Relaxed 2 Natural Insanity Challenge 2014/2015/2016

bebezazueta

HELLO! :wave: I have 15 inches of relaxed hair and it's MBL! This is pure insanity. LOL! I can't wait to see my hair in all of its natural glory but I don't want to cut it all off at once. Are you with me? Then this challenge is for you! We are here to encourage each other, give advice, endure detangling sessions together, share strategies in the war of 2 textures, drool over each other's length checks and ultimately to complete this CREAMY CRACK REHAB program. It would be cool to have LTTM (long term transitioners mentors). So besides havilland who so graciously volunteered first, let me know who else we can uhm "volunteer" :look: oh and WELCOME! Please thank this post so that you can be added to this challenge. Also provide the following info and introduce yourself please. 1) last length check pic as a starting pic 2) number of weeks or months post relaxer 3) your transitioning mini chop plan 4) favorite transitioning hairstyle 5) your HG transitioning product (it could be a moisturizer, conditioner, etc) 6) your "planned" final mini chop and at how many weeks/months that will be when your transition has ended 7) your natural hair crush

Mentors: havilland ezina lulu97

Challengers: bebezazueta Nightingale sharifeh sharifeh so_stush Kim0105 EnExitStageLeft beauti xu93texas Cattypus1 AUDRAchannel naija24 dedicatedshopper dede1129

Last edited:

PureSilver

I'll be watching from the side-line, great challenge. I think strengthening treatments are excellent for those transitioning and it helps you to better manage your hair, protects it from damage and allows you to wear it straight and curly while going natural.

Good Luck and HHG ladies

sharifeh

yay! thanks for starting,
im just an indefinite stretcher , the T word is too serious for me :look: :lachen:

1) last length check pic as a starting pic- ok wow i hardly take hair pics but I'll post a pic
2) 16 weeks post
3) your transitioning mini chop plan- for now, flat iron it at the salon and at home rollerset, later on i'm planning to do a BKT or a BKT-like treatment, I'm looking into the design essentials treatment as well
4) favorite transitioning hairstyle- straight via the flat iron :look: i'm style challenged
5) your HG transitioning product (it could be a moisturizer, conditioner, etc)- don't have one yet
6) your "planned" final mini chop and at how many weeks/months that will be when your transition has ended- haven't thought this far ahead maybe August 2015 at 24 months?
7) your natural hair crush- i don't have one yet, should i find one on this board? or can it be anyone from google images? :rofl:

Last edited:

EnExitStageLeft

1) last length check pic as a starting pic

2) number of weeks or months post relaxer

As of Today (11/29/2013), I am 31 weeks post (1 week shy of 8 months post)

3) your transitioning mini chop plan

I plan to transition 2 1/2-3 years and maintain WL the entire time. Once I reach WL (my projected date to reach it is April 30th 2014) I will trim and maintain from there.

I plan to dust and/or trim every 8-10 weeks.

4) favorite transitioning hairstyle

Currently: A BUN!

5) your HG transitioning product (it could be a moisturizer, conditioner, etc)

My Slippy Rinsing Conditioner Mix.....BEST...DETANGLER...EVER!

6) your "planned" final mini chop and at how many weeks/months that will be when your transition has ended

2 1/2 (130 weeks)-3 years post (156 weeks)

7) your natural hair crush

@DoDo
@virtuenow
@Froreal3
AfricanExport on Youtube

They all have my dream texture :love:!

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
good luck ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you all have my unconditional support!

i started as a long term stretcher and didn't even admit i was transitioning until i had gone about a year and a half-ish without relaxing.....sometimes it helps not to admit it to yourself.

lawd knows if I can stop relaxing anyone can....I argued with Reneice for a year and turned down a year of free weave service from her because i did not want to stop relaxing. (yeah...i'm regretting that now!)

DO OR DIE! yall can do this!

so_stush

Thanks for the tag!!

No pics, but my hair is hovering around bra strap length.

Almost 2 years post

I'm on the tail end of my transition right now. I plan to chop sometime in the spring or the summer. Right now I'm just riding it out.

I started in braidouts then had to move to buns because my relaxed hair looked so pitiful hanging outlets the lush natural hair. Now that I have so much natural hair I alternate between buns and braid outs

Ummm. I love the Shea moisture shampoo! Still searching for a great cone free deep conditioner. Love Aubrey gpb though.

6) your "planned" final mini chop and at how many weeks/months that will be when your transition has ended
I'm thinking 2.5 years.

No one in particular. Love the Instagram curlies, though ;)

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
1) last length check pic - I don't have a recent one, but I'm at BSL

2) Weeks post - I'm 14 weeks post

3) transitioning mini chop plan - Trim straight ends @ 6 months post, then an inch of texturized hair every 3 months.

4) favorite transitioning hairstyle - Buns

5) your HG transitioning product-
a. Suave Naturals-rinse out conditioner
b. Essential Wholesale sulfate free shampoo
I need a leave in and moisturizer. I really want to try ITDF creme conditioner and marshmallow moisture balm.

6) your "planned" final mini chop - 2.5 years post, Feb 2016. 3 years if I'm really patient.

7) your natural hair crush - Naptural85, MahoganyCurls, some others I've forgotten.

Last edited:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I hope I still qualify because I'm using Chi, it doesn't straighten but it does strengthen and soften. It also seals the demarcation point. When it's flat ironed it feels and looks like cheating but when it's wet or air-dried it looks 20 weeks post.
1) last length check pic - image-1363307866.jpg
2) Weeks post - 20+
3) transitioning mini chop plan - Chi Enviro, regular trims 10-12 weeks as needed.
4) favorite transitioning hairstyle - not sure yet, I haven't been able to do anything with the three textures without blow drying and straightening first. I'm a work in progress.
5) your HG transitioning product - Chi Enviro straightener, Chi smoothing poo and conditioner, Chi Silk Infusion, PM Super Skinny, various good-for-your-hair-and-scalp oils. I'm new to Chi so I plan to incorporate my current stash of conditioners into my regi around my Chi products (Kanechom, Silk Dreams, Nairobi, Porosity Control and Silicon Mix along with my glycerin and AV juice-yes, Lawd, Product Junkie Extraordinaire!)
6) your "planned" final mini chop - July 2016
7) your natural hair crush - None just yet because I'm mostly in the relaxed/texlaxed threads. I'm sure they'll come.

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I'll volunteer to be a long term transitioning mentor. Next month will make 2 years that I've been relaxer free and in between that time, I've only trimmed maybe 2 to 3 inches. Sorry but I just can't part with my precious hair. I'll be transitioning forever...so long that in fact I don't even consider myself a transitioner cause at no point will I ever just chop off my hair. But I will be here for support and tips/tricks. Good luck all!

Kim0105

I feel like I keep going back and forth about this. I will be transitioning but not to natural; I'll be texturizing. With my lifestyle the way it is right now I feel I'll do more harm than good going natural. Right now I am 8+ weeks post and will touch up at 13 weeks. I installed braids last week and will keep them in another 3 weeks. Did order some yummy stuff I can't wait to try when they get here.

bebezazueta

I feel like I keep going back and forth about this. I will be transitioning but not to natural; I'll be texturizing. With my lifestyle the way it is right now I feel I'll do more harm than good going natural. Right now I am 8+ weeks post and will touch up at 13 weeks. I installed braids last week and will keep them in another 3 weeks. Did order some yummy stuff I can't wait to try when they get here.

Ok lady. Best wishes on your journey.

EnExitStageLeft

:hug2: Still stick around. I would like to follow your journey :yep:

dede1129

) last length check pic as a starting pic-BSL

See attached

28 weeks (7 months post)

keep hair twisted/briaded and trim before each install

in senegalese twist/braids consistently

African pride braid sheen for my scalp daily

7) your natural hair crush- Nont one in particular I just love big hair!

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 34
Oooh, what a great and timely challenge. Yesterday I was scrolling through instagram and noticed that a bunch of my fellow relaxed heads were sporting TWAs. I figured if they can do it, I definitely can but I have zero desire to cut off my relaxed hair right now. I consider this an indefinite stretch.

No pics, but my hair is about APL unstretched but the ends are crazy thin from postpartum shedding. I will try to take a pic next time I straighten.

23 weeks post

I haven't really figured it out. Up until yesterday I was planning to relax in time for Christmas. I am still getting my head around this. I would like to trim off an inch or so by the end of the year.

I alternate between one or two big cornrows or french braids and french twists or southern tease buns.

I am really enjoying Rusk Smoother leave in and of course my Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Repair is still fab.

Maybe 2-3 years will do it for me. I am planning to try for another baby either next year or the year after, so I'm sure dealing with two textures while pregnant will not be high on my list of fun things to do.

No one specific, but I love big beautiful curly hair.

freckledface

I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread... I'm so bored with my hair and have always though I'd look cool with a big red fro.

naija24

I'm gonna join. I want to be a straight haired APL natural but my bf hates short hair so I'm gonna transition.

attached photos! i had a .5-1.0 inch trim all over late December but the length is virtually the same.

Right now, I'm five weeks post.

I don't plan to chop or even think about minichopping until my natural hair is at least full neck length.

Braids. Set it and forget it!

Aussie products

I'd like to chop off all my relaxed ends when I am full collar bone length or APL in the back. So maybe spring 2015.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20131216_11.JPG
    Snapshot_20131216_11.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Snapshot_20131216_5.JPG
    Snapshot_20131216_5.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Snapshot_20131216.JPG
    Snapshot_20131216.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

ezina

I went 30 months into my transition before big chopping so I may know a thing or two. :)

EnExitStageLeft

Lesson Learned:

Protein was my Texlaxed hair's best friend and my natural hair likes it too. BUT my natural hair is a bit of a diva and needs moisture afterwards or I'll experience "stiff" hair for the remainder of the week.

I moisturized it really well. Hopefully it'll be its usual smooth self tomorrow. If not, I'm going to cowash and use my dynamic duo in terms of Leave ins: Bee mine Deja's hair milk topped w/ Bee Mine Luscious Balance Cream Moisturizer.

bebezazueta

Lesson Learned: Protein was my Texlaxed hair's best friend and my natural hair likes it too. BUT my natural hair is a bit of a diva and needs moisture afterwards or I'll experience "stiff" hair for the remainder of the week. I moisturized it really well. Hopefully it'll be its usual smooth self tomorrow. If not, I'm going to cowash and use my dynamic duo in terms of Leave ins: Bee mine Deja's hair milk topped w/ Bee Mine Luscious Balance Cream Moisturizer.

Good to know! Waiting on my komaza order to do a protein treatment. I'll make sure to follow up with a super slippery DC

bebezazueta

I guess I should check in since I decided to flat iron my hair after 2 years!

12/7 @ 14 weeks post. See pic below

14 weeks post

Straighten and mini chop 2 inches every quarter

Banana clip ponytail

V05 moisture milks sealed with Shea butter mix

I plan to final chop 7/15/2016 @ 35 months post! My 39 th birthday. Last year being in the 30s and I'm cutting up literally! LOL!

Longahirdontcare2011, naptural85

Attachments

• image-1581326281.jpg
    image-1581326281.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 45

freckledface

bebezazueta beautiful hair!!

And I'm throwing myself on you!! I'm about 10 weeks post myself and need someone to hold me accountable!! Lol. I want to see if I can make it to 6 months before I make any serious commitment. I'm so glad to see you're not too far in yourself. Having someone in the same stage as me will motivate me so much. Lets be friends please :grin:

(Sorry if I sound a lol creepy :blush:)