is my ntm a deep conditioner?

chocolatethai

hi ladies
i recently read a thred that said that a product wasnt a deep conditioner unless the directions stated that it should be on the hair for more than 5 minutes, i bought the neutrogena triple moisture deep recovery hair mask a week ago thinking that i could use it as deep conditioner but it says "let penetrate for 3-5 minutes". is this considered a deep conditioner? and what is the diference between a deep conditioner and a hair mask cuz i definitely just use them interchangably :perplexed

lilamae

some people use the mask as a deep conditioner. Salon quality conditioner is best though according to my very recent research:look:

HoneyDew

Personally I don't believe in that theory that it is only a deep conditioner if the label says so. I have also seen so called "deep conditioners" with instructions that say leave on for 2 -3 min.

I look at the ingredients. I know which ones based on the ingredients that will be good as a deep conditioner. I look for humectants if i need moisture and protein high on the list if I need a reconstructor. Anything with mineral oil, petroleum silicone, etc, high on the lists I don't even bother to try to deep condition with.