12 inches in 12 months challenge **Update month 4

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
How is everyone doing? In December my hair was about 15 inches from hairline to ends. By the end of this challenge I am supposed to be at 27 inches. Wow, when I look at it that way....

But you know what! I have to keep a positive attitude and keep my eye on the prize, cause if I start to speak defeat it will not happen.

How is everyone doing?

LABETT

I relaxed April 1st and was surprised how much my hair grew.
I thought I was having a growth spurt.
The only thing I changed in regimen was surging and drinking
protein shakes consistently along with exercising.
I added Spirulina and V8 juice and starting doing co washes
for the first time since joining the board.

Ayeshia

Re: 12 inches in 12 months challenge **Update mont

I wish I was getting an inch per month...but hey Im happy. But I need to kick up my vitamins. I barely take them, i dont want them to be a waste of my money by collecting dust in the medicine cabinet.

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!
I have a retouch tomorrow.. I pray all goes well with it.. and then I'll be back on Wednesday to report my progress

So far, I have been quite consistent with my carrot juice and my eggs, but have slacked off on the vitamins because of antibiotics that I am taking. I have only recently solved my nightly headscarf issue by purchasing a satin pillowcase and I have worked hard to keep my hair moisturized.

Whew.. all this work..Let's see what happens tomorrow then!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I hope all is going well with everyone!!

Ladies, let's keep pressing on. Remember consistancy is the key. If you are taking vits take them daily without fail(except if you are on medications).

Stay on you routine. Even if you are tired or just don't feel like it. Let's keep each other motivated to do this, cause I know we can!

deeplyrooted

everything's going well with me. i've been keeping up with my vitamins and my hair's grown a good 2 inches since the original challenge was started. i'm thinking of adding gnc silica to my vitamin regimen.

brickhouse

I got a touchup in March and my hair grew at least 2 inches but she did a mini trim and probably cut off an inch. I will be moisturizing daily. I sometimes forget and adding co washes and try to see how far my hair will allow me to stretch out my relaxer. I also just did a scalp massage and will start exercising in a couple of weeks. It is just too cold in GA for me.

Aerie17

I think I am getting half and inch, not an inch. Any retained growth at all is good though! I had some damage recently due to coloring and relaxing, so feel like I lost some ground. Still working on it!

WaterMoccasin

I have gained about 2 inches since the challenge as well- I think my biggest thing- besides actually growing an inch per month- is taking care of my ends so that it is retained!!

Edie

Well, in the last month I got about two inches. I haven't gotten that in a long time. I hope this is one of my growth phases and I will be at waistlength by my birthday in June. I will if I don't have to trim more than half to one inch off.

TinyT

I am doing well too. I have been keeping my hair twisted or in two french braids. The sides aren't long enough to do one french braid going down the back. I haven't been measuring, but I know that if by the end of the year I can do one french braid or pull it into a curly puff without alot of gel and brushing, that I will have achieved alot. I hope it goes well for the rest of the ladies too!

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!
Okay. Here's my update from my touch-up on Tuesday. My hair grew 1.5 inches in 7 weeks!! My crown and front are the longest at 5.5 inches, and my sides are 4" and back 3.5". So taking an average here, I may well make my 12" within the year. I did not trim at the salon because I really don't need one - no splits at all

Regimen-wise, I have not been consistent with my vits this year, but I have an egg or two every day and am drinking alot of yummy carrot juice. I am conditioner washing 5/7 days with LUST and/or Humectress and trying to wrap at nite or sleep on a satin pillowcase.

And I am wearing my hair down this week, but since it is long enough for a decent "bun" now, it will be up until the next touch-up. That will be my next mini-challenge. Wish me luck ladies, and I hope you all do well too (just like our inspiration, DSD)...

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Kinikini, I am glad that I am inspiring a lot of people. I call myself a work in progress. I still have a long way to go.

As far as your update, girl that is won-der-ful!!! Keep up the good work.

Remember we have to stay constistant with our vits and regimens to do this "thang"

Happy Hair Growing!

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
I'm having a lot of trouble measuring my hair because it is so many different lengths due to my home trimming jobs for the last 3yrs. But yesterday in the shower I could reach behind my back and touch the ends of my hair (with shower spray straightening it out) and I know I couldn't do that the last time I tried which was Feb I think. It really has been growing faster since I've been using the Surge and I've also upped my protein intake as part of my fitness goals. I'm believe I will make my goal of 9inches between Dec 03 & Dec 04 counting trims.

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!
Thank you for the words of encouragement DSD

Jetcitygirl, I had to start measuring my hair somehow because it is difficult for me to see my own progress without pictures or measuring tapes/rulers. I am glad you can tell though.. whatever works, as long as it keeps growing!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Jetcitygirl, I know what you mean about measuring. I never do it right. I like to see my progress in pics anyway. That's why I take them all the time.

Good Luck making your goal!

Hi KiniKini!
I know we all need encouragement from time to time!

NubianAngel

My hair is now at shoulder length picked out!!!!!!!!

I decided not to press my hair to see it's length, but man I can tell its growing nicely, even thought I trimmed what seems like an inch last month.

deeplyrooted

congrats NubianAngel ! ! !

my hair is a little past shoulder length when fluffed out. i'm lovin' it. i really want bra strap length (when stretched) though.

[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:
My hair is now at shoulder length picked out!!!!!!!!

I decided not to press my hair to see it's length, but man I can tell its growing nicely, even thought I trimmed what seems like an inch last month.

[/ QUOTE ]

WaterMoccasin

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
How is everyone doing? In December my hair was about 15 inches from hairline to ends. By the end of this challenge I am supposed to be at 27 inches. Wow, when I look at it that way....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm....that is a good way to look at it! In Dec I was like 19 inches hairline to ends and supposed to be 31 inches hairline to ends by Dec '04 which = waist-length for me...

I know I've gained at least 2 inches since the challenge, but it's been at like the top and sides, not in the back, so I'm now only 19 1/2 or 20 inches hairline to ends instead of 21. So realistically, I doubt I will make 31 inches hairline to ends, but I'm glad my sides and crown areas are catching up! 8 more months...if I get 8 inches from now I'll be happy!
Time to step it up...

Isis

I'm joining in this challenge too! I'm curious to see what happens 12 months from now. The months sure are flying by!

LABETT

[ QUOTE ]
Vanessa22 said:
I know I'm late, but can I join this challenge, pullllease?????

I definitely want to be a part of this!

[/ QUOTE ]
Glad to have ya ABOARD and get to GROWING.