2008 LHCF Bootcamp!!!!

I am going to commit to __3__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be ____No shopping for anything other than food for a month____. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:

Hair_Dry327.jpg

Last edited:
I know I'm late, but my updates are in my fotki. Don't know how to attach pics here yet w/o exceeding the limit. Fotki p/w: growth

Last edited:
I am going to commit to __2__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _A gallon of water a day for a week. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!
DSC04017.jpg

I'm renewing my commitment to this challenge. I kinda slipped off and I think that as a result I didn't achieve SL like I had expected. I'm shoulder grazing, as you can see from my pic.

I just got a relaxer Thursday, and I'm not feeling my hair anymore (it's very BLAH). So I think I'm gonna co-wash and rollerset tonight (which is good for the rollersetting challenge).

ARR

Just checking in. My braids are in now and and will stay in a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 8 weeks. I can't wait to complete this 7 and a half month relaxer stretch. I have incorporated the C&G method in with this challenge and will be alternating it with wearing my wigs over cornrows for 6 weeks. I am so excited about completing this challenge and I look forward to seeing where my hair's progress will take me at the end of the year.

I failed miserably at session one! lol But I'm going gung ho for session 2. I trimmed my hair in a moment of stupor and cut off an inch :ohwell::nono:, my ends werent even bad, oh well. But I want to do this for real!

Sooooo without further adieu, I'm starting off in session 2, April first. I'm currently 8 weeks post relaxer. I'm not going to relax until I'm near the end of session 2.

My consequence for breaking the rules.... NO THAI FOOD FOR A WHOLE MONTH! This one is BRUTAL for me! I love my shrimp green curry from Song Restaurant in Brooklyn and eat there several times a month. Also I have to do an hour of cardio PER DAY, that I break the rules.

I am going to commit to __1__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _no take out for a month. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I'm in for the next session. I will use my growth stuff regularly, I will remember to schedule my henna treatments and protein treatments, I will sleep with my hair protected and my fluff will GROW!

ok so now i can officially join this challenge:grin:. I am going to commit to the last 3 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be to drink only water for 2 weeks. right now i will be doing the bootcamp and my own c & g challenge since my hair is in braids.

I am going to commit to ___4_ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be ________eat fried food for an month_______. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

:grin:I am going to commit to __last 3_ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be __________no fried food for a month_:lick:____. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Last edited:
I have used my pass last weekend- flat ironed my hair for easter. I am still in for the other challenges.
thanks

I am going to commit to ___4_ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be ________eat fried food for an month_______. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I saw you changed this. I was about to say...

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be 3 hours of exercising everyday for one week. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!
Starting photo below
I used my pass for session 1 (2nd photo) Its getting there

You've made good progress! Love the shine :yep:

Dlove is in.

I am going to commit to __all_4_ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be __no fried food for a month_____________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

First session check in. I've been good. I followed all the rules. Right now I have kinky twists. When I take them out in 6 weeks, I will post pictures of growth. ( See page 15 for starting point)

I'm going to committ to 3 sessions of the bootcamp...Starting April 1, 2008. Im new to this forum...just joined...so don't know to much about it yet, but I am DOWN for the challenge of bootcamp.

Last edited:
I am committing to 3 sessions. My punishment for failing to comply with rules will be no junk food for 3 months.

I am new to this and am eager to get going.

As soon as I figure out how navigate my way thru the site and establish a fotki account I will post pics...my current length is neck lenght. I am growing out "rhianna" bob.

Good Luck!!

Hi everyone! I hope this bootcamp is really allowing everyone's hair to thrive and everyone is seeing the great benefits.
I have posted my session one updates on my fotki. I have not done a blowout so as far as length goes, I'm not sure how much growth I have gotten, but I can definitely say that My hair has been getting healthier and healthier. :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Of course I am thrilled about this. Now my challenge begins with managing multiple textures.

Hi everyone,
I am going to commit to 3 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no coca cola for two weeks. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I will add my starting pic next week.

Hi everyone,
Hi everyone,
I am going to commit to4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be to drink water only for 2 months( no other drinks whatsoever!),
I can't wait for the health hair to begin!!!! yay!

soooo..i screwed up...:sad:

i had an accident on saturday, march 15, 2008..
i hit an 18 wheeler.. and because i wasn't wearing a seat belt..
my head hit the windshield..
im okay.. only damage was to my head..
a pretty big gash.. which took about 12 stitches to repair
and a couple bruises on my arms.

for that reason i flat ironed my hair because i couldnt wear it any other way to cover the huge, nasty scar.. i'm taking my punishment.. i haven't been to the mall to shop since march 22nd.. :yep:

i think all the blood in my hair.. and not being able to wash my hair until the stitches were out caused my hair to shed a lot :sad:

but overall im glad to be alive.. thank god! no more heat this time.. i made a promise to the hair lol

for that reason i flat ironed my hair because i couldnt wear it any other way to cover the huge, nasty scar.. i'm taking my punishment.. i haven't been to the mall to shop since march 22nd.. :yep:

i think all the blood in my hair.. and not being able to wash my hair until the stitches were out caused my hair to shed a lot :sad:

but overall im glad to be alive.. thank god! no more heat this time.. i made a promise to the hair lol
OMG dont worry about the challenge, just be thankful you are alive and well!!!!

However I admire your dedication :yep:

Thank God you are alive kybaby. I am surprised you're in here posting and concerned about this challenge. Don't worry about it for now honey, just spend time recovering honey.

bootcamp is helping my hair tremendously. I will do this until waistlength...period!

I was thinking the same thing. Before I joined the bootcamp challenge I was well on my way to being a flat iron junkie. I flatironed my entire head on Dec 31st of last year.

I only flat ironed a piece for the end of session 1 bootcamp comparison pic (see my fotki) & so far that's been my only flat iron in 3 months. Yeah, I'm proud!

Wow!! God is good! I'm glad you're on the road to recovery, physically at least. It takes a little while, from exprience, to get past the replays of the event mentally.

Back