2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

loolalooh

I LOOK TO YOU (Whitney Houston): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pze_mdbOK8&ob=av2e

As I Lay Me Down
Heaven Hear Me Now
I’m Lost Without A Cause
After Giving It My All

Winter Storms Have Come
And Darkened My Sun
After All That I’ve Been Through
Who On Earth Can I Turn To?

Chorus:
I Look To You,
I Look To You
After All My Strength Is Gone
In You I Can Be Strong
In You I Can Be Strong
I Look To You,
I Look To You
And When Melodies Are Gone In You I Hear A Song
I Look To You

About To Lose My Breath
There's No More Fighting Left
Sinking To Rise No More
Searching For That Open Door

And Every Road That I've Taken
Led To My Regret
And I Don't Know If I'm Go'n Make It
Nothing To Do But Lift My Head

Chorus:

My Leeves Are Broken
My Walls Are Coming Down On Me
My Rain Is Falling
Defeat Is Calling
I Need You To Set Me Free
Take Me Far Away From The Battle
I Need You
Shine On Me!

auparavant

You may have a gift box in front of you but it's old, it's wooden, not very pretty nor decorative, rather banged up and and stained. You might think it's worthless. But if you ever take a look inside of that little distressed-looking box, you might find beautiful pearls.

LifeafterLHCF

God is awesome God is great.I'm finally ok not feeling as though my life has to be something else. I'm ok with wanting to be more than what others may think I should be. Freedom is a great thing to operate under.

LifeafterLHCF

At times we must go through pain so we can be thankful for the non pain. We have to go through seasons of being alone and no one seeing us so we can be thankful for the seasons of being seen..

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
March 22

Isaiah 51:5
My righteousness draws near speedily, my salvation is on the way, and my arm will bring justice to the nations. The islands will look to me and wait in hope for my arm. (New International Version)

How many of you are counting on today's economic experts to share wisdom about tomorrow's conditions? Anyone claiming to give you a peek into the future based on the past is unreliable. The only reason things continue on a fairly predictable path right now is because God hasn't intervened. God's plan isn't democracy: it's theocracy. God's plan isn't even religion: it's righteousness. When God decides to get heavy handed, things will be dramatically different. Any system can only be as effective as the people governing it. Therefore, every system will fail at some point. The righteousness of God is coming soon; the salvation of God will rise above divisive religious systems; the power of God will deliver justice. Islands are symbolic of the disconnected and disenfranchised. Who says you must have upper and lower classes; the affluent and the impoverished? God has been the ray of hope for the hopeless, and the source of help for the helpless. No matter what condition you're in, He can reach you and change your condition in an instant!

Elder S R Henderson, Pastor
Newness of Life Ministries

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Waiting on the Lord definitely involves expectation. The patience which arises from the fruit of the Spirit is not wishing something would come, it is actively expecting it to come while maintaining one's peace in the meantime.

It's such an interesting thing because patience is neither a presumption that whatever you want will come to pass, nor is it passivity in simply looking to see what will happen. To have patient expectation is to know that what you are waiting for is coming at the appointed time.

This must be something that the Lord reveals in the Spirit, otherwise we couldn't discern between that which we want in our own soul, and that which the Lord has ordained.

loolalooh

Waiting on the Lord definitely involves expectation. The patience which arises from the fruit of the Spirit is not wishing something would come, it is actively expecting it to come while maintaining one's peace in the meantime.

It's such an interesting thing because patience is neither a presumption that whatever you want will come to pass, nor is it passivity in simply looking to see what will happen. To have patient expectation is to know that what you are waiting for is coming at the appointed time.

This must be something that the Lord reveals in the Spirit, otherwise we couldn't discern between that which we want in our own soul, and that which the Lord has ordained.

nicola.kirwan: YAAASSS!

kila82

Faith Tabernacle
March 23, 2012
JURISDICTION by SHELLY MATHIS:

I had a vision of an officer of the law dressed in uniform and belted with weapons. He was standing in the center of his assigned jurisdiction.

Jurisdiction:
The legal power or authority of doing justice in cases of complaint; the power of executing the laws and distributing justice.
Power of governing or legislating.
The power or right of exercising authority.
The limit (boundaries) within which power may be exercised.

He knew the laws of the land and was appointed to execute them. He was trained to discern those who violated the law and empowered with authority to arrest and bring them to justice. Thus he was equipped with all the training and tools he needed to fulfill his commission; however, the officer seemed to be paralyzed or asleep on his feet while the criminals wreaked havoc about him.

I heard the Lord say, "You, My people, are like this officer. You possess jurisdiction - the power of governing - your body, soul, spirit, and all that lies within the realm of your responsibility. You know My Word and by it can discern between good and evil, truth and error. The Holy Spirit Himself dwells in you, and you are empowered with My authority. Your commission is to exercise it over every work of darkness that seeks to invade your jurisdiction.

"And yet the enemy has convinced many of you that you do not have the ability to identify, arrest, and execute My judgment against him - and thus make him stop. This lie has emasculated your spiritual power and annihilated your threat against him.
"I am awakening afresh those who have been paralyzed and calling you forth to remember your spiritual identity. Do whatever it takes to convince yourself of the reality of your delegated authority. Learn it, practice it, and exercise it to remove the enemy from your areas of responsibility. This personal revival will act as a trigger that will generate the breakthrough you have desired and needed to defeat the enemy's attacks against you. That is your commission; do the work!"

Luke 9:1-2 When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases, and he sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.

John 5:30
I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
This minister's messages move my soul, with perfect timing. I try not to post them often, but there are times... whew....

March 23

Proverbs 19:23
The fear of the LORD leads to life, And he who has it will abide in satisfaction; He will not be visited with evil. (New King James Version)

We have been told many times in scripture how to navigate through life. The wisdom of Proverbs is sound, practical, and plentiful. The fear of the Lord is remarkably scarce, or even absent; even in gatherings of believers. Although Solomon was regarded as the wisest man that ever lived, he makes following God very simple. We can't forget that God is speaking through Solomon. When you have a healthy respect for God, life lines up accordingly. Does that mean nothing bad ever happens to good people? No; but when the bible talks about something "visiting" you, it means taking a rightful place of influence or authority. When we fear the Lord, He won't allow evil to "visit" us and become commonplace. What does it mean to abide in satisfaction? We can expect to have the kind of peace that demonstrates God's pleasure with us. When God is happy with you, enemies back up; problems slack up; blessings stack up. God leads you down the right paths of life, gives you a hiding place, and keeps an eye out for intruders.

Elder S R Henderson, Pastor
Newness of Life Ministries

crlsweetie912

I feel ALIVE today for the first time in a long time! Maybe it's the weather here, the fact that it's spring and things are starting to sprout and bloom. To God be the Glory! THANK GOD I'M HERE!!! :reddancer:

LifeafterLHCF

Morning ladies of Christ. I was doing my morning readings and I always forget this verse exact spot but I know it's always the 12th chapter. 2 Cor 12 8-10

Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
(2 Corinthians 12:8-10 ESV)

This always speaks to me deeply because I know how many flaws and weaknesses I have. However because God is in me I am stronger because he is made even stronger because of my flaws. Amen

Have a sweet Friday!

strenght81

If you believe in him he will deliver, always. God is so amazing, not because of the things he has done for me, but for everyone. I won't live long enough to repay him but as long as i'm on this earth I will praise him and let people know who HE is!

Father I thank you for you love and we are blessed to have a friend in Jesus.

auparavant

The L-rd is always in control. He counts all the hairs on our heads and has appointed our birth and our death. He is aware of all. When it seems that G-d might have forgotten you or that He's taking things away from you, don't despair, beloved ones. Rejoice! He is in control! He is taking care of you and your needs. Talk to Him, give all desires to His ears because He is waiting to listen to you. Then rest and listen to Him. He just might be preparing the way. Those tears will be counted as joy one day, if you never forget His Face. Never lose sight.

loolalooh

Morning ladies of Christ. I was doing my morning readings and I always forget this verse exact spot but I know it's always the 12th chapter. 2 Cor 12 8-10

Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
(2 Corinthians 12:8-10 ESV)

This always speaks to me deeply because I know how many flaws and weaknesses I have. However because God is in me I am stronger because he is made even stronger because of my flaws. Amen

Have a sweet Friday!

Amen! ... :)

LoveisYou

Why am I so stubborn and strong-willed? What have I done? What have my pride done? Lord please forgive me

Last edited:

auparavant

G-d gives so many opportunities for you to get it right, even before you die. Many people know before they go. He prompts all men to get it right. How difficult it must be to choose hell, with all the love of G-d before you. He's there until the end, with arms outstretched. No one ends up in hell, they absolutely choose it, rejecting Him until the final moment. That should be the scariest thought - to reject the love of G-d, when it is life, it is fullness, it is free and only He can fill the void in your heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u-BR2c-K-4&feature=related

Last edited:

sidney

Does a farmer plant seeds and water the ground faithfully in hope of a harvest? No he waits in expectation! If God said, I believe it, and wait in expectation.

auparavant

Waiting while checking for G-d's will... I'm in this situation now.

LoveisYou

Thank God my salvation and my relationship with Christ do not depend on feelings. I haven't been feeling my best, but thank God He's here!