• $3,501-$4k

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $4,001-$4,999

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $5k+ - Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

loved

Will you be creating a hair budget for 2008 for products, salon appointments, appliances, etc., & for those of us that weave it up - hair? Looking at what I spent in '07 and using that to project out, I think I may be up to $1,000 as part of a conservative estimate. Wow! I work hard to build a regimen of cheapie and easily accessible products and I take care of my own hair, yet I'm still up there.

My 2008 Hair Budget

LHCF - $5
Hair (EPRT) & Closure - $350
Designer Essentials Relaxer - $50
Curling Irons - $125
1" Sedu - $125
Hair Vitamins - $100
Products - Shampoos, Condiitoner, Oils, Leave-Ins, Good scissors, Henna/Indigo , bobby pins, rollers, scarves- $300(yeah right!)
Hair Magazines & books - $100

I'm thinking of checking out this Pibbs thing in 08'.

Sooooo . . . . . . Total

Hair products and appliances. . . $1,0000

Looking tight and keeping it right . . . Priceless

Last edited:

lexi08

My budget will be less than 500. I may purchase a few appliances but I am going to keep hair product purchases to a minimum. Basically the only thing I would have to repurchase are certain conditioners that I use more frequently. I may try a new product here and there.

sareca

I have a maxiglide (and now a sedu) and a pibbs 514. I really shouldn't need anymore big ticket items. I might try a couple new products, but I'm done with the appliance purchases. I voted < $500. Although that seems optimistic since I haven't managed to spend less than $800/year. :(

Last edited:

bluediamond0829

My price list for 2008 i put between $501 to 1000--only because i plan on keeping my hair braided up for hopefully 6 months of the year..and individual braids at a salon is not cheap so im already looking at probably spendin anywhere from $140 to $160 every 2 to 3 months...

As far as products i basically have everything i need so im trying to use up the products i have at home....

Vitamins--trying to use up the vitamins i have first and then not trying to spend less than $100 no vitamins...

Hair--i plan on sticking with using regular kaneklon hair and i may try gettin kinky twist so im thinking of less than $100 on buying hair-- my wigs usually run about 20.00 each..so i may pick up some not sure...

Salon visits(other than braid services)--dont plan on making any right now...

vslady

I probably spent about $1500 - $1750 on my hair care this year and plan to cut that to about $1200 in 2008 (About $100/month). This year I needed to build up my supply of products and equipment (flat iron, hair dryer, etc).

I also enjoy going to the salon on a regular basis because it is small bit of pampering that I need and time to focus on myself instead of DH and DS.

gymfreak336

I would love to stay under 500bucks but I know me:look:

I need to pick up some more expensive basics before the year is done though. I need a new dryer, flat iron(I am thinking about solia or sedu), hand held dryer, real handmade bone or mason pearson combs. I am aldo buying some sampler gift sets of other expensive stuff I have been wanting to try.

noegirl05

I voted 500-1000 because I want to get a pibbs and a new sedu.

I am pretty stocked up with products but will need some oils and more silicon mix conditioner(i may get the big tub) and some shine serum.

I also need more rollers and clips

Will probably go to the hairdresser every 3 months for a trim!

I think thats it....

Leslie_C

I have a maxiglide (and now a sedu) and a pibbs 514. I really shouldn't need anymore big ticket items. I might try a couple new products, but I'm done with the appliance purchases. I voted < $500. Although that seems optimistic since I haven't managed to spend less than $800/year. :(

Ditto...I think Ive already made most of my big purchases so Im optimistic that I can spend less than $500 on my hair next year. Depending on how skilled I become at blowing out my roots Macherie style, I might get a sedu or solia flat iron or maybe a better dryer. But Im not including vitamins because I take those for energy and overall health (msm, good multi, some biotin and bcomplex thrown in).

If I want a big ticket item ($100 or more) then I tend to save for it by cutting expenses elsewhere or selling something so its more of an exchange than a big purchase. For example I sold one of my textbooks, a couple of appliances and a few products I dont use on the exchange forum and use that money for my pibbs.

Joanna721

does this include the grocery items that I use on my hair....lol...I need to find a calculator....
I know I want a new flat iron and a handheld blow dryer JUST bought my goldn hot before I left Charlotte and it was good enough fo rme so wont need one of those.... I know HUMECTRESS is stayin on my list maybe if I buy everything in bulk at the beginning of the year I wont have to worry ...idk
lemme go calulate this mess...be back lata wit my vote and budget:grin:

Misseyl

I know in 2008 I'll spend less than $550. Ok let me see

Phytorelaxer $60 (2)
CON Shampoo ($12)
Emergencee ($49)
Conditioner ($30)
Profectiv ($21) 3
Combs ($5)
Things to tie hair w/$8
Mango Butter ($18) 2
Hair for Box Braids $12.00 (3 packets)
Scurl ($12)

missvi

God is Good!!
My hair Budget for 2008:
Hair Vitamins - $100
Pibbs $200
Shampoos,
Conditioner,
Oils,
Leave-Ins $250
Salon visits $350

caramelcutieinva

I voted $500 or less and then I started budgeting. I came up with a $996

I knew I was a PJ but I never thought I spent that much on my hair.

