2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

auparavant

No matter what the dogs have thrown on my doorstep, I have to OVERstep it and keep going. I don't do poo-poo. They will come and growl, or send nice words of enticement..but I'm not buying it. A ravenous dog is still a dog. I will not allow them to ruin my peace.

Pooks

My FB status from last night:

'We crack the outer shell to release the nut inside, dunk the teabag into boiling water to release it's unique flavour, put the iron into fire as it is forged and beaten into it's final form... Reaching our purpose or a higher level oftentimes means enduring highly unpleasant experiences, but it's part of the journey, the path He has laid for us. 'The race is not for the swift...' remember? The transformative results cannot be achieved without the pressure.'

Was 100% for myself! I guess this is [part of] what it's gonna take to take me from a teen to a mature Christian. Tough. Real tough.

loolalooh Thanks for the verse from 1 Peter 4!

Pooks

Random:

Tired... Couldn't remember why but now I do.. today is the first time I did some exercise in a looooong while. Thanking whoever invented/developed Pandora radio and the Audio Bible functions on Bible websites! Night night sisters.

stephluv

started reading "Preparing to be a Help Meet" by Debi Pearl So far i like it...praying it better prepares me on my journey as a single woman

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
All I can say is Thank you Father. Abba, thank you for loving me, for protecting me, for giving me your grace and mercy day after day. Father I know that you see the obsticles I'm facing and I know that you have planned my victory. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Amen and Amen.

LifeafterLHCF

Today must have something in store because I'm in a terrible funk right now. I don't want folks talking to me at all and I don't want to be bothered with idiot folks who play games. I really wish I had more pto or sick leave so I could take a day today I'm tired spirtually. I know people don't understand and they think your a b word bc your not uber friendly all the time but today I'm heavy spirtually because of some matters. Yes I will stand on the word but doesn't take away the pain and mourning I am going through.

Praying for those today who have lost someone or something.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
GoddessMaker, sorry to hear you're in a funk. I usually stare at myself in the mirror smiling and making goofy faces to break outta a funk. I know it sounds silly but it works. If you can get away for a break just go somewhere and sit and close your eyes and focus on your breathing. You have a strong spirit, you will come out of this. Sending cyberhugs your way.

sidney

Ok so who wanting to be accountability partners? It would be great way to really step our games up in God. We can always grow,we can always improve. We have young and seasoned in this camp let's make God so glorified. We can't move until we have thrown away garbage. Don't let the past haunt you anymore ladies who is in?

Just an idea but maybe you can start a "challenge" and see if you get any responses and then pair people up. You can add me to your challenge.

sidney

@GoddessMaker, @LoveisYou, @sidney, @luving me

Christian sisterhood is a very needed part of your journey with Christ. I am excited to see how each of you yearn to be in relationship with women of the faith. An online/offline group accountability is a good way to start growing more comfortable being transparent and open to sharing your life with another. This is a great way to connect and pray together and learn how to do this with members of your own church.

My church is very big on this because as a church body grows larger it is harder to account for all the needs of the members esp on such a personal level. We have small groups called Life Groups where we meet to discuss the sermon from the week and the passage of scripture it was preached from but to make it more personal, applicable to our own live and it is all very encouraging. Most of the Life Groups are like small family units that pray for each other, help each other, and encourage each other. Out of these Life Groups we have smaller DNA groups (Discipleship, Nurturing(I think), Accountability) where 2-3 same sex people gather via phone or in person at least once a week where you share your more intimate details of your life so others can pray for you and hold you accountable. I have a few DNA partners (one is my roommate) that I meet with to just discuss life, struggles, praises, etc and pray with. Without these people in addition to my time with the Lord I don't know if I would be this far along in my walk.

I urge you to seek this in your own churches as well because you never know who is in need of the same thing. Discipleship comes in many forms and there is no set rule, just be open to the Holy Spirits leading. Pray the the Lord would bring women into your life that you can learn from, that you can trust, and can always point you back to Christ. And that your are willing to be the same with them.

I will join an online accountability group as it is always good to those outside of your normal circle to speak into your life.

Vonnie I agree with this post 100%, especially about the small groups...you cannot grow spiritually without being connected to other believers...or if you do, the growth does not happen as fast. Church on Sunday is not enough. You have to be connected to the body and serving. Thank you, I appreciate all the advice and wisdom you have shared here!! GoddessMaker, I think this Vonnie has great tips here if you want to model this online or in your home church. As I stated before, I am game for the online group.

sidney

When low in spirit I will encourage others.

Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
(Hebrews 13:1-2 ESV).

We must not be ugly to those around us. Some times we are looking for this great opportunity to be nice but yet we have people right there in front of us. The cashier at the supermarket,the barista at your local Starbucks or watering hole,that not so nice co-worker. We all have folks who we could be uplifting and blessing.

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor;
he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor,
and the day of vengeance of our God;
to comfort all who mourn;
to grant to those who mourn in Zion—
to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit;
that they may be called oaks of righteousness,
the planting of the LORD, that he may be glorified.
They shall build up the ancient ruins;
they shall raise up the former devastations;
they shall repair the ruined cities,
the devastations of many generations.
(Isaiah 61:1-4 ESV)

God will give you beauty for your ashes--The grayish-white to black powdery residue left when something is burned;ruins. So God will give you beauty for your ruins or what is left after you have gone through the fire. Blessed be the Lord for loving so kindly that he will remove the baggage of our former self and give us freshness.

We carry so many things on us many say they don't but it's there. We must work on giving up our former baggage so we can move forward. I know many times we are carrying things that will inhibit us from being able to be great and useable.

Don't ever settle for being mediocre. That is a constant worry of mine I know worring never good, but it's something I'm constantly thinking on. I never want to be mediocre because it damages the rep of God. We are God representatives so we must do all things with a superior level of excellence.

Hope anyone who is down in spirit today will hit your knees in prayer and count it all joy as God will comfort those who mourn.

Yyyyyyeeeeessssssssssssssss! Beauty for Ashes! Thank you for your continual witness and ministry to the women here! It doesn't matter so much that people see, but most importantly God see's it and it's refreshing! Thank you GoddessMaker!!! What a beautiful promise you have shared with us! He promises the oil of gladness in exchange for your mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit, and beauty...for your ashes!! Stay in the holy spirit ladies! Give him praises! We wait for it, though it tarry!

Last edited:

sidney

Today must have something in store because I'm in a terrible funk right now. I don't want folks talking to me at all and I don't want to be bothered with idiot folks who play games. I really wish I had more pto or sick leave so I could take a day today I'm tired spirtually. I know people don't understand and they think your a b word bc your not uber friendly all the time but today I'm heavy spirtually because of some matters. Yes I will stand on the word but doesn't take away the pain and mourning I am going through.

Praying for those today who have lost someone or something.

In His presence there is fullness of Joy. Joy may not fix your problems but it can fix how you view them. Keep standing! And give him praises! Worship when you feel good but especially when you feel like we are "in a funk." It's amazing how quick you come out of it...and if the sadness comes back...worship some more! I pray you feel better!!!

LifeafterLHCF

Even while in a funk I still do whatever I'm called to do. So a lady comes into our office who has been sleeping under a tree. She is homeless and hasn't had food and looked real troubled. When I think God of your goodness on me I am overwhelmed. At times I get side tracked by the debt I have due to my job loss but God you have kept me. I helped the lady for 2 hours finding a shelter the trip is the pious area I work in doesn't have public transporat nor shelters. Lucky the lady who brought her was able to take her to the shelter.

Lord I pray right now for that lady. God give her peace and comfort. I pray the job she is going to in Houston pans if not God you will provide for her. She looked lost God help her find you. In Jesus name Amen.

I know at times I'm not the friendliest person and will keep myself guarded but GOd thank you for showing me things and giving me sense to use Google in ways like never before.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
^^^I've been told that being a blessing will always bring you out of a funk. It's good to know that even though you didn't feel your best you still took the time to help another.

LifeafterLHCF

Its what has to happen. I was told today I'm a mean standoffish person. It hurts to hear bc I know I'm doing all I can to fix me and be more pleasant to the masses. The girl who told me says she use to be a very mean person and so she felt she could tell me that. Folks don't know how hard I'm trying to push myself to smile more and be more open. Maybe I'm just so oblivious I don't get it or see it. Continued prayer and journaling. One day I will be on point.

sidney

Dont let the enemy steal your joy! He tries to steal the joy so he can steal your praise. See victory is in your praise! Deliverance is in your praise. Everything seems like its going wrong but you have peace. It surpasses understanding. Have faith until its over...keep believing until you get a yes. Because without faith it is impossible to please God! And if you get a No, then trust that he is making another way. Trust his plan when it doesnt make sense! But dont let the enemy steal your joy, your praise, or your faith! Trouble doesn't last always...scripture says after you have endured a little while...see your problems have an expiration date! Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but God delivers them out of them all! But God is at your right hand, you shall not be moved. dBuild yourself up in your most holy faith...praying in the Spirit. God is not done giving us testimonies...but will he find faith. Will he find perserverance! He does not many works because of unbelief. Do you believe him?

sidney

Magnify the Lord! See when you praise the Lord He gets bigger, and your problems get smaller! Magnify Him, let us exalt his name together! Lord, show off like I know you love to do. For you are a great and mighty God! Show favor to your children! You give good thems to them. Help everyone in need. Amen.

LifeafterLHCF

God thank you for the blessing of being able to my conditioner for the cheap. I had counted that place out but you directed me. It's a small wonder but it's a blessing to me. I was thinking as I drove which is a bad thing for me to be doing lol but the chick at my job I have to be very selective of what I accept and take in. There are alot of people who will never get me. I have to remember what a mentor told me that you don't have to be a sappy person bc others want you to be. I will be me. Granted I can work on faking the morning pleasantries but I'm not a mean person I'm not ugly. Praise God that our checks got here quicker than expected and was able to pay all bills on time or early. Thank you God for provision.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Last night was rough...had a lil panic attack, but thank you Father for comforting me and blessing me with restful sleep. I am well rested and full of joy this morning and I will rejoice and be glad in this day.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Five people can read one Scripture and receive five messages, each unique to their souls... yet each message is in tune with God's Heart.. I'll never pretend to know the mysteries of God but it sure is wonderful to receive a timely message from someone who doesn't or hardly knows you -- and know it's God! That's a head turner right there, sometimes you gotta ask.. "Wait ... how'd you know?? ... " :blush:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
The Peace of God through the Holy Spirit and peace of mind as the world knows it, aren't the same... While with the presence of the former, the latter would be evident -- it won't work vice-versa.

I must depend on Elohim..

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Psalm 61:2

LifeafterLHCF

Blessed are those who mourn because they will receieve comfort.
Blessed are those low in spirit as they will be brought up in God.

Do you really know how blessed you are. We are given a new day a new chance. 26 years of chances. I needed one because I have fallen short of glory. Prayer can really help you put things in perspective. Not being friendly isn't pleasing to God therefore I must change because the goal is to please him. I can't walk in his greatness until all things have been torn loose from me. I don't need no cosigners on that one.

When we feel we want to quit we can't. God is right with us. Psalms 23 tells us this. God's word tells us who we are,what we need to do and how to go. We can draw comfort from this. Allow others to pour into your properly so you can pour into others as well. Lord thank you for mercy and sisters here who are going through. My continued prayer is that you will keep them in perfect peace.

Lissa0821

I really haven't been consistent with my prayer time and bible reading since starting this new job, due to the radical schedule change. I would talk to God during the day but meditating, reflecting and really seeking His way (not so much :look:), in spite of the fact that I know better. Well today, I had an offsite meeting which I was traveling with my supervisor so I decided to bring my pocket book size bible to read on my train ride to work instead my romance novel. I read some of the Book of Acts and I feel recharged and renew. There is so much power in the Word of God. I will turn my train ride to and from work into my time to read my bible.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I really haven't been consistent with my prayer time and bible reading since starting this new job, due to the radical schedule change. I would talk to God during the day but meditating, reflecting and really seeking His way (not so much :look:), in spite of the fact that I know better. Well today, I had an offsite meeting which I was traveling with my supervisor so I decided to bring my pocket book size bible to read on my train ride to work instead my romance novel. I read some of the Book of Acts and I feel recharged and renew. There is so much power in the Word of God. I will turn my train ride to and from work into my time to read my bible.

:wave: Hi Lissa0821. I've been thinking about you and asking the Lord to continue blessing you. And today, I see your post. :yep:

As for your train commutes: :up:

Time well spent...:yep:

I used to 'waste' my time on the train fuming because it was late or someone sat next to me ... :look: But now it's 'peace' time all due to the Word and the music of worship that I have on my MP3.

Thanks for sharing this, it blesses me to know somone shares my 'train' :yep:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Its what has to happen. I was told today I'm a mean standoffish person. It hurts to hear bc I know I'm doing all I can to fix me and be more pleasant to the masses. The girl who told me says she use to be a very mean person and so she felt she could tell me that. Folks don't know how hard I'm trying to push myself to smile more and be more open. Maybe I'm just so oblivious I don't get it or see it. Continued prayer and journaling. One day I will be on point.

You are indeed 'On Point'. You are honest and you speak what's in your heart, even more you give from your heart.

As for the girl who said she USED to be mean.... ??? Well her used to became 'current' and returned the moment she opened her mouth and called you mean. You are not mean. Not by any stretch of the word or it's definition. "Mean does not apply to you'. Loving does... :yep:

Iwanthealthyhair67

yes, God made us with feelings but we base way too much on our feelings, "feelings" lie and they change and are very fickle ...

I don't feel like going to church
I don't feel like being bothered today
I don't feel like this or that

Who's in charge today you or your feelings...

Last edited: