What should I do about my underprocessed relaxer?

Dale

The back right section of my hair is underprocessed(I think). I think its underprocessed b/c it looks like a dry jherri curl(after air drying) at the end.
From the scalp it starts out straight like a regular relaxed state and then the last inch or so looks like a jherri curl. Thats the best way to describe without a pic

The rest of my hair is straight and smooth, looks fine. I had a pixie cut in january and then started growing out the cut. I did the first few relaxers myself(big mistake obviously) and I tried to protect my ends my using oil and vaseline. It has resulted in tragedy.

My hair type is 4a/b and it never acted this way before. I don't like this look at all. I never noticed this condition until now b/c I was wearing braids and twistouts. I also stopped hot curling. I decided to just rollerset after my last relaxer(12/2) and thats when I noticed this condition. The front of my hair is bouncy and rollerset comes out beautiful. But the back just looks dry and crimpy not smooth at all.

What should I do? Is it necessary to cut the back again like when i had the pixie. What about just putting a relaxer on the ends again? Has anybody ever done that and not had exstensive damage?

tryn2growmyhair

Dale said:
The back right section of my hair is underprocessed(I think). I think its underprocessed b/c it looks like a dry jherri curl(after air drying) at the end.
From the scalp it starts out straight like a regular relaxed state and then the last inch or so looks like a jherri curl. Thats the best way to describe without a pic

The rest of my hair is straight and smooth, looks fine. I had a pixie cut in january and then started growing out the cut. I did the first few relaxers myself(big mistake obviously) and I tried to protect my ends my using oil and vaseline. It has resulted in tragedy.

My hair type is 4a/b and it never acted this way before. I don't like this look at all. I never noticed this condition until now b/c I was wearing braids and twistouts. I also stopped hot curling. I decided to just rollerset after my last relaxer(12/2) and thats when I noticed this condition. The front of my hair is bouncy and rollerset comes out beautiful. But the back just looks dry and crimpy not smooth at all.

What should I do? Is it necessary to cut the back again like when i had the pixie. What about just putting a relaxer on the ends again? Has anybody ever done that and not had exstensive damage?

I would personally go to a professional that you trust and have them re-relax that section of your hair. Make sure that you trust them though and go to a hairdresser as opposed to a hairmesser.

Dale

Thanks for helping me out with this situation. I think i'll just wait until after new years and then go to a hairdresser to re-relax. I'm so upset about this b/c I tried my best this year to have a nice head of hair and I really thought all was well.