1/2" FLEXI ROD SET w/PIBBS (1st Time) PICS!!!

crlsweetie912

COOL! I might do a flexi set this weekend!
(I found my flexi's at a dollar store/bss in Baltimore for 2.99 per pack!) :yay: :yay:

ricochet

Pure perfection. I can't wait to see them separated! :)

ETA: Just checked out your fotki, beautiful flexi set!

Last edited:

Tiffchelle22

Beautiful! I love my flexirod sets, too. One thing I've learned to help the curls last longer is to put a hair net on it, and then a satin bonnet before bed. It really helps me with keeping them from getting smooshed, and usually I can wear mine for a week (if I just get lazy); by the end of the week, I pull it into a messy updo or something. I personally like my flexirods better than my curlformers. :yep:

SouthernTease

Beautiful! I love my flexirod sets, too. One thing I've learned to help the curls last longer is to put a hair net on it, and then a satin bonnet before bed. It really helps me with keeping them from getting smooshed, and usually I can wear mine for a week (if I just get lazy); by the end of the week, I pull it into a messy updo or something. I personally like my flexirods better than my curlformers. :yep:

Ditto on that... unless you have blunt ends...
curlformers don't really curl the ends...
they just hang there... they won't last
if you're a non trimmer like me...
let me show you what I mean...
Here are my ends with curlformers right after taking them out

Here are my ends with flexirods right after taking them out

mrsjohnson75

I always knew the flexirods give the same curl as the curlformers and they are way cheaper and easier to use. Your set is gorgeous!!

Tiffchelle22

Exactly the problem I have with the curlformers! I like my ends to be curled. BTW, I think you are my hair twin. My new growth looks so much like yours. I'm also transitioning without the BC, and you are my inspiration to keep it up long term. I am between APL and BSL, and I just cannot sacrifice length at this point. I am only 3 months into my transition, so I have a ways to go, but I haven't had any problems so far. Mostly I keep my hair in a bun or curly styles, although I sometimes flat iron it to wear it straight.

lunabelle

ITA, i didn't want to be a party pooper, but I always thought flexirods were better. I didn't like the straight ends with curlformers or all the manipulation with the pulling. Good decision returning those suckas

No longer carrying the remorse of
my curlformers purchase.
I know I hyped them up...
but you don't really need them.
I don't feel so bad about returning them
because I can accomplish the same thing
with my flexi rods...
Actually I think these will last longer than curlformers.
So today I used my fabulous PIBBS 514 for the first time
  • used 1/2" red flexi rods
  • set with end papers, Suave Tropical Coconut & ORS LOCK & TWIST GEL:yep:
  • sat under Pibbs for an hour @ 50 degrees and it was completely DRY!!! Amazing under my pink ION... it would take hours on HOT...
The red 1/2" SUPER ROLLERS aka FLEXI RODS aka HOT DOG ROLLERS
are $6.99/pack at Sally's... I used 45 of them (4 & 1/2 packs).

Now, the real challenge is...
how long will they last... stay tuned...
I will keep ya'll updated on how it looks after I've slept on it...
with pictures... that is if I can get through the night with them.
I'm a bad bad bad sleeper, but I'm pinning them up tonight...
we shall see...

Mystic

Your hair is simply beautiful. If I had your beautiful texture and curls, I would have never relaxed in the first place. Your hair is simply stunning.

prospurr4

Beautiful hair! Thanks for sharing your photos/tips. You've inspired me to do a spiral set this weekend. I don't have flexi rods so I'm just gonna use some 3/4" magnetic rollers w/covers.

I find that my spiral curls last longer if I first clip them up, cover with a thin hairnet, then add the bonnet. I can then workout, shower, whateva, and my set lasts the whole week....as long as I don't remove the net while hair is damp.

derbygurl

First off, your hair is beautiful! I brought some of these for my daughters hair for Easter and it turned out great. My question is how did you keep the ends of your hair on the rad without unraveling? Is it the paper? I had to bend the end of the flexirod around her hair in order to keep her ends from unraveling. How did you keep yours so perfect?

SouthernTease

First off, your hair is beautiful! I brought some of these for my daughters hair for Easter and it turned out great. My question is how did you keep the ends of your hair on the rad without unraveling? Is it the paper? I had to bend the end of the flexirod around her hair in order to keep her ends from unraveling. How did you keep yours so perfect?

End papers :yep: and wrap the ends three times before you
start spiraling up... I suggest watching this youtube video. They are kind of anti-end papers saying it's harder... i disagree... but that's just me overall an excellent tutorial.

SouthernTease

How did you maintain the curls overnight?

I stuck bobby pins through the middle of the curls...
kind of like a pin curl... it worked... oh btw...
I washed them out this morning not because
they didn't last... they looked pretty good...
I just got bored with them plus they make my hair
look really short and I don't like that too much.

Puddles

On Cloud 9
These pictures have sold me on buying the Flexi rods. I was going to buy the curlformers before seeing this thread.
Thanks girl.........your hair is soooooo pretty.

By the way.....did you put the gel all over your hair or just the ends?

Casarela

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 6 packs of flexirods that are still sealed to this day mmm I might try it w/o the pibbs tho. I dont have a blow dryer or a hard cap bonnet ***thinking if I should borrow that from my mommy*** girl you got me thinking !!

Rapunzel*

:wallbash: why didnt i look at the date. im thinking this is her first natural roller set. then i realized it was bumped lol