12 Wks NG and NO Cond Worked Under Running Water

Whisper

janeemat said:
I have Pratial Silk Worm rinse. You mean this might be the life saver. Was the rinse the last thing you out on the hair? I generally put the rinses on before the deep cond.

Yes I would wash and then deep condition with my regular conditioners. After washing out and trying to comb through, it would be very tangled. With the Silk Worm rinse on hand, I would slather it on and let it sit for up to a minute and then under the shower I go with combing. Less tangles for sure!

CoCoEspresso

Are you wearing your hair straight? If not, then yes, it would ruin the style, but if you intended on wearing it straight, then wrapping it and tying it up would help to smooth the hair. I used the rollerset then used the scarf method during my stretch, but then again I was doing a low manipulation protective style every day. I was only concerned about smoothing the new growth in the front. Also, I only combed on wash day. That's what worked for me personally.

SouthernTease

I cowash DAILY
I NEVER SHAMPOO
until a few days my hair
becomes very tangled...
that's when I use a
clarifying shampoo
and/or Porosity Control
I NEVER use regular
shampoo anymore...
I just co-wash with
Mane N Tail Conditioner
or NTM Daily Deep Conditioner
There would be no way
I could manage this new growth
if I were still shampooing
CO-WASHING EXCLUSIVELY IS THE TRUTH!!!
(( I'm 10 weeks post...
I usually stretch for 12-14 wks..
but I want to try 6 month/24 wk stretch... maybe that's
wishful thinking... we'll see what's happening after 16)) :D

gymfreak336

janeemat said:
Gym, I wondered where you were. I'm going to prepoo on Sat with oil. I plan to mix coconut oil, sweet almond oil and jojoba oil and do a hot oil treatment. I hope this works because if not Wed I will be relaxing. 3/4 weeks is eternity when you are dealing with ng.

Let me know how it works. Oils have been my hero these last couple of days. I have also been massaging in my hairobics oil on my scalp every couple of days. It has been helping my newgrowth stay not so "tight" and matted down so I get less manipulation damage. Shoot, if you relax, does that mean I can too:cool: :D

gymfreak336

auntysmoky said:
Gotta prepoo with Amla Oil for 1 hour. That stuff is the bomb. No joke!

:yep: Alma is my new best friend. Between you and dlewis pushing it, I don't see how people still haven't tried it.

preciousjewel76

gymfreak336 said:
:yep: Alma is my new best friend. Between you and dlewis pushing it, I don't see how people still haven't tried it.

Because it smells like old, used diapers?:lachen:

It's good stuff, but I de-scented mine with peppermint EO. I may try the "unscented" variety from FNWL next time around.

gymfreak336

preciousjewel76 said:
Because it smells like old, used diapers?:lachen:

It's good stuff, but I de-scented mine with peppermint EO. I may try the "unscented" variety from FNWL next time around.
:lachen: :lachen: My boyfriend said it smelled like jasmine and butt:lachen: :lachen: