2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

LifeafterLHCF

I'm finding my walk is being a bit of a change. I'm doubting my self as christian. I know we have purpose and such. I really wish it could be clear if I am just this horrid misfit in life or if one day will I really be able to be one who is so strong about things. I still stumble and fall and then stumble again. My intentions are on point but I don't always do. I am also seeing things a bit differently as well. No flack to anyone but I'm seeing it's not all doom and gloom as some would preach. Life doesn't have to be all your horrid,your not worthy all the time. If your connected enough you know God has given your grace something you can't earn. Ok I'm done for a while.

Iwanthealthyhair67

@GoddessMaker

Can I ask you something ...of course I'm asking with out waiting for your response ...

is it so very important for you to know exactly what your purpose is or what you are called to do??

we are talking spiritually right???

Iwanthealthyhair67

I was on the christian site earlier just browsing on the various artciles they had and there one was on bitterness ('one' so I thought), I clicked (forgiveness and bitterness have been on my mind lately) and a whole table of contents on the one subject popped up ...Lord have mercy talk about roots ...

LifeafterLHCF

cause you talk about it so much, and it seems that you need to know in order to enjoy your walk with God....

Suppose his purpose for you is not what you feel is of any esteem?

I would feel very conflicted and probable wouldn't live a very happy life. I focus on purpose because I would hate to not do what I was created to be here for. I hope that it comes out as living a life unfilled is not great. Even if it's not of the esteemed at least knowing one can than move and grow in the right direction.

Iwanthealthyhair67

His ways are not grevious, if you don't live a happy life, know that it would be your choice and not what God wants for you...our purpose mainly and simply is to worship God, you have to decide whether that is enough for you..

You play a valuable role in his kingdom, don't get side tracked with all these 'purpose' driven people, wait on him to reveal what it is that he has for you to do.

I would feel very conflicted and probable wouldn't live a very happy life. I focus on purpose because I would hate to not do what I was created to be here for. I hope that it comes out as living a life unfilled is not great. Even if it's not of the esteemed at least knowing one can than move and grow in the right direction.

auparavant

ETA: forgot the link

Works of Mercy

Be Merciful as Your Father is Merciful
We are not only to receive the mercy of God, but to use it by being merciful to others through our actions, our words, and our prayers; in other words, we are to practice the Corporal and Spiritual Works (Acts) of Mercy.

The Lord wants us to do these works of mercy, because even the strongest faith is of no use without works.

What are the Works of Mercy?
Corporal Works
Feed the hungry
Give drink to the thirsty
Clothe the naked
Shelter the homeless
Comfort the prisoners
Visit the sick
Bury the dead
Spiritual Works
Teach the ignorant
Pray for the living & dead
Correct sinners
Counsel those in doubt
Console the sorrowful
Bear wrongs patiently
Forgive wrongs willingly
Jesus' Call to Mercy
"I demand from you deeds of mercy, which are to arise out of love for Me. You are to show mercy to your neighbors always and everywhere. You must not shrink from this or try to excuse or absolve yourself from it.

I am giving you three ways of exercising mercy toward your neighbor:
the first — by deed, the second — by word, the third — by prayer. In these three degrees is contained the fullness of mercy, and it is an unquestionable proof of love for Me. By this means a soul glorifies and pays reverence to My mercy.

Many souls ... are often worried because they do not have the material means with which to carry out an act of mercy. Yet spiritual mercy, which requires neither permissions nor storehouses, is much more meritorious and is within the grasp of every soul.

If a soul does not exercise mercy somehow or other, it will not obtain My mercy on the day of judgment. Oh, if only souls knew how to gather eternal treasure for themselves, they would not be judged, for they would forestall My judgment with their mercy" (1317).

Last edited:

MrsIQ

Rededicating myself to the Word starting today. I have more excuses than a man in jail when it comes to the time I spend in the Word. If I can find time to be on LHCF, I can find time for the Word.

Renewed1

My pastor snapped at church. He let everyone know that praise and worship singing is not for "MAN" but for "GOD" and back it up with scriptures. It doesn't matter if YOU don't like the song, it's to set the atmosphere, it's to praise GOD!!

On another note, No matter how many times in my life I read the book of Genesis; especially the first TWO chapters. I always learn something new. My mind is like whoa!

sweetvi

Within this past week alone, everytime I had a question or concern regarding you God, you have always answered. Either through people, online, scriptures, sermons or music.

John 16:24
Until now, you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you shall receive, and your joy will be full.

DreamLife

God has the power to heal. Trusting God everyday and doing my part. Realizing that my body is a temple and I have to seriously start taking care of it.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Amen! We need to constantly be reminded that it is NOT about us...

My pastor snapped at church. He let everyone know that praise and worship singing is not for "MAN" but for "GOD" and back it up with scriptures. It doesn't matter if YOU don't like the song, it's to set the atmosphere, it's to praise GOD!!

On another note, No matter how many times in my life I read the book of Genesis; especially the first TWO chapters. I always learn something new. My mind is like whoa!

Last edited:

LoveisYou

It is a great honor to suffer for the sake of Jesus' name, and yet the suffering is real and the suffering is painful. If anyone had cause to lose heart it was Paul. What gave him the strength to hold on and never give up his confidence in God? What enabled him to fight the good fight of faith? What empowered him and gave him strength?
-Remember how you were saved - remember how glorious the gift of salvation is, not because of our works but because of His own purpose and grace. Christ poured out His grace on us. The saving work of Jesus is bigger than all our problems. Romans 8:18. Fill your mind with His truth. You need more gospel in your life. We are His children, we are loved my Him. He loves us with an everlasting love. We are not justified by what people think of us. We are not alone. We will never be abandoned, because Jesus was abandoned in our place. He is coming back for us.
-Remember whom you believed - our hope is a person, the gospel is good news about Jesus. Our confidence should come from Jesus. If we are going to run the race of faith with perseverance, we need to fix our eyes on Jesus. Study Jesus, look at Jesus. Make more room in your life for Jesus. Press into his word, take a walk and pray to Him. We worship the Son of God, He's for us not against us. Don't doubt Him. There's no excuse for doubting His faithfulness. No matter who fails to meet your expectations, don't allow the failure of another human being allow you to take your eyes off Jesus.

Last edited:

SweetSimplicity

So true! When I read this I thought of this song.
Heart of Worship- Matt Redman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH-snsXw1as

LaFemmeNaturelle

As a continuation of yesterday's bible study, I decided to read 1 Samuel 2 today. "His sons, however, did not listen to their father’s rebuke, for it was the LORD’s will to put them to death."-----that just chilled me!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
The flesh is insatiable and, if not put in check by the Holy Spirit, is always eager to see examples of failure and despair.

PinkPebbles

Jentzen Franklin preached a powerful sermon!

Points to remember:

1) It's better to respond to the mercy of God rather than the judgment of God.
- If God is warning you or convicting your spirit about something take heed. He is giving you mercy to repent and get it right.

2) Deal with whatever giant (sin) you have in your life now. Don't allow your giant to multiply.

Pooks

No lyric can express the contents of my heart, the tears in my eyes carry the melancholy melody - if it can be called that - a song chockfull of minors and notes that missed their niche. Father... hear my song, take pity on me, I need You

10 mins later.....

Soul, you listen to this!

The night will come to an end. And joy cometh in the morning! He turns mourning into dancing, gives beauty for ashes, and His strength is made perfect in my weakness.

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

I'm mentally exhausted...dealing with unsaved family members I am out numbered (they are like minded) but yet I press...

2 Cor. 4:9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;

I'm not looking YET, but it seems SO hard to find a good man in today's society. I've prayed to God about the day when I get more serious to 'hook it up' with good man :blush::lol:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Morning refresher...

Psalms 37

1 Do not fret because of those who are evil
or be envious of those who do wrong;
2 for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away.

3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun.
7 Be still before the LORD
and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.

8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret—it leads only to evil.
9 For those who are evil will be destroyed,
but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.

10 A little while, and the wicked will be no more;
though you look for them, they will not be found.
11 But the meek will inherit the land
and enjoy peace and prosperity.

12 The wicked plot against the righteous
and gnash their teeth at them;
13 but the Lord laughs at the wicked,
for he knows their day is coming
14 The wicked draw the sword
and bend the bow
to bring down the poor and needy,
to slay those whose ways are upright.
15 But their swords will pierce their own hearts,
and their bows will be broken.

16 Better the little that the righteous have
than the wealth of many wicked;
17 for the power of the wicked will be broken,
but the LORD upholds the righteous.

18 The blameless spend their days under the LORD’s care,
and their inheritance will endure forever.
19 In times of disaster they will not wither;
in days of famine they will enjoy plenty.

sidney

Just in case someone may be interested in this scripture.

Song of songs 8:4; 6-7

4Do not arouse or awaken love
until it so desires.

for love is as strong as death,
its jealousy[a] unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
like a mighty flame.
7 Many waters cannot quench love;
rivers cannot sweep it away.

When to awaken it, when he says "I do"...until then...brother in Christ! No where in the bible does it say women love your man or submit to your man, it says husband!

Proverbs 4:23
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

smwrigh3

I am in the middle of a spiritual warfare. I am having a hard time hearing the voice of God. And every other voice is so LOUD! I have read loolalooh post on hearing the voice of God. I will use it is as my defense against doubt and anxiety! I am a "new" Christian so I know the devil will use my novice against me but I will arm myself in the word.