2008 LHCF Bootcamp!!!!

I think I will continue to do the Bootcamp challenge until I'm BSL for sure. I like my growth so far. I am still wearing braids to help me stretch my relaxer longer, I'm already at 17 and a half weeks post and has about 3 more months to go. If it wasn't for my braids and cornrowed hair under my wigs, I don't know if I would have made it this far.

I am going to commit to _3__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be I will not purchase another hair care product. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!
I do need to apologize though, I'm not techno savvy enough yet to post my beginning pics.... but as soon as I can get one of my kids to show me how :drunk:

Wow!! God is good! I'm glad you're on the road to recovery, physically at least. It takes a little while, from exprience, to get past the replays of the event mentally.

He is so wonderful. Glad to know you are okay kybaby. :) My session is going fine. I was going to post a length shot at the beginning of April but there wasn't much difference from March so probably no lengths shots until the end of session two. Still haven't used any heat, wearing nothing but low maintenance and protective styles and no trims this session (used 1st pass in session 1 to deal with some unevenness). It's all gravy baby.

I am going to commit to __3__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _______no sweets for a week________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Attachments

• 100_0017-fixed.jpg
    100_0017-fixed.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Can I still join this challenge???

I am going to commit to __3__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp (I'm trying to jump into the one that started in April, so it's really like 2.75). My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _I will not be going to Dishes, my fav. spot for lunch for an entire 2 months_. I know that this challenge will help me get back into shape - long hair here I come!

Below is my starting pic, w/ my little baby ponytail :)

Can I still join this challenge???

I am going to commit to __3__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp (I'm trying to jump into the one that started in April, so it's really like 2.75). My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _I will not be going to Dishes, my fav. spot for lunch for an entire 2 months_. I know that this challenge will help me get back into shape - long hair here I come!

Below is my starting pic, w/ my little baby ponytail :)

Welcome to the challenge CubanMorena and Mz. Princess and good luck to you both.

soooo..i screwed up...:sad:

i had an accident on saturday, march 15, 2008..
i hit an 18 wheeler.. and because i wasn't wearing a seat belt..
my head hit the windshield..
im okay.. only damage was to my head..
a pretty big gash.. which took about 12 stitches to repair
and a couple bruises on my arms.

for that reason i flat ironed my hair because i couldnt wear it any other way to cover the huge, nasty scar.. i'm taking my punishment.. i haven't been to the mall to shop since march 22nd.. :yep:

i think all the blood in my hair.. and not being able to wash my hair until the stitches were out caused my hair to shed a lot :sad:

but overall im glad to be alive.. thank god! no more heat this time.. i made a promise to the hair lol

OMG! I know I'm late but I'm glad you're okay! My DH and I are team truck drivers (we drive an 18 wheeler). We see accidents everyday. Praise God you're okay!!!

He is so wonderful. Glad to know you are okay kybaby. :) My session is going fine. I was going to post a length shot at the beginning of April but there wasn't much difference from March so probably no lengths shots until the end of session two. Still haven't used any heat, wearing nothing but low maintenance and protective styles and no trims this session (used 1st pass in session 1 to deal with some unevenness). It's all gravy baby.

I cannot wait to see your results! You hair grows like weeds anyways :yep: LOL

Ok, I'm a little late but here goes

I am going to commit to almost 3 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be... I really gotta think about this one...no chocolate in any shape or form :ohwell: for a week.:wallbash: I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Starting point as of Mid April is in the Pikistrip below. In the first picture (wet hair) half my hair is resting on my shoulders. WOOPS.

Attachments

• comic[1].jpg
    comic[1].jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
AWWW thanks ladies for the GET WELL SOONs..
but i must go on with the challenge..i have a goal that i promised myself to achieve
after all.. growing my hair back is also a recovery process..lol

but anywho..
roller sets are okay.. right?
'cause im thinking about going to the salon..
the wash-n-go is not quite working since i got this mild relaxer..
which is about 9mnths old.. eww.. can u imagine that.. horrible!

I am going to commit to __2.5__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _______No sweets for 2 weeks________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:
bootcampstartingpointir2.jpg

Can i just ask, are ponytails considered a protective style?

So far i've been following the rules quite well but lately i've been wearing ponytails. I figured as long as my ends weren't touching my shoulders i was still protecting my ends but now im not too sure :perplexed.

TIA

I am going to commit to __the month of June and the final 2__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _______No ice cream for 2 weeks________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I'm going to be using a combo of low mani (rollersets) and buns.
Here's my starting pic; Rollerset hair June 1, 2008
LHCFBootcamp002-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Check out my progress. My pics are in my siggy. I am still wearing my wigs and braids to stick with the challenge. I may get my hair cornrowed in another week or 2 for about 4 weeks until my relaxer due in July.

I have to Re-jump in for the next 6 months since I just shaved my head to go natural again, I am starting from scratch and this times seems very different, so I am keeping my growth updates in my Fotki and in the next 3 months we will seehow much growth I have!! But I am still committed to all things!!!

I'm still going strong. I just took out my micros. Had them in for approx. 3 weeks and got much growth. Think anywhere b/t .25-.5. So I'm happy about that. Unfortunately, I lost my edges along the way. So now, I'm taking a week break to get my back in top condition and get rebraided this weekend. Box-braids trumps over micros any day. I'll post my pics. How do you post your before and after again?

I had to use a pass to trim my hair. It really needed it. I have stayed pretty steady with doing protective styles. I am increasing my water intake and doing more cardio, so I hope to see great results in the next 6 months.

ok, i just saw the june updates thread which led me to this thread and the 2007 before/after pics. i'm sold.

I am going to commit to __one and a half, beginning june 15th (to see if i can hang)__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _no LHCF and nothing but water for 2 weeks_. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

20080601055-vi.jpg

Last edited:
ok, i just saw the june updates thread which led me to this thread and the 2007 before/after pics. i'm sold.

I am going to commit to __one and a half, beginning june 15th (to see if i can hang)__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _no LHCF and nothing but water for 2 weeks_. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

20080601055-vi.jpg

um...so i lied. i'm starting tonight. just did a DC and now i am bunning.

Back