*-*-*2011 Baggy Challenge*-*-*

kupenda

Gonna rebraid my hair and GHE overnight. Maybe put a lil oil on the ends

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

MyCoilsGoBoing

Proud to say that i've been baggying everyday since I first posted. Sometimes ghe, sometimes not. I've seen a HUGE difference with my hair. Right now Im still using the african royale braid spray and kemi oyl on the ends. Unfortunately, my kemi oyl is MIA now. *sigh*

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
hey ladies! @Golden75 and @~Vintage Queen~ I am currently in single braids with extensions and I GHE on a regular basis. I style my hair how i wish to have it the following day, then use saran wrap to wrap around the edges and the top of my head. So my extension ends are bunched together in a pony at the back of my head. I don't bother to wrap all the way to the ends, cause my hair isn't that long. So in the morning, my hair is moist AND well set in the style. Hope my description isnt too wacky. Let me know if u need a pic.

Your description was good, but you know we won't turn down the chance to look at pitchas! :grin:

tiffers

Moisturized with Shea Moisture Shine & Hold Spray, sealed with Claudie's Grandma Louise Pomade then massaged Elixer into my scalp.

I'll be doing GHE tonight. :spinning:

Platinum

Trying something different tonight. Moisturizing with African Royale Braid Spray and Surge 14. Then applying Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner and SM Deep Treatment Masque. I will braid and band my hair then GHE.:yep:

NaijaNaps

I've been doing the GHE about 4-5 nights per week for the past month and it's made a tremendous difference in my hair.

I'm rocking twists and moisturize with Kinky Curly and seal with either coconut oil or sweet almond oil. I then do for big cornrow twists all over my head and add a showercap, fitted hair net (mostly to keep the showercap in place) and a scarf. In the morning I take the showercap off as soon as a wake up, go about my morning routine (to have the hair dry a little bit - it's pretty "wet" when I wake up! I guess my big ole head produces a lot of heat). Then I take the twisted cornrows down to moisturized and slightly stretched twists. I'm a little past shoulder length so the result (based on how I cornrow the hair) is like a cute little twist/bob! I LOVE it :lick:

Baggying/GHE will now be a staple in my regimen. It's tried and tested for my very prone to dryness natural hair. Thanks LHCF!

Seamonster

I got my AO HSR and made since this is first time using it I wanted to give it the best chance of working. I used a regular shampoo and acv rinse to remove build up, oiled my scalp with tea tree oil neat (this kinda stings/burns). Once the hair dried I applied AO HSR and baggy. This AO HSR has that cloying HSR scent that I do not like; it better work magic or it will be my first exchange. In fact I think I am open to a trade, yuck.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
bajandoc86 - thanks. I was thinking of doing that, but I didn't have enough saran.

So I found a method - Last night I showered, no cap to get moisture from steam, sprayed Aphogee pro-vitamin, then Oyin Frank juice, sealed w/ Oyin burnt sugar. Put on a stocking cap, then plastic shower cap, then satin bonnet.

tiffers

Seamonster Yeah, a lot of people talk about how good AOHSR smells and I'm like :huh:

I hate how it smells. :perplexed

Golden75 Using the stocking cap first, did you get the same results as you do with just bags/saran wrap?

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
@Seamonster Yeah, a lot of people talk about how good AOHSR smells and I'm like :huh:

I hate how it smells. :perplexed

@Golden75 Using the stocking cap first, did you get the same results as you do with just bags/saran wrap?

@tiffers - I did. Hair was moist, and so was the cap. I figured with the moisture, I didn't want too much frizz, trying to get to at least 3 weeks with kinky twists (self installed, first time), so I used the cap to keep the hair flat, while still getting the moisture.

kupenda

Last nights baggy produced an amazingly soft braidout. It is a lot less defined but beautiful. Like waves

tiffers

Moisturized with Claudie's Leave-In Spray topped with a mix of Satin Moisturizer and Grandma Louise Pomade, then massaged Elixer into my scalp. My hair smells so delicious right now. :lick:

I'll be doing GHE tonight. :D

Rossy2010

I have been GHE'ing nightly with EVOO and grapeseeoil oil. Yesterday I applied and massaged my scalp with a mixture of JBCO and EOs - tee tree, rosemary and peppermint.

kupenda

Baggying overnight with moisturizer and grapeseed oil on freshly DCed and braided hair

Bajanmum

Baggied last night with whipped creme ends and sealed with Amla oil. I think this is the first oil my hair actually likes. I might try GHE ing with it to see the results :spinning:

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
pics of my saran wrap GHE attached. I look like i'm trying to pick up signals from outer space! :lachen:

Attachments

• IMG00773-20110908-1056.jpg
    IMG00773-20110908-1056.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG00777-20110908-1057.jpg
    IMG00777-20110908-1057.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 18

~Vintage Queen~

^^ Thank you. That's how I visualised it. :^)

I'm here baggying with Olive and Sunflower oil. Going to add a few more layers for GHE now.

kupenda

Baggying with hairvedas hydrasilica and a tiny bit of LUSH R&B moisturizer. Last nights baggy session left me with wet hair that required some alone time with the blow dryer :-/

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
(1) Sprayed my braids with African Royale BRX Braid & Extentsions Spray and Infusium 23 Repair & Renew Leave-In Treatment and sealed with WGO and GHE for the 2nd time.

This is 1 for the week maybe I can get 2 before this week ends.

toiatoya

Ghe #3 of the week tonite with claudie's isha n a lil carols daughter lisas elixir on my scalp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SAMSUNG-SGH-I897

tiffers

Moisturized with Claudie's Leave-In Spray and Quinoa Cream, then massaged Elixer into my scalp.

I'll be doing GHE tonight. :)

Seamonster

Since did that AO HSR, and added a spritz to my hair, it finally seems hydrated. I am thinking the spritz is what I needed to retain hydration

tiffers

Moisturized with Shea Moisture Shine & Hold Spray topped with Claudie's Satin Moisturizer, and massaged Elixer into my scalp.

I'll be doing GHE tonight. :pepper:

kupenda

Moisturized with HE LTR LI and sealed with a castor/grape seed/hemp mix. Baggying overnight

Platinum

Trying something different tonight. Moisturizing with African Royale Braid Spray and Surge 14. Then applying Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner and SM Deep Treatment Masque. I will braid and band my hair then GHE.:yep:

This combo was awesome for my hair! My hair was so soft the next day. Definitely a keeper!:yep:

tiffers and Seamonster I can't believe you ladies don't like the smell of AOHSR. I love it. I guess the reason why I love it so much is because it reminds me of when I used to go to my grandma's house in Georgia as a child. My grandma has Honeysuckle trees in the front yard and I used to pick the flowers off of the trees.

lovestarr

Moisturized with shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie, massaged and sealed with WGO. Will GH overnight.

**I do notice my hair is getting softer and my coils are popping more now that I am being more consistent with DC and baggying. I don't really even have to use any gel with the shea moisture smoothie anymore. After I cowash, I apply the shea moisture leave-in, then the smoothie, then I seal. My hair stays moist for almost the entire day and curls stay more defined.