Is there a hair budget challenge I can join

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
My 2008 budget is $125:

Relaxers- $28
Shampoo- $12
Conditioner-$25
Leave-Ins- $40
Misc.- $20 (in case of hair emergency :lol:)

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I voted $500 or less and then I started budgeting. I came up with a $996

I knew I was a PJ but I never thought I spent that much on my hair.

Is there a hair budget challenge I can join

I forgot the name of the thread, I'll find it and bump it for you :yep:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I would say $500 for sure. I've found my staples and any product that runs out I just replace so I shouldn't need to spend anymore than $40 a month. $50 max.

atlien11

3 relaxers ($100)
2 shampoo bottles ($24)
1 lacefront ($250 and up)
and a partridge in a pair tree! :holiday:

cinnamin316

I said $501-$1000 because i need to buy a new flat iron, and the way things are going i may need a new hooded dryer soon. I doesnt help that my mother uses more shampoo and conditoner than i do but refuses to buy more product. So I think with just restocking what i have the price range that i picked should work.

SpiritJunkie

i'm trying to curb my urge to buy so many products. i'm getting better. i just to replenish a few shampoo/moisturizers & leave ins. i'm stocked up on my relaxer Affirm (all steps) so i;m good.

RainbowCurls

$500 and below as the cheapest option?! :eek:

Shampoo - nothing. I have a over litre of botanoil left
CO wash conditioners - £12 ($24)
Other conditioners - £50 ($100) (need to buy more Keraphix and Humectress)
Coconut oil - £5 ($10)
Aloe vera gel - £10 ($20) (4 tubes should do me for the year)
Other products - £15 ($30)
Hair dyes - £50 ($100)
Hair accessories - £20 ($40)

Total: £162 ($324)
Hmm, so it does all add up after all... even though my regime is pretty 'KISS'...

CurliDiva

I plan to spend over $1,300 in 2008 on haircare/styling. 2008 will be a critical year - lengthwise- so I think it is worth it!

Products/Supplies - $300 ($25/mo.)
Professional Braiding - $1,000 ($200 -5 times)

newflowers

I don't know if I want to know

restock proteins 2 times $120.00
restock oils 2 times $75.00
restock essential oils $50.00
shower filter replacements 2 times @ $65 each $130.00
phytojoba shampoo 6@ $25 each $150.00
phytojoba conditioner 3 @ $45 each $135.00
icon moisture mask 5 @ $17.00 $85.00
ojon restorative treatment 1 @ $55.00
phytospecific relaxer 5 @ $60 each $300.00
pibbs 514 1 @ $250 (estimate)
misc $100.00

$1450.00

I was right, I did not want to know. You know, it never seems like that much money when you don't look at the prices and costs all at once.

ETA - I forgot two bottles of BT

Last edited:

seeminglysweet

Hmm. let me take a crack at this:

Relaxer (4x) = ~$200
Keracare liter shampoo (2x) =$50
Pibbs (Keeping my fingers crossed) =~$250
EVOO = ~$30
Various deep conditioners = ~$50
Tools (rollers, flex-rods, scarfs, etc) = $~30

Total =$610

I don't spend that much on products and I'm not a PJ. These are just the basics

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I know right, Tenny your gonna have to come back and put us down with this budget you have.
For an entire year - how pray tell, do you do that???

I plan on spending $250 or less on:
Conditioner
rinse
plastic caps
relaxer
oils
What I plan on doing is keeping track of what I'm spending subtracting each purchase from what I start out with ($250) once the money is gone I will have to make do because I refuse to spend as much as I've spent in the past. Since I have all my major hair tools and staple products there is really no need to find myself buy extra stuff on the regular. I still have shampoo I'm trying to use up, so I won't be buying any poo until what I have is gone, and I barely use poo these days. :ohwell:

seeminglysweet

I know right, Tenny your gonna have to come back and put us down with this budget you have.

I plan on spending $250 or less on:
Conditioner
rinse
plastic caps
relaxer
oils
What I plan on doing is keeping track of what I'm spending subtracting each purchase from what I start out with ($250) once the money is gone I will have to make do because I refuse to spend as much as I've spent in the past. Since I have all my major hair tools and staple products there is really no need to find myself buy extra stuff on the regular. I still have shampoo I'm trying to use up, so I won't be buying any poo until what I have is gone, and I barely use poo these days. :ohwell:

Do you use these to DC? I use plastic shopping bags, wrapped around my head and twisted tightly in the front. It's free and environmentally friendly :grin:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Yup, I know all about the plastic bags, lol, I just don't have time to be tieing up and mending holes that be in the bottom of my Sop Rite and Walmart bags. I gave up and just reuse my plastic caps a few times before tossing them. I want to make sure all that heat is trapped up in that cap for my DCing. I use saran wrap too for DCing, that roll last forever, but sometimes I don't feel like fight against the cling, :lachen:
Do you use these to DC? I use plastic shopping bags, wrapped around my head and twisted tightly in the front. It's free and environmentally friendly :grin:

Kalani

I estimate my expense to be around 1200.00 I pretty much use Aveda products exclusively and I go through conditioners like crazy (my hair just sops it up!)

The other brand I use from time to time is Phyto, also not much cheaper. :lol: