2 minute Deep Conditioner..Is there such one?

The Princess

Good morning everyone, I hope your christmas was good and you all had a great event and great memories. Mine started off horrible but ended good. Now back to the hair world.:grin::grin::grin:

Im reading the back of Lekair Cholesterol Plus, (which was sitting way in the back of my bathroom cabinet, i realize I need to use it up.)

The directions on the back label states: Massage throughly into hair and leave on hair for two mins and risne thoroughly. Repeat ths conditioning process a second time, rinse hair thoroughly and towel dry. Now your hair is ready that that special style your seeking.

The discription on the front label states: Strengthens,DEEP CONDITIONS, and Rejuvenates Your Hair Hair Enriched with Cholosterol, Jojoba Oil, Aloe Vera and Collagen Protein.

So here is the deal, I know it doesn't have any Kertain in it, so that cool, but it does have Hydrolized Collagen in it.

The question is: Will this stuff damage my hair if I use it has a true deep condition by letting it sit on my hair with heat, for 10+ mins under my heating cap.............Or do I just follow the directions and let it sit on my hair for 2 minutes.

However if I do let it sit on my hair for the 2 min, is this really considered a true deep condition.

Cause I don't think so..... What yall think.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I use and love that cholesterol. I've always left it on for 20 minutes to a half an hour with a plastic cap under the dryer....no problems. It's really good stuff. I don't think you would get the full benefit in just 2 minutes though.

The Princess

I use and love that cholesterol. I've always left it on for 20 minutes to a half an hour with a plastic cap under the dryer....no problems. It's really good stuff. I don't think you would get the full benefit in just 2 minutes though.

Well its legal then. Thanks.

chebaby

to me there no such thing. i may use something like this as a pre poo or as a quickie conditioner but i dont think to much of anything can penetrait well enough for me to think its a deep conditioner in 2 minutes.

gorgeoushair

I don't think a person could get a real deep condition in 2 min. I don't see how you would damage your hair by leaving it on 10+ min w/heat. i think your way is better. Some products directions are not meant to be followed.

HairQueen

From what I have read from previous posts on this forum, if it says to leave on for less than 10 - 15 minutes then its not a deep conditioner.

If it says leave on for 2 minutes, then I think it will only work for 2 minutes, leaving it on for 30 minutes or whatever won't make a difference because its not designed to be a deep conditoner. I may be wrong??

Check out the thread, I think it was called "'not all conditioners deep condition' or something similar to that title.

ETA: I have just re-read your post and you did say that it says DEEP CONDITIONER on the pack. I dunno then, I guess I just feel more comfortable if it says leave on for at least 10-15 mins, then i feel like I really am using a deep conditioner..

Last edited:

LaidBak

I just fell in love w/ LeKair last week. I use it with heat and a cap for at least 30 mins. I ignored the 2 minute thing.