New Viviscal Extra Strength

jprayze

Anyone picking it up?

It has 50% more of the AminoMarTM Marine Complex...plus they added biotin and iron. (900 mg of the AminoMarTM Marine Complex for 2 tablets daily)

ETA info from email they sent:

We are so excited to introduce you to the new and improved Viviscal Extra Strength! This new formulation has 50% MORE of the active ingredient, AminoMar™. We've also added new ingredients Biotin, Iron, Zinc and Millet Seed- all fundamental to the growth of healthy hair.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
jprayze

Did they say how much it is? I have about a 6 month Supply of the 'previous' Extra Strength.

I said I would make at least a 1 year committment to Viviscal.

Flawlis1

I currently take the previous extra strength formula and have seen really good results.... I may try the new formula once I finish what I already have.... Thanks for the info.

jprayze

IDareT'sHair said:
jprayze

Did they say how much it is? I have about a 6 month Supply of the 'previous' Extra Strength.

I said I would make at least a 1 year committment to Viviscal.

49.99 a pack and I didn't see the 3 pack discount! :-(

jprayze

[USER=202424]LovelyLouboutin[/USER] said:
Did they add something so that your nails don't get weak and peel?

Did you have trouble with your nails while using it?

jprayze

[USER=101143]Flawlis1[/USER] said:
I currently take the previous extra strength formula and have seen really good results.... I may try the new formula once I finish what I already have.... Thanks for the info.

How long have you been taking them? Your hair looks great!

SEMO

I've always been curious about Viviscal (since they temporarily discontinued my beloved Nioxin). But the price always made me hesitate a bit. Have any of you ladies also tried Nioxin? I'd be interested in a comparison between the two. Currently I'm taking GNC hair, skin and nails (and have recently added a separate iron pill).

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
SEMO

Yes, I've tried them both. I used Nioxin for a good while.

I think you'll be very pleased with the Viviscal. It may be a tad better than Nioxin. I am about 3 months in.

We had an 11% Discount on a 3 pack, which brought it down to like $88.00 (or something like that) instead of $99.00.

SEMO

IDareT'sHair

Better than Nioxin? That is tempting indeed. The thing I liked best about Nioxin was how it decreased my shedding. It's the only thing I find myself missing w/ the GNC HS&N (and is why I've added an iron pill, to see if it helps).

I've been taking the GNC almost two months and recently purchased another 60 day bottle, to prevent any continuity lapses. But when that's done, I may give Viviscal a try (esp. if the new Nioxin is not back on the market).

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
SEMO

I think you'll really like the Viviscal just as much. I've been very pleased with them.:yep:

I had Country Life Maxi Hair (in between using Nioxin)

I have a couple bottles of HairOmega I haven't opened and a bottle of Shen-Min *never tried either of these* ended up subbing Visvical before I could get to either of those.

I did like the Country Life Maxi Hair.

I'd like to stick with Viviscal.

SEMO

IDareT'sHair

Thanks again for all the info. I had actually considered switching from the GNC and starting up on Country Life Maxi Hair. But I decided that I would give the GNC another 60 days, to give it a fair shot. And I wanted to see if adding iron would change my results.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like the GNC vitamins. It's strengthened my nails quite a bit, my skin is softer and I actually believe it's given me a good bit of accelerated growth. But since I'm WL and am past trying for any particular length goal, the biggest thing I'm wanting is to thicken my hair. So I'm looking for things that will reduce my shedding and help towards that goal.

jprayze

Also from email--To celebrate our all NEW Viviscal we're offering our most valuable customers a one time offer of

15% OFF
All orders of 3 months supply or more- limited time only!

Order the 3 months supply and Use code: NLENOV and balance is 101.

image-3095394493.jpg

jprayze

^^I didn't order yet y'all...just put it in my cart for an example lol

Got my check from my part time job today and its very tempting though!

This is more AminoMar than Viviscal Professional (700).

bluediamond0829

I love Viviscal this is the only vitamin that I go back to and use regularly. For one they are much smaller then any other vitamin that I've came across...

D.Lisha

This stuff seems sooooo tempting since Nioxin has been discontinued, I'm placing my order on Thursday fo sho!!!!

jprayze

LovelyLouboutin said:
YES!!!!! They got very very weak and brittle and they kept peeling.

Wow! I haven't had any problems with my nails, but I've only been taking it a few weeks.

Flawlis1

jprayze said:
How long have you been taking them? Your hair looks great!

I'm on my 5th month of taking them daily.... And they really do work. I first tried them 13 years ago after reading that supermodels use them to speed up growth from getting short haircuts, back then they were $78.00 a box.

yynot

Where you all ordering this from?

ETA: oh I see, directly from their website

Last edited:

Flawlis1

I buy mine at Wal-Greens, it's so much more convenient than ordering online. Sometimes it's on sale for$39.99 but usually it's $49.99

BlackHairDiva

I'm on my 5th month of taking them daily.... And they really do work. I first tried them 13 years ago after reading that supermodels use them to speed up growth from getting short haircuts, back then they were $78.00 a box.

How much growth did you get per month? I was on nioxin and its now discontinued. Im looking for something that would give me the same growth rate( 2 inches per month). I also if it stops shedding?

Final question, when you stopped taking viviscal did you hair start to shed??? any side effects?

Im thinking of jumping on the viviscal wagon...I like that it will work the hair growth and health inside out....many in here are growing back bald spots & edges...I like what I hear ... :yep: On the other hand, Nioxin is coming out with their new vitamins early next year. Im still a bit torn between both brands.

Last edited:

QTPie

Flawlis1, is the new Extra Strength formula available at Walgreens, or just the original (I've bought the original one there before).

From my comparison, there is less AminoMar ingredient (450 mg) in the new formula than the original (which is 600 mg). Are they being misleading by saying it's now 50% more or am I missing something?

Last edited:

Flawlis1

QTPie said:
Flawlis1, is the new Extra Strength formula available at Walgreens, or just the original (I've bought the original one there before).

From my comparison, there is less AminoMar ingredient (450 mg) in the new formula than the original (which is 600 mg). Are they being misleading by saying it's now 50% more or am I missing something?

The one I buy is extra strength with 600 mg of the AminoMarC ingredient. The original formula back in the day only contained 300 mg of the AminoMarC.

Flawlis1

BlackHairDiva said:
How much growth did you get per month? I was on nioxin and its now discontinued. Im looking for something that would give me the same growth rate( 2 inches per month). I also if it stops shedding?

Final question, when you stopped taking viviscal did you hair start to shed??? any side effects?

Im thinking of jumping on the viviscal wagon...I like that it will work the hair growth and health inside out....many in here are growing back bald spots & edges...I like what I hear ... :yep: On the other hand, Nioxin is coming out with their new vitamins early next year. Im still a bit torn between both brands.

It has helped to thicken and grow my hair.... I dont measure the exact inches in growth so I cant give u a number. My hair has been shedding alot since last year, the Viviscal has NOT seemed to help with that much.

jprayze

QTPie said:

I thought the same thing! I called the company and they said each tablet is 450 mg, but the way it looks on the website it looks like the total serving service (2 tablets) is 450. I told them that they need to update their website because it is not stated correctly.

LaidBak

I can't mess with this new version. Biotin makes my face breakout. Avoiding biotin is the whole reason I take Viviscal in the first place. I do like Viviscal and will probably always take it.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
This is good info ladies!! I've been waiting since forever for Nioxin to get it together but they keep extending the release date. I had awesome results while on them. I've been taking GNC women's ultra-hair for a few months and bought more during their $5 sale. I will be purchasing a 3 month supply of the Viviscal next week.