12 Weeks Post Relaxer and Swimming with Wash afterwards-tips??

abcd09

So Im going on a vacation in a few days where I may be swimming in lake water everyday for three to four days. Im going to try to avoid getting my hair wet some of the days, but Im going to be the only person shrieking at the feel of water touching my hair.

Im 12 weeks post relaxer. My roots are very thick, and due to a hard protein mishap I have had some pretty bad mats and tangles these past two weeks. Because of this I've lost about 2 inches of healthy ends.

Now it's hard to say if my hair is tangled due to the aphogee mishap- which should be cleared up by now- or just being 12 weeks post. The longest Ive gone is 10 weeks and I'd get some single strand knots. No Im getting clumps of tangles for the past couple of washes. This is even after doing hot oil treatments and detangling with MNT, followed by ACV rinces and DCing. Simply put I dont know what else to do and Im afraid of losing more hair.

I wont be able to relax till tuesday or even wednesday. Im going to try my darndest to not get my hair wet so Im not having to detangle three days in a row. But after the protein disaster and my detangling problems even with oil, MNT, and ACV Im deathly AFRAID of losing more length. Help please!!

(Ive added a picture of my ends after detangling this last time. The longest strings are were my hair used to be. I havent had a trim yet. It's hard to tell if the thin-ness is due to detangling after protein problem or the added detangling since (about two washes since protein problem)

bimtheduck

Maybe two french braids. Rub conditioner in your hair before that way it will absorb less lake water when you do get your hair wet.