**2010 Braid Challenge**........sign-up here

djkforeal

Checking in...I am still hanging in this challenge. I am going on my 4th week with this set of braids and I will be taking them down this weekend to clarify and deep condition. I am still lightly oiling my scalp with Nature's Blessings at least once a week after I shampoo and taking Biotin. I started the Biotin in July and took them consistently until September because it was my birthday on the 17th and I could not handle the breakouts. I want to start back with the Biotin because I could definitely notice the growth while in braids. Hope everyone else is doing well.

gvin89

The 2nd installment will come out next week. I'll take a break for about 2-4 weeks and then get some more.

757diva

Just took out mi braids yesterday. I am going to put another set in very soon and keep them in until New Years hopefully lol I haven't been online in a long time but I kept doing the challenge anyways :)

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
I took a three months break from braiding cause it was thinning out my ends, this past week I went to my sister in Holland to get my hair braided but she had no time. If I don't find anyone to do it, I might have to drop out of the challenge *sigh*

manter26

I've technically been in this challenge for a year. I'm not sure if I want to stay committed to being in braids back to back. So I'm going to head and post my last update...

My starting pics were from the last week in October 2009, so I'm going to go ahead and call this "one year" update. The pics of braids come close to a 52 weeks apart. The straight pics are from 10/29/09 and 8/20/10, so almost 10 months.

Oct 2009 Braids:

my ends of course were curlier here and the braids are much smaller than my current set.

Today (done on stretched hair then rinsed, shown wet):

-------Straight--------

Oct 2009

Aug 2010

GreenD

Hi ladies, it's been a long time since I last checked in. As of the last two weeks I've been in twist but am between working these twist another week or putting box braids in this weekend. Will try to post new pics when I put in more braids.

djkforeal

Hello Braid Challengers,
just checking in again and I can't wait to take down this set of braids and I will be shampooing and deep conditioning my hair. I have a long weekend so I will take my time and braid my hair over again so that I can wear my lace wigs. I am really enjoying my lace wigs and I believe that they are the main contributors to my hair growth. I cannot wait to do a length check again, I have not had any heat to my hair or trimmed it since my siggy picture in July. I am going to skip the October length check and just wait unit the end of December to do a final length check for this challenge.
Stick in there ladies, just a couple of more months to go, then we can celebrate our growth!
TTFN(ta ta for now)

trinigal27

Hello Ladies, how are you all doing. It has been a while since I last visited this site, but now am back. Hope everyone is getting super healthy growth. I have been hanging in there with my braids, so far so good. I hope I get wonderful results at the end of the year.
Wishing you all a beautiful day.

757diva

Okay ladies I know its November but I took out my braids and I am planning on putting some more in so I probably won't have anymore pics until Jan.

I started out here in Jan or Feb 2010

This was April I think :( I'm bad with dates (this is my siggy pic)

This was last night November 5th as soon as I finished taking my braids out and got out all the shed hair

Sorry if they are super big. I hope everyone else is doing well! I need to clean up some of my ends. I want to flat iron for at least a day but I am super scared. I haven't used ANY direct heat at all.

djkforeal

Hello Ladies,
updating again...I am still braiding underneath my lace wigs but I think I am going to straighten my hair for Thanksgiving because I am in between wigs and I need to find another one that will not break the bank. I am contemplating on whether or not I am going to buy the Argan Oil flat iron or the feather flat iron, if I do,after about a week or so I will braid it back up until the end of the year. Hope everyone is making great progress.

tricie

Mad props to everyone who made it to the end of the year! I'm braided up right now, but thanks to Ovation and HairFinity (I think), my braids are a hot mess, and I may only be able to have em in for a few more weeks, so only 2 months, when I can usually go about 3! Good luck to all those that joined the 2011 Braid Challenge! :)

djkforeal

Hey 2010 Braid Challengers,
I am here to give my final update on braid challenge from 2010. I have to admit that I did not stay in braids the end of the year, but I did twist variations and what not while continuing to wear my lace wigs. I did have some progress but not as much as I expected. I am not big on measuring my hair but I think I will adopt that into my length checks for this year so I can go on something a little more technical. I have included pictures from July and December to compare. I have joined the BSL 2011 challenge so that I can stay on my healthy hair journey and inch my way towards my goals. It was fun experimenting with the Crown and Glory method and in my opinion it works.