Komaza Care HAIR ANALYSIS Service - Rave!

coyacoy

Happy Saturday Divas!

So, I took the plunge and purchased the Komaza Care (KC) hair analysis service a couple of weeks ago. The cost was $65 bucks; and it was worth every penny!

If anyone's read my posts over the past several months, then you might recall that I've been having issues with splits and mid strand splits. I've tried everything you can imagine to resolve including trimming. I have since gotten somewhat of a handle on the issue, but moving forward wanted to make sure that I have "assessed" my hair correctly (i.e. type, extent of splits, porosity). I wanted to make sure that my efforts to maintain healthy strands will be targeted and specific to my hair and not based on my best guess or assumption.

So, on to the hair analysis experience! This is how it works - you purchase the hair analysis service online and they send you three things: a questionnaire about your hair care practices and two stamped envelopes - one for now and one for later.

You send in a clean sample of your most recent shed hairs along with the completed questionnaire in one of the stamped envelopes. They email you when they have received it (KC has excellent customer service) and ask you to set up a dropbox.com account so that when they call you (w/in 7 business days of receipt), they can walk you through the microscopic images of your hair and explain the analysis results.

I received my call last night. She spent an entire hour on the phone with me explaining each one of the 11 images in full detail; and answered all of my questions thoroughly. She then summarized all the analysis data (including that from our conversation), guidance and recommendations for healthy hair (internal and external practices) into separate documents for my reference.

I have full access to the slides and can save or move them where ever I would like.

I learned that I have VERY high porosity hair - not on the lower side as I had previously believed.

I learned that overall my hair is in excellent shape (she actually showed me the coolest slide that captured the "kink" in a perfectly healthy strand - that was kind of cool).

I learned that even though my hair is healthy overall, I do indeed still have some trimming to do. She recommended an amount and timeframe to do so. She was able to assess the timeframe in which she believed the damage occurred based on the current location and as compared to the state of the rest of the strand(s) - which was a huge help in my getting closer to an accurate assessment of what specific hair care practices cause damage for me. This was something that has been an ongoing concern - if I'm not sure what caused it, how can I ensure I don't cause it again?

She was able to provide so very much insight into the state of my hair; including exactly how far up the hair strand she could begin to see some weakness.

I received feedback on my current vitamin intake as well as my current hair care reggie - including products! And she did not at all try to push products - as a matter of fact, she suggested I eliminate one of the KC products I had been using from my reggie based on my hair's needs.

Overall, it was such a wonderful experience and well worth the money. I just wanted to pass this along - especially if you have been struggling and can't quite get a handle on things to your satisfaction. This is worthwhile service.

HTH and HHG!!

Blessings :yep:

ETA: i forgot to add that in 3 months, I am supposed to mail in a second hair sample (assumably after having implemented their recommendations) using the 2nd envelope in the original package. They will then do a second assessment and call me again with those results!!!

Last edited:

faithVA

Thanks coyacoy. This sounds like something that would be helpful to me. All of the guessing has not been working for me and I'm just going in circles.

coyacoy

Thanks @coyacoy. This sounds like something that would be helpful to me. All of the guessing has not been working for me and I'm just going in circles.

hi @faithVA - that is how i felt....i had tried so much! some stuff worked, some didn't- felt like it was a moving target....i just wanted something a little more concrete. you may find out, like i did, that it is a very specific and minor issue causing you angst and that overall your hair is in great health. the potential redux in stress level just from that little tidbit of information was worth the analysis, lol. even if not, though, knowing is 1/2 the battle!!

please do let me know if you decide to take advantage of the service and please share your results! Thinking good hair thoughts for you :yep:

mamaore

faithVA please let u sknow if you eventually decide to try out this product.
coyacoy do you know if they offer this service internationally? I'm in Canada. I would love to try this out in the future

coyacoy

Hi mamaore....sorry I'm not sure if they ship to canada...but here is the website address where I'm sure you can ask them it's www.komazacarehair
I sure hope they do because this service is seriously helpful....good luck! :)

Last edited:

faithVA

I will let you know if I do try it. Right now I am doing the conditioner only method. I am currently on week 6. When i get to week 10, I will decide whether I will get an analysis. I want to give this a try for a few more weeks.

chocolat79

I actually purchased the package, but I haven't mailed it in yet. I'll be doing that tomorrow. Thank you for reminding me!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
hi @faithVA - that is how i felt....i had tried so much! some stuff worked, some didn't- felt like it was a moving target....i just wanted something a little more concrete. you may find out, like i did, that it is a very specific and minor issue causing you angst and that overall your hair is in great health. the potential redux in stress level just from that little tidbit of information was worth the analysis, lol. even if not, though, knowing is 1/2 the battle!!

please do let me know if you decide to take advantage of the service and please share your results! Thinking good hair thoughts for you :yep:

coyacoy - what was the specific/minor issue causing your mid shaft splits and high porosity?

coyacoy

@coyacoy - what was the specific/minor issue causing your mid shaft splits and high porosity?
@Poohbear - it was that I had not been using enough protein; and had not trimmed high enough up my strands. During my last trim, if i would have moved up just about about another 1/4 of an inch, i would have gotten them all. She was able to show me in the slides where she could see my last trim; and you could see that the growth thereafter just looked liked fringes - all spread out because I cut in the middle (so to speak) of the split and did not cut if off entirely. She also showed me where my strands were just beginning to get weak; and helped me understand that I really should not be going even a week without protein. I was doing protein every other week. HTH :)

ETA: I should add that it was this issue that was causing the tangling and breakage - which is what has been causing me the angst. And that based on the timeline she estimated that the damage occured, i believe it was also caused by using combs with seams on my already weakened hair. Once the cuticle lifted it would have made it very easy for the seams to begin snagging and ultimately causing my hair to peel away from the strand

Last edited:

coyacoy

If anyone decides to purchase this service; or any of their products for the first time, here is my customer referral code VTWQCXMP to use please - thanks.

JBunnie

coyacoy, thanks a million times for this! I looked at it on their website and I'm really considering do this. I just wonder if you could get something like this done at a dermatologist office as well. I can get really impatient.

chocolat79, when you get you analysis back will you share your thoughts with us too please?

faithVA

@Poohbear - it was that I had not been using enough protein; and had not trimmed high enough up my strands. During my last trim, if i would have moved up just about about another 1/4 of an inch, i would have gotten them all. She was able to show me in the slides where she could see my last trim; and you could see that the growth thereafter just looked liked fringes - all spread out because I cut in the middle (so to speak) of the split and did not cut if off entirely. She also showed me where my strands were just beginning to get weak; and helped me understand that I really should not be going even a week without protein. I was doing protein every other week. HTH :)

ETA: I should add that it was this issue that was causing the tangling and breakage - which is what has been causing me the angst. And that based on the timeline she estimated that the damage occured, i believe it was also caused by using combs with seams on my already weakened hair. Once the cuticle lifted it would have made it very easy for the seams to begin snagging and ultimately causing my hair to peel away from the strand

Wow, that is very specific. I will definitely purchase this mid July. I will keep you ladies up to date.

My Friend

@coyacoy, thanks a million times for this! I looked at it on their website and I'm really considering do this. I just wonder if you could get something like this done at a dermatologist office as well. I can get really impatient.

@chocolat79, when you get you analysis back will you share your thoughts with us too please?

Dermatology is the branch of medicine dealing with the skin and its diseases.

Most Derms dont care about growing hair they determine if something is wrong with the scalp that is preventing hair growth.

coyacoy

JBunnie.... you are so welcome! Let us know if you try it :)

Re: using a derm...if you can find one that offers this service you may want to make sure they have expertise w/African-american hair

Good luck!

JBunnie

coyacoy I might do some searching for a derm that has that experience, if they in fact can provide those services. If not I will definitely do the Komaza and share with you all my experience!

faithVA

[USER=355437 said:
JBunnie[/USER];16249453]@coyacoy, thanks a million times for this! I looked at it on their website and I'm really considering do this. I just wonder if you could get something like this done at a dermatologist office as well. I can get really impatient.

@chocolat79, when you get you analysis back will you share your thoughts with us too please?

By the time you find one, make an appointment and get the labwork back you could probaby have purchased it, sent it in and gotten the answers back. Just a possibility.

faithVA

I just ordered mine.

ETA:
Adding dates fyi for others.

Ordered: 6/25
Shipped: 6/27
Rcvd: 6/28
Mailed Back: 6/30
Email of Receipt: 7/10/2012
Email - Analysis Complete/Scheduled Review: 7/16/2012
Phone Consultation: 7/17/2012

Last edited:

BlaqBella

Sorry if I missed this, but does anyone know if this can be eval. can be used for relaxed hair? TIA. Trying to find ways to help my cousin.

faithVA

[USER=355437 said:
JBunnie[/USER];16249453]@coyacoy, thanks a million times for this! I looked at it on their website and I'm really considering do this. I just wonder if you could get something like this done at a dermatologist office as well. I can get really impatient.

Now I'm impatient :lol: Why can't the envelope be there tonight :ohwell:

coyacoy

faithVA said:
Now I'm impatient :lol: Why can't the envelope be there tonight :ohwell:

Lol...i know the feeling....i got my envelope after work one day and had it in the mail back to them the next day! I was literally counting the days