Am I underprocessed?

S.O.S.

:ohwell: I need some help ladies. I think my stylist underprocessed my hair. I am away in college and looking for a stylist. My friends were raving about this lady that does their hair and their hair always looks so nice. So I made an appointment and she seemed nice and knowledgable about hair. She puts the relaxer on my hair then proceeds to rinse it out. She does the usual routine when getting a touch-up except she really didn't smooth the roots. All my other stylist comb through or throughly smooth the roots. As she is washing out my relaxer she remarks about how wavy my hair is. My hair has never been wavy. I have 4a/b hair. I was surprised when she didn't flat ironed my hair. She just bent the ends of my hair with the curling iron. When I was leaving I ran my fingers through my hair and noticed that my roots weren't really straight like I'm used to when I get a touch- up. After I washed my hair for the first time I noticed that my roots were wavy. I asked my roomate to take a look at the back of my hair and she remarked it looked natural like I had never had relaxer. The lady also told me that all hair does not relax straight. Is that true? I don't know what to do with my hair my edges and sides are straight while the middle looks wavy. Will the underprocessed hair break off? Is my hair damged for good? I hate to think that all my hard work is gone down the drain. Sorry this is so long! Any suggestions?

sareca

I'm sorry you're not happy with your relaxer. Some ladies have breakages w/ multiple textures, but I usually don't.

I have two textures now. I'm texlaxed (intentionally underprocessed) and 8 months post relaxer. I don't have breakage. Just because you're underprocessed doesn't automatically mean breakage. Make sure you're gently around the DL and I'd invest in some pure light proteins to add to your regular conditions.