be utterly spiritless. Paul wanted to encourage the believers in Corinth through his Apostolic example. He wanted them to know that real spiritual leadership takes the heat of the warfare so the body's wounds are minimal. Didn't Jesus set that same example for us? We are not to be dismayed by the deterioration of the flesh: the outward man. The Spirit of God that raised Jesus from the dead already has plans to replace this perishing tent with a body that is not subject to the ruin of sin. Don't be alarmed by the weakening of your bones, the dimming of your eyes, the curving of your spine, or even the dulness of your wit. Be encouraged that even though the temporary things are weakening, the eternal things are strengthening! Your inner man will continue to mature, and will one day have to find a new home suited for your unlimited spiritual growth. We can be a spirited representative of God with every day He gives us. As long as you can speak, write, or breathe, do all of it to the glory of God and to the encouragement of His people.

Elder S R Henderson, Associate Pastor
The Rock Baptist Church

Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God

stephluv

Now to go pray and study the Word as I can't fight this battle in the flesh.

GoddessMaker- Good for you because one of the first steps for me was recognizing when your being tempted and making a conscious decision to avoid/prevent it so you ARE fighting the battle with the flesh...wont be easy but nothing Good for you is lol

stephluv

so i did my usual mid-day prayer in the bathroom stall :look: (I was praying hard too...claiming everything lol) and came out pumped even did a lil dance :blush: Right after that I washed my hands and checked my cell phone and my friend had texted me that during mid-day prayer she got accepted into grad school :yep: i'm like yay God is great!! and then i was hit with the emotion of sadness and felt discouraged :ohwell: like i must not be praising him right...seems like all my friends those in the church or not in the church are getting blessings

Everybody moving forward in life but me :nono: then I realized I was letting the Devil get in my head and I had to go into another stall and talk to God And I just prayed on these feelings and apologized to God and remind myself that my faith has not wavered:yep: soooo basically I just had a good cry in the work bathroom...went right in the stall and boohoo'd even blew my nose just like they do in the movies all loud and unladylike lol I'm laughing now and smiling because i've been praying, attending more services, reading the Bible almost every day and getting stronger in my faith yet no blessing...and this would discourage alot of "new" Christians but i refuse to let that be me...it also helped that when i came out I looked in the mirror and had a glow to me...something about a good cry will bring some color back into you :grin:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
^^^I'm glad you caught that the devil was trying to get in your head, don't even let him get a toe in the door. Proud of you sis.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
What they mean for evil, God means for good. I'm reminding myself of this today. The enemy is trying but failing. My God is an AWESOME God and he reigns!!!