2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
@MA2010 .. Happy New Year to you and DH! Your babies are ah-dorable! How quickly the time has passed !

Softerlove

2 Corinthians 5:7 New King James Version (NKJV)

7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Amen.

From MyTouch 4G...On which animated Gifs may not be seen:(

Lissa0821

God is so good, this morning I was praying about several things and it really stuck my heart to ask God for wisdom. I asked that God illuminate my spirit not only to believe I will receive what I have asked for but I will operate in wisdom to do my part. So I go to the post office and noticed one of my tires was going flat so I decided to drive to QuickTrip to fill it for free. As I am slowly driving along, the thought comes to go to the BP, it is closer and even if I have to pay to get the tire filled it would better than going several miles further out. So I pull up to the machine to fill the tire and it goes completely flat. It turns out this particular BP has a service area and the guy ends up having to plug my tire. I drove off thinking, God thank you so much for answering my prayer of wisdom.

LovelyRo

It's Day 1 of my 21 day fast! I'm focusing on repentance today. Thank God for his forgiveness. I'm looking forward to removing everything that I've allowed to get in the way of my relationship with God.

Iwanthealthyhair67

...is it that we 'love' our sins more than God, is this why they have such a stronghold on us ....is this why we don't let go because of the stronghold or because we love the thing (that separates us from HIM) so ....

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
God is so good, this morning I was praying about several things and it really stuck my heart to ask God for wisdom. I asked that God illuminate my spirit not only to believe I will receive what I have asked for but I will operate in wisdom to do my part. So I go to the post office and noticed one of my tires was going flat so I decided to drive to QuickTrip to fill it for free. As I am slowly driving along, the thought comes to go to the BP, it is closer and even if I have to pay to get the tire filled it would better than going several miles further out. So I pull up to the machine to fill the tire and it goes completely flat. It turns out this particular BP has a service area and the guy ends up having to plug my tire. I drove off thinking, God thank you so much for answering my prayer of wisdom.

Lissa0821 ...

Your testimonies are so inspiring. I've been reading your posts and each one is a testimony unto the Lord. Please keep them coming. Please post often. We need more and more posts such as yours adding to our family of precious women of God in our Christian forum.

You are such a powerful testimony to whom God is and how He provides and you are also a beautiful witness of what it is like having a one on one relationship with God our Father in Heaven.

We cannot do this alone. Iron shapens Iron. You are sharpening the blades of our faith with your powerful witness. :yep:

I can only wish you the loving blessings of God to continue to flow freely and fully in your life and heart. That love prevails and runs after you in every way that you have desired.

In Jesus' name... Amen.

:blowkiss:

Shimmie

Staff member
DH and I have made an effort to have Bible study together, just us, after we put the girls to bed. It's only been two days and I feel like I am falling in love all over gain with this man of God!

THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!

MA2010

:amen: Love and blessings to you and hubbie as you share more and more "Honeymoons" with Jesus. :love3:

Your babies are so beautful. :love2:

Shimmie

Staff member
Laela Rose :Rose:

"Mommie can you post us another story?" Please..... :love5:

I love your week long posts which I look forward to each day. :yep:

More Mary Whelchel please... :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
...is it that we 'love' our sins more than God, is this why they have such a stronghold on us ....is this why we don't let go because of the stronghold or because we love the thing (that separates us from HIM) so ....

Wonderful posts Iwanthealthyhair67 ...

Beyond 'Food for Thought', it's our Daily Bread of Spiritual Wisdom...

Keep sharing more. It's needed to strenthened the 'Body' (of Christ) to build our Kingdom here on earth, against ALL principalities who seek to rule.

Love you much and more... :love3:

MA2010

@MA2010

:amen: Love and blessings to you and hubbie as you share more and more "Honeymoons" with Jesus. :love3:

Your babies are so beautful. :love2:

Thank you so much sweet Shimmie. I miss you lady! I pray that you are doing well. Everytime I see a post by you, I smile. :)

I pray to God that hubby and I continue this. We are growing closer which will help us to raise our girls. I want a Christ filled home for them and for myself. Thanks again!

Miss_Luna

Not too sure where to put this, but I hope/think this is the right place...

I'm completing a Daniel fast right now and I've been praying a lot, listening to the Bible online, and asking for guidance on a few things in my life.

The other day as I was driving home I was listening to NPR and they had a discussion on how the winter time is a time for your roots to deepen. Like plants, during this time we may not have much outward growth, but our roots deepen as we spend more time inward working on ourselves.

One of the speakers, the chaplain at UPENN quoted a saying from a saint that was something like "Do what most kindles love in your heart". He said that, just as the Bible states, love endures all. I LOVE science, more than anything, and I love helping others. I have a job in the science field that allows me to help people, though not directly, but one of the things I've been praying about is whether or not my current position at work is where I need to be. I'm not currently happy at this position. It's a great job in a managerial position at a Fortune 100 company, but I lack a sense of "aliveness" here. I am EXTREMELY grateful to have a job in a field that I went to school for and it is something that I'm interested in, but I just feel like I'm missing something, I'm not sure what it is though.

So a few months ago I applied internally for a position that spoke to my heart. I don't want to leave this company because I'm enrolled in tuition reimbursement, so I've just been looking for jobs within the company. Today I received an e-mail from the hiring manager stating that I did not get the job, but I should continue to apply for positions in their group when they are posted and if I would like he would discuss what other experience I may need for a position in his group or similar positions.:grin:

I made a promise to myself this year that I will walk by faith. I feel like I have the pieces of the puzzle, but I just don't see the picture yet so I can put the pieces in the right order. Usually I would rattle my brain searching for the picture, but I decided this year that I'm just letting it go and allowing God's will to work in my life. No more stressing, I'm just letting God put the pieces together. I will do whatever He needs me to do so that I am on the right path, but if I am living by faith I need to let Him do his job because I know He will not lead me astray.

I feel so much freer now, I am just so grateful for all He has done for me. And I'm so excited for the future. For the first time in my life, I am okay with uncertainty and it feel so good. :yep:

LifeafterLHCF

Lord I'm tired of being angry and bitter.I'm tired of feeling ugly inside bc I don't smile.Its like it takes too much energy to smile while some believe it takes more energy to frown.I have no tears to cry but I feel overwhelmingly flooded inside.I don't want to be miserable for my life.Didn't I have a jacked up enough child hood must my adult hood be the same? I try to stay optimistic with my constant day dream of getting a good career job,being able to help my 2 little sisters who were very happy with their items I got them today.Im so perplexed..I can't even pray right now Im just frazzled.

LoveisYou

When people remind you of who you WERE, rejoice and praise God for where He brought you from and for who you have become/ are becoming.

Shimmie

Staff member
When people remind you of who you WERE, rejoice and praise God for where He brought you from and for who you have become/ are becoming.

When people try to find fault in me mentioning something in my past, I ask them how long do they intend to wear that same outfit? It's not only outdated, but it beyond repair. It's time to buy a new wardrobe and to keep it clean and to keep it moving. :happydance:

Shimmie

Staff member
Thank you so much sweet Shimmie. I miss you lady! I pray that you are doing well. Everytime I see a post by you, I smile. :)

I pray to God that hubby and I continue this. We are growing closer which will help us to raise our girls. I want a Christ filled home for them and for myself. Thanks again!

:kiss:

I'm behaving myself... :look:

Nice Lady

Sometimes, we have prayed for certain things, but are we making the accomodations for the mainfestation of our prayers? Are we changing our thinking? Are we still trying to take the old things with us into a different season?

Just been thinking about this since this morning around 7 a.m. ...

Last edited:

Laela

I so looove reading her columns... have a healthy archive. This week, she is talking about Proverbs being the best book for business management. I just may post it.. hugz to ya Shims!

:lol:
Laela Rose :Rose:

"Mommie can you post us another story?" Please..... :love5:

I love your week long posts which I look forward to each day. :yep:

More Mary Whelchel please... :yep:

Laela

Wasnt sure where to post this story, so I'll share it here...got this by email:

An American businessman was standing at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellowfin tuna. The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish.

"How long it took you to catch them?" The American asked.

"Only a little while." The Mexican replied.

"Why don't you stay out longer and catch more fish?" The American then asked.

"I have enough to support my family's immediate needs." The Mexican said.

"But," The American then asked, "What do you do with the rest of your time?"

The Mexican fisherman said, "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take a siesta with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos, I have a full and busy life, senor."

The American scoffed, "I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds you buy a bigger boat, and with the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats."

"Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the consumers, eventually opening your own can factory. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then LA and eventually NYC where you will run your expanding enterprise."

The Mexican fisherman asked, "But senor, how long will this all take?"

To which the American replied, "15-20 years."

"But what then, senor?"

The American laughed and said, "That's the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO (Initial Public Offering) and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions."

"Millions, senor? Then what?"

The American said slowly, "Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take a siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos..." :look:

Shimmie

Staff member
Wasnt sure where to post this story, so I'll share it here...got this by email:

An American businessman was standing at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellowfin tuna. The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish.

"How long it took you to catch them?" The American asked.

"Only a little while." The Mexican replied.

"Why don't you stay out longer and catch more fish?" The American then asked.

"I have enough to support my family's immediate needs." The Mexican said.

"But," The American then asked, "What do you do with the rest of your time?"

The Mexican fisherman said, "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take a siesta with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos, I have a full and busy life, senor."

The American scoffed, "I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds you buy a bigger boat, and with the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats."

"Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the consumers, eventually opening your own can factory. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then LA and eventually NYC where you will run your expanding enterprise."

The Mexican fisherman asked, "But senor, how long will this all take?"

To which the American replied, "15-20 years."

"But what then, senor?"

The American laughed and said, "That's the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO (Initial Public Offering) and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions."

"Millions, senor? Then what?"

The American said slowly, "Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take a siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos..." :look:

:lol: Okay, I'm getting a 'principal' here. Somehow, I see the Mexican's view of ease and stress free living.

On the other hand... I see the American's prinicipal of having a bank roll in addtion to these things ...

Ai Yi Yi.. Yi Yi.... :lol:

Lissa0821

@Lissa0821 ...

Your testimonies are so inspiring. I've been reading your posts and each one is a testimony unto the Lord. Please keep them coming. Please post often. We need more and more posts such as yours adding to our family of precious women of God in our Christian forum.

You are such a powerful testimony to whom God is and how He provides and you are also a beautiful witness of what it is like having a one on one relationship with God our Father in Heaven.

We cannot do this alone. Iron shapens Iron. You are sharpening the blades of our faith with your powerful witness. :yep:

I can only wish you the loving blessings of God to continue to flow freely and fully in your life and heart. That love prevails and runs after you in every way that you have desired.

In Jesus' name... Amen.

:blowkiss:

Shimmie Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. I will definitely make more of an effort to share from my walk with God.

LifeafterLHCF

Lord I wonder if this whole youth thing is of you.I don't know.I just called the church I said I was going to do it at and they haven't pubbed at all.I mean it's not science you pub it to your youth since your the youth pastor.If I don't get any good excitement for it I won't waste my time.I already know I don't have the money for things such as food but I won't worry about it.Maybe its was my thought not your God bc if it was it would be fluid and this isn't fluid...

Lissa0821

This season of trial seems so firey but I have made up my mind......I will win!!!!! God is with me, God is for me and that is all I will focus my attention on.

Renewed1

I find it amazing that my landlord is trying to work with me in paying this month's rent. I mean beyond the call of duty....Amazing...

I pray that God some how make a way for me to pay rent for this month and until my lease expires (3 more months).

crlsweetie912

seeing discouragement at every turn. I'm so glad you hear me and know exactly what I need at every turn. Despite how it seems, I trust and believe that you will bring me out. You promised never to leave me nor forsake me.
I know that if you didn't have a plan for me that I would have been dead and gone a long time ago.
Thank you for being my keeper...