Ladies... What do you do after taking out braids?

Kamilla16

Well I've had small human hair braids for about a month and 2 weeks. I want to take them out in about 2 weeks before school starts. What do I need to do after I take my braids out as far as protein conditioners, when I can get a relaxer touch-up, etc...

Thanks in advance

NAY007

well i'm not a braids expert, i can only tell you what i do when i take out my alicia keys cornrows. i only keep them up to one week though. and that is long:) i take them out and then wash about 2-3 times with a clarifying shampoo. then i slather my hair with my deep conditioner, which is st. ives, but cholesterol is good too. i leave that on for a looong time. maybe mixed with some olive oil. then i rinse and let my hair airdry. this has always been working for me.

nay

phynestone

When you take out your braids, use a little braid sheen or leave-in conditioner to help them come out so you don't damage your hair as you unbraid. Don't wait until all of your braids are out to comb your hair. Comb each section of hair that has been unbraided as soon as the braid is taken out. Then, section your hair when all of the braids have been removed and comb it gently. Make sure all of the knots and tangles have been removed before you wash your hair. Deep condition your hair when you wash it. It may be a good idea to wait 2 weeks before you get a touch up b/c of all the stress your hair was placed under when it was braided. I hope this helps.

Stormy

Re: Ladies... What do you do after taking out brai

When I take my braids out I comb, shampoo, use Keraphix (or you can use whatever protein reconstructor you like), then I do a deep conditioning, rinse, then use a leave in conditioner or my spray moisturizer depending on how I'm wearing my hair (bun or twist out). I wear my bun or twist out for about 1-2 weeks then I relax my hair.

Snowflake2504

Hey, I have my hair braided too. I'll be taking them out next week. The first thing I usually do when I take my braids out is combing through my hair with a wide tooth comb.(you might have some flakes). Then i wash with a moisturizing shampoo, i use dove intensive moisture shampoo, then I do use a protein conditioner and sit under the dryer(with a shower cap) for 20-30 minutes. Then rinse with cold water. After this I use a moisturizing conditioner and sit under the dryer(with cap) for another 20-30 mintues. Rinse again. Towel blot a little. Then I apply a leave in and moisturize. You can let your hair air dry after this or use wrapping lotion to do a wrap, or roller set and sit under the dryer for a bit. As far a retouches you'll probably have to wait a week. I usually wait 2-3 weeks if i can. Hope this helps.

mocha105

While i was removing my cornrows, i misted them with distilled water. i gently detangled small sections of my hair using the shower comb. Once they were out, i shampooed my hair wit CoN, conditioned it, used a protein treatment, deep conditioned it, conditioned it again for good measure. After towel-drying i applied coconut oil to the roots, a leave-in and some profective breakfree on my strands. Then i spritzed some scurl and pulled back in a bun. The products didnt weigh my hair down or make it sticky but made it much softer n more mamageable to deal with. HTH

Nina_deF

When I take my braids out I untangle them as I take each one out and comb thru before I go to the next one.
I get in the shower, wet my hair and apply Motions CPR, leave it in for 10 minutes and then shampoo with CON and finish it off Motions conditioner and come thru before I rinse.