OFFICIAL Half-Wig Thread (Gallery & Info)

pookaloo83

Ok so....are half-wigs supposed to be thin? I am afraid to wear her out of the house.

I bought Outre Lilly. She is cute but I'm doing something wrong with putting her on even though I've watched a million YT videos and read through the wig threads. She doesn't fit on my head tight enough and I have a big head. I did the strappy thing in the back too. Hmm. I'm going to purchase another one in a different style and see if it's just this particular wig or if half-wigs are just not for me.

Not the greatest pic of her curls but it's all I have

On a happy note, DH loves it. :yep:

I like it. :yep:

naturalwomann67

my first time sporting a half wig...i'm hooked! can't really blend with my twa, so i wave it down to my head with some eco gel and use a really thin, elastic headband to cover the wigline.

Outre Latosha
1B/30

Attachments

• me curly 1.13.11.JPG
    me curly 1.13.11.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Junebug D

The ever-popular Outre Ashley. Yeah I have new growth, so what! :look: Me + heat = bad. Me + gel = worse. :lol:

Last edited:

Mystic

I have worn half wigs for a long time; helped me to APL but now I have to find a new style and I have no idea what I am going to do because I do not want to wear my hair out. The sides where I place the half wig is now bald. I know it was getting thinner but I was heartbroken when I saw how broken off the sides and nape is. Its too humiliating to post any pics right now. I am in a nurturing mode because of this terrible setback but admiring the beautiful styles regretting that my scalp is so sensitive. ***cry, cry***.

SelfStyled

I have worn half wigs for a long time; helped me to APL but now I have to find a new style and I have no idea what I am going to do because I do not want to wear my hair out. The sides where I place the half wig is now bald. I know it was getting thinner but I was heartbroken when I saw how broken off the sides and nape is. Its too humiliating to post any pics right now. I am in a nurturing mode because of this terrible setback but admiring the beautiful styles regretting that my scalp is so sensitive. ***cry, cry***.

Aww Mystic- that STINKS! Full wigs will take my hairline out, so I understand. Do you think it was the wig itself that cause the thinning? Or could have been maybe pressure from a headband or something.

Also- did you wear half wigs as your only protective style.?

Hmm...other styles you could wear, buns, frenchbraids, updos, bananna clips, phony ponies- there's lots of things you can do.

Mystic

Thanks SelfStyled:sad:. I mostly use the halfwig with the drawstring in the back and the breakage is exactly in the stops (sides and nape) where the wig is placed. I do not draw it tight but my scalp is very sensitive so the constant placing of the wig in the same spots broke it off pretty badly at the scalp. I wore it as a protective style for probably 1.5 years. Buns, frenchbraids, updos, bananna clips, phony ponies doesn't look good on my face especially when I do my wash and goes:nono:. The half wig was da bomb but I have to come up with a different style in order to let my scalp heal and grow - sucks!!

Aww Mystic- that STINKS! Full wigs will take my hairline out, so I understand. Do you think it was the wig itself that cause the thinning? Or could have been maybe pressure from a headband or something.

Also- did you wear half wigs as your only protective style.?

Hmm...other styles you could wear, buns, frenchbraids, updos, bananna clips, phony ponies- there's lots of things you can do.

Jetblackhair

my first time sporting a half wig...i'm hooked! can't really blend with my twa, so i wave it down to my head with some eco gel and use a really thin, elastic headband to cover the wigline.

Outre Latosha
1B/30

Latosha looks great on