Has anyone tried any new moistrurisers lately???

Nanyanika

Autumn/winter is coming in swiftly...and i'm searching for some extra moisturising product to protect against the harsh weather, ahead. So far i tried World of curls activator mixed with coconut oil, for the first time today and i really love it so far...however i need to alternate sometimes, so what are you currently using to moisturise and protect the hair?

sareca

I recently tried Organic Root Simulator Carrot Oil Creme. I'm not crazy about the scent, but it's good stuff, easy to find, and not expensive.

bajanplums1

SerenityBreeze said:
I just bought Elasta QP's Mango Butter -- I really like it. It is heavy but not greasy.
Yes. I LOVE IT.

Also Keracare Foam Wrap and QP Recovery has been really good to my hair since it has been getting colder.

MzTami

Hellerrrr
At first, I didn't care for the EQP mango butter, but lately my hair has been dry and frizzy, and ORS moisturizing lotion wasn't doing it for me anymore. I revisted the EQP mango butter and I've being using it every since. But I am desperately looking for an all natural without parabens moisturizer.

Nanyanika

sareca said:
I recently tried Organic Root Simulator Carrot Oil Creme. I'm not crazy about the scent, but it's good stuff, easy to find, and not expensive.
yikes i tried that one, first it made my hair soft, hard then it broke my hair ends off.

Nanyanika

SerenityBreeze said:
I just bought Elasta QP's Mango Butter -- I really like it. It is heavy but not greasy.
I like it, i usually have to add it after applying a spray moisturiser or it'll make my hair feel drier.

Nanyanika

simplycee said:
Completely OT, but hey den! Glad to see ya back! :wave:

Thanks simplycee and Natrlchallenge, i'm afraid this is just a short visit though. I appeciate everyone's responses, cheers.

Last edited:

Nanyanika

mysweetevie said:
Welcome back Den! :wave:

I've been using Kemi oyl shea butter for three days and hate the smell. :down:
Thanks for the warm welcome, so the kemi oyl aint all that then!!!! hopefully i'll get a few more responses.

Mestiza

Hi, Den1! :wave: I'm very happy that you're back! You hair looks beautiful, as usual! :clapping:

Often, I use S-Curl spray to moisturize my hair.

carameldiva

It's not a new mix but i use a mixture of glycerin, water,and jamaica black castor oil or rosemary oil. I love hair too , it is very nice.

Nanyanika

monister said:
i use jane carter's nourish and shine and i love :love: it... Jane Carter Solution

monister
Thanks for posting the link, jane carter's products sounds good, i like the idea of the butters and natural oils for my hair, on many occasions i tried mixing my own butters but it never came out the correct consistency and balance of ingredients, i may purchase a professional brand instead.

Nanyanika

Mestiza said:
Hi, Den1! :wave: I'm very happy that you're back! You hair looks beautiful, as usual! :clapping:

Thanks for the compliments mestiza, s-curl is an oldie but goodie of mine, i replaced it with my homemade concoction, i've been tempted to try it again see what is does on my transitioing mane.

Mestiza

Originally Posted by Mestiza

den1 said:
Thanks for the compliments mestiza, s-curl is an oldie but goodie of mine, i replaced it with my homemade concoction, i've been tempted to try it again see what is does on my transitioing mane.

YW! If you don't mind, could you share your homemade concoction w/ us? I searched for it, but, couldn't find it. TIA! :)

ETA: I just saw it!

Last edited:

Nanyanika

carameldiva said:
It's not a new mix but i use a mixture of glycerin, water,and jamaica black castor oil or rosemary oil. I love hair too , it is very nice.
carameldiva oh MY MIX, IS SIMILAR TO YOURS.

I don't mind sharing my cocontion with you METIZA, i add de-ionized water, into a jug then add glycerin, vo5 creamy fresh peaches conditioner, coconut oil, rosewater) i don't know the exact measurement (i usually add lots of conditioner and glycerin)you can add more of the water based ingredients to lighten the constitency if you like) anyway, i add the mixture to my empty s-curl bottle give it a good shake to blend in ingredients, and its ready for use. i use it as a detangler and moisturiser, its one of the best i've used so far.

Mestiza

den1 said:
carameldiva oh MY MIX, IS SIMILAR TO YOURS.

I don't mind sharing my cocontion with you METIZA, i add de-ionized water, into a jug then add glycerin, vo5 creamy fresh peaches conditioner, coconut oil, rosewater) i don't know the exact measurement (i usually add lots of conditioner and glycerin)you can add more of the water based ingredients to lighten the constitency if you like) anyway, i add the mixture to my empty s-curl bottle give it a good shake to blend in ingredients, and its ready for use. i use it as a detangler and moisturiser, its one of the best i've used so far.

Thank you, Den1! My hair loves VO5 Peaches & Cream Conditioner! Your recipe is "must try, soon" for me! :yep: