2 Inches Just Gone ---- And I Love It!

leona2025

Well I was trying to hang on to my thin scraggly ends until I hit WL and then I would trim, but yesterday I looked at them and I was like you gotta go. I originally wanted just a inch, so the lady trimmed a inch. She showed me as she was cutting and handed me a mirror so I could watch. When I seen a inch wasn't all that much hair and I could still see split I went ahead and had her take off another inch.

I love it. My ends are mostly tangle free now and I can run my fingers from root to tip without it gettting stuck. It looks so thick and healthy now and I love this length. I hope I will be able to get it to hold curl again. I went to TGF Haircutters. I was scared. The lady that was going to cut my hair had her make up painted on like a clown. She looked like she was really nervous to do my hair, but she did and excellent job.

Oh an a little something about my splits and heat damage. I have been watching these same split ends and heat damage for about 3 months. They never split further up the hair unless I personal took one and split it and yes I did it because I wanted to see what it owuld take to make the hair split more.

I think the way split ends appear to split up is because of combing or brushing. The bristles and teeth will split the hair further. My hair did break where I had heat damage so I would have little pieces of broken ends everywhere.

Reecie

Love it. :love4: Your hair is gorgeous. I checked out your Fotki... didn't see a reggie. What is it?

winnettag

Nice!
And I really like that the stylist only trimmed what you asked her to and handed you a mirror.....I'm going to have to fly to TX so she can trim my hair for me, lol.

SleekyHair

Beautiful hair! Your ends didn't look "scraggly" to me, but the blunt cut look great!

I wish the folks hanging onto the real chewed up, scraggly ends would learn to let go.

Jazala

Your hair is so beautiful. I love the cut. It makes your hair look more lush at the bottom.

BostonMaria

She did an excellent job. Your ends look beautiful! I will probably cut my ends this summer for the same reasons you just mentioned.

yamilee21

The newly blunt ends look nice, but your ends did not look "thin" or "scraggly" before. I think we need a visual definition of truly "scraggly ends" on LHCF; standards for ends are getting a little too stringent, :lol:.

Glad you are happy with the trim; so many of these kinds of threads are not as positive.

25Nona

Looking Good Leona!!!!......I'm glad that you are liking you new trim. It really looks very nice and healthy!

sqzbly1908

Both pics look great Leona!! I feel u on the ends - mine frustrate me as well...your hair looks so pretty (as usual)

aquajoyice

I was there about 4 months ago. On my way to WL, I was about maybe an inch away from my goal after doing a 6 month stretch. I did a video on youtube about ending my stretch and saw the video and really got to see how thin my ends looked. I bought some scissors from Sally's and ended up taking off about 3". Then after ending my 4 month stretch wanted to even it out a bit more and chopped off another 1". I'm feeling a lot better about my ends now. Nothing better then some clean blunt ends :)

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
The stylist did an excellent job on your ends, your hair in both pix are gorgeous. Now I'm off to check your fotki.

Whimsy

Oh it looks great now! so healthy looking and still super long and pretty. Great decision to cut.

PJaye

Your hair looks fantastic; I love blunt ends.

I have a question: Did you have an appointment for a complete service or did you do your hair yourself and have them do a trim afterward?

hillytmj

I think it looks great! I'm in the same boat trying to reach WL, but I think I'm gonna get a good trim too. It's a nice feeling knowing that a 2 inch trim isn't as drastic as it sounds on your length of hair. Congrats!

UGQueen

haha i love your hair! it looks like my weave! soo long and lush.
cant wait until my hair reaches that length. but for now im jus going to fake it until i make it! :)

leona2025

Thanks Everyone. Those ends were damaged and split. My pictures hide that. I'm going to try to bun more and ponytail rollerset. Maybe now my curls will last longer than 30 minutes.

Your hair looks fantastic; I love blunt ends.

I have a question: Did you have an appointment for a complete service or did you do your hair yourself and have them do a trim afterward?

I went in on a Friday, just a spur of the moment. No appointment and I didn't have to wait because I was the only customer. they offer to shampoo, but I had just shampoo and dced the day before. So I had her trim it dry.

I think it looks great! I'm in the same boat trying to reach WL, but I think I'm gonna get a good trim too. It's a nice feeling knowing that a 2 inch trim isn't as drastic as it sounds on your length of hair. Congrats!

When I went for the trim I was nervous. You hear so many horror stories and I have some of my own, but I wasn't expecting much. I will definitely continue to go there. Yeah I thought about in my head, measured it out, and everything and I was like thats to much, but it wasn't and my ends are so tangle free and thick.