18 Months Into Transition-Small Updates (pics)

Eisani

I finally decided to start a thread and post some pics since my Fotki has been on lock for a good long time now. On the 13th, I will be officially 18 months post tex(re)lax :yay: I got a nice thorough hair cut this past Saturday that put me back to BSL, but I'm hoping a good portion of my relaxed ends are now gone, if not all of them :crossfingers:. I won't know for sure until I wet my hair. Anyhoo, I've posted some pics in the thumbnails (can't access photobucket or anything from work :( ) ranging from March '08 to now.

Pic #1 was my first time reaching BSL in Feb or Mar 08.
Pic #2 MBL reached Aug '08
Pic #3 Still using Color Showers Oct '08
Pic #4 Nov '08-wash n go w/H2H End All
Pic #5 Twist n Curl Dec '08

I'll add more pics as the mood strikes or if I have any real updates.

Attachments

• bsl08.jpg
    bsl08.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 278
  • wsl.jpg
    wsl.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 251
  • cs1.jpg
    cs1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 292
  • waves.jpg
    waves.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 477
  • tnc1.jpg
    tnc1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 405

Eisani

Cont...

Pic #6 Dec '08 Protective Styling
Pic #7Twist n Curl April '09
Pic #8 Shrinkage vs flat iron b4 hair cut May '09. Shortest layers in front.

ETA: I'm sorry, I had to remove that horrible last pic :nono: I can't be out there like that :laugh: I'll post more when I straighten again. I'll be 19 months this week. I'll add more pics then.

Attachments

• protect.jpg
    protect.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Geisha2-vi.jpg
    Geisha2-vi.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 165
  • half.jpg
    half.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

pri

Your hair is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! Congrats to reaching 18 months also...that's amazing :)

Eisani

Wow, your hair grows really fast. Nice progress. I love your hair and it's texture.
Thank you. Until I started taking pics tracking my progress, I never realized I had a pretty good growth rate. I thought that gene missed me. My dad cuts his hair every few days days, my aunts and sister have a CRAZY growth rate as well. Now if I can get on their level, I'll be WL by Dec!

Love Love love!! How much longer will you transition?
Thank you! I'm not sure how much longer I'll transition.As long as everything continues to go well, I'll probably ride it out until the very end.
Your hair is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! Congrats to reaching 18 months also...that's amazing :)
Thanks! It gets a lil tough and my patience get tested sometimes, but I'm glad I decided to go through with it :yep:.

Ediese

I finally decided to start a thread and post some pics since my Fotki has been on lock for a good long time now. On the 13th, I will be officially 18 months post tex(re)lax :yay: I got a nice thorough hair cut this past Saturday that put me back to BSL, but I'm hoping a good portion of my relaxed ends are now gone, if not all of them :crossfingers:. I won't know for sure until I wet my hair. Anyhoo, I've posted some pics in the thumbnails (can't access photobucket or anything from work :( ) ranging from March '08 to now.

Pic #1 was my first time reaching BSL in Feb or Mar 08.
Pic #2 MBL reached Aug '08
Pic #3 Still using Color Showers Oct '08
Pic #4 Nov '08-wash n go w/H2H End All
Pic #5 Twist n Curl Dec '08

I'll add more pics as the mood strikes or if I have any real updates.

You have such beautiful hair! I especially love the twist and curl! Just gorgeous!!:yep:

Prettyeyes

Looks great! That is good progress, so you think WL by Dec. I don't know if I can make it that quick I am past BSL, whaddya think, you've seen my hair before?

bermudabeauty

i've always lusted your hair. Especially the color. I never understood how you could get so much color from a cellophane. Curious on why you decided to cut your hair back to BSL.

Eisani

Looks great! That is good progress, so you think WL by Dec. I don't know if I can make it that quick I am past BSL, whaddya think, you've seen my hair before?
I don't think I'll be WL by Dec, but I do hope to be back @ MBL. I was saying that if I had the same growth rate as some of my other family members, I'd be WL by Dec!

ETA: I'm sorry, I just noticed the last part of your post. If you're past bsl now, on your way to MBL, there's a good chance you'd be full mbl inching your way toward wl by Dec-depending on your growth rate and retention. I don't know why, but it seems like it took forever to get from MBL to WL. BSL to mbl was a cake walk in comparison.

Last edited:

Eisani

i've always lusted your hair. Especially the color. I never understood how you could get so much color from a cellophane. Curious on why you decided to cut your hair back to BSL.
Thanks BB. I got good color results from cellophane and now henna because my natural hair color is light. I'm in the light sandy brown/dirty blonde range w/o color so it picks up everything very easily. Even when I had blonde highlights, I never had to use a developer or lifter. I wanted her to cut all of my hair back to the shortest layer, which was BSL. Doing such a long transition, I decided to go with mini chops along the way. It'll grow back :grin:.