what we ask for (a house, a car,
a job, a relationship or even a child)
and then ask us to give it back.

It’s not that He really wants it;
He just wants to see if we want
Him more than we want it.
Love the "it", but love God more!

Gen 22:1-2
1After these things God tested Abraham and said to him, "Abraham!" And he said, "Here am I." 2He said, "Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you."

Last edited:

Pooks

I was so down yesterday and today. Circumstances just seem to be going from bad to worse. Talking with my mother helped alot. Just asking God for strength. I know all I have to do, all I can do is trust Him to make a way and fix things, but there are times when the human side gets discouraged. Lord, please help me to keep my eyes on you, there can be no testimony without the test, and we cannot come out as pure refined gold without the refining processes. To those going through, keep the faith, let's pray for one another. Shalom.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
December 7

Acts 27:20
Now when neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and when no small tempest beat on us, all hope that we would be saved was finally given up. (New King James Version)

This is a small part of the account of Paul's voyage to Italy. I can't speak for you, but I sometimes wonder how long God will see fit to use me. This was a serious and dangerous storm that had everyone on board fearing for their lives. Even children of God don't always know what God intends to do. A personal storm that hides the "light" of His presence for an extended period can be very frightening. Besides that, the tempest beat on them in the midst of their darkness. It seems as though you're all alone when the storm is raging. I believe God wants us to depend completely on Him at critical times. Did you realize that God still directs you even when you lose all hope? There will be numerous times in your walk when you will wish you could tell God how to deliver you. God reserves the right to use your storms any way He pleases, for as long as He pleases, to teach you something that He can't show you any other way. Difficulty gets our attention in unique ways. God saved everyone on board the ship, but not the ship. Storms train your attitude for the next assignment.

Elder S R Henderson, Associate Pastor
The Rock Baptist Church

loolalooh

Write down your testimonies. Write down those moments when the Spirit speaks to you or reveals Himself in your life. You will need to remember them if/when you face your darkest hours. The enemy loves it when we forget what God has done for us and when God has revealed Himself to us. It makes it easier for him to do his job of destruction.

Blackpearl1993

I was so down yesterday and today. Circumstances just seem to be going from bad to worse. Talking with my mother helped alot. Just asking God for strength. I know all I have to do, all I can do is trust Him to make a way and fix things, but there are times when the human side gets discouraged. Lord, please help me to keep my eyes on you, there can be no testimony without the test, and we cannot come out as pure refined gold without the refining processes. To those going through, keep the faith, let's pray for one another. Shalom.

@ Pooks.....

I don't know what you are going through, but God does. He cares and He hasn't forgotten you. He is watching over EVERY purpose He set for your life from the time He knit you in your mother's womb and He is watching over your baby as well. I pray that God blesses you with a peace that passes all understanding, that your every need is met, and that God will give you beauty for ashes. I pray that God gives you comfort and that He blesses you to know without a doubt that He has never left you and that He never will. I pray that God comforts you as nothing and no one else can. I pray that God blesses you richly and abundantly.

Amen

luthiengirlie

I'm blogging here on lhcf again.. its interesting I kind of stopped really two years ago I have made some intermittent posts but i'm looking back and reading and going.. WOW.. I was progressing in Him.. what stopped the PROCESS? I do want to move fully forward in YHWH... but i often feel like every time i take 2 steps forward i take 50 steps back.. I have spent my entire life with doors slammed in my face.. doors to relationships.. door to career.. doors to truly the things in my life i've always wanted.. I've realized I've gotten tired.. but YHWH is saying.. let go and Trust me... that is the HARDEST thing He has ever asked me to do... but.. challenge.. accepted

Magnolia85

I have been feeling like why me lord? why me? I have been going through some personal hardships and unbeknownst to me that I have been letting the enemy occupy to much space in my life. Its time for the enemy to move out, I have no space for you. This scripture came to me while I was surfing through some blogs I read. I Hope you all have a blessed day.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

loolalooh

What do you tell a Christian who has been homeless for 10 years and feels as though the Lord has abandoned him? What do you tell him when he quotes Matthew 6:31-34?

I have some ideas, but they sound harsh. Any thoughts?

:confused:

LifeafterLHCF

Is there something wrong with me Lord? I have no feelings in regards to my grandmother needing open heart surgery. In my mind she is gone so maybe that is why. I don't believe she will make it to see Christmas this year so I have already mourned the loss. I know it will hurt the family but I know we all have our day to come home. I hope for the best result in all parties not just for them.

Nice & Wavy

I'm always so in awe of God and how much He constantly shows me how much He is pleased with me....:cry:

I just want to do your will, Lord....its so wonderful that you KNOW that's what I want to do...thank you, thank you, thank you...Lord!

Lissa0821

Today the thought came to me that I can't pray everything away. There are some things and people who are in my life at this moment and will be a part of my life for a while. I can't just ask God to fix it but I need to ask God to give me his mindset with each thing and person. The mind of God will be my source of strength and wisdom, especially dealing with some people in my life.

God wants me to have life and life more abundantly, but I have to pursue it in Him and with Him even when I don't feel like it sometimes.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Our only limitation in life
is our inability to believe
what God has said.

Proverbs 24:14 “So shall the knowledge
of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou
hast found it, then there shall be a reward,
and thy expectation shall not be cut off.”

Laela

I won't pretend to be a scholar... One thing I do know is that if we are all to be the practical expression of Jesus Christ on earth, El Elyon..the most High God, is our ultimate authority. God is whole, so is His Body - the true Church.

Last edited:

Laela

December 11

I Corinthians 4:13
When slandered, we entreat. We have become, and are still, like the scum of the world, the refuse of all things.(English Standard Version)

What was your response the last time you found out about someone slandering you? Did you retaliate? Maybe you demonstrated a very "spiritual" response by ignoring it. Chances are slim that you tracked down the source of the slander and entreated them in the things of God. If you know someone that considers you the scum of the earth, a normal reaction would be trying to discover why they don't like you. You're not such a bad person, so why would anyone say such mean things about you without cause? Hellooooo? Don't forget: Your life is NOT about you! One person's trash is another Person's treasure. Paul didn't mind being garbage to the world while being grand to God. Consider this: nobody remembers who those people were that considered Paul, and other followers of Christ, worthless individuals. And yet, Paul will be remembered as long as the Bible is available. So don't be so concerned when men consider you pointless, as long as God considers you priceless.

Elder S R Henderson, Associate Pastor
The Rock Baptist Church

Nice Lady

One cannot cast stones if they are Chief of the stuff they are alluding to. No one even cared about you. You brought it to the forefront. Well, there are consequences...
You are not vaguely being accused. No need to worry about anyone else...their punishment is on the way.

Nice & Wavy

I thought this was so sweet!

A Nativity Scene was erected in a church yard.
During the night, someone came across this.
An abandoned dog was looking for a comfortable, protected place to
sleep. He chose baby Jesus as his comfort.
No one had the heart to send him away so he was there all night.
He is a German "shepherd"!

auparavant

Sometimes, one is simply not aware of what has transpired in the past. It's best to seek true answers before judging a situation or another person. There is a definite trail of discord that is evidenced. Putting things into perspective IS the olive branch extended. It demonstrates the similarities more than the differences.

LongTimeComing

Today was supposed to be my wedding day. :( I'm kinda numb. I know God has greater for me and His ways are so much higher and that He, not that man, is the lover of my soul... But today is still numb.

Laela

That is a sweet photo....

I thought this was so sweet!

A Nativity Scene was erected in a church yard.
During the night, someone came across this.
An abandoned dog was looking for a comfortable, protected place to
sleep. He chose baby Jesus as his comfort.
No one had the heart to send him away so he was there all night.
He is a German "shepherd"!

Belle Du Jour

I won't pretend to be a scholar... One thing I do know is that if we are all to be the practical expression of Jesus Christ on earth, El Elyon..the most High God, is our ultimate authority. God is whole, so is His Body - the true Church.

There's a difference between "pretending to be a scholar" and having a genuine curiosity about one's faith which leads to self-study and a desire to share information. I think people are confusing sharing information (which may be different than someone's belief) and bragging/showing off.

"But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." James 1:5

One cannot cast stones if they are Chief of the stuff they are alluding to. No one even cared about you. You brought it to the forefront. Well, there are consequences...
You are not vaguely being accused. No need to worry about anyone else...their punishment is on the way.

:nono: This is still the Christian forum, correct? :nono:

Laela

Ah, Belle, if that came off as accusatory to you, I apologize; That was what was on my heart to say at the time and that's what I meant to say.
I ...ME... LAELA...won't pretend to be a scholar, because I'm not. :lol: I chose at that time to speak what was on my heart. Regardless of what we know and who we are, Jesus is the denominator and that was my focus. If I appear overzealous to anyone, that is not my burden to bear. No offense to you, the Scripture you use is appropriate. I appreciate your response, and take it to heart. :yep:
There's a difference between "pretending to be a scholar" and having a genuine curiosity about one's faith which leads to self-study and a desire to share information. I think people are confusing sharing information (which may be different than someone's belief) and bragging/showing off.

"But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." James 1:5

Last edited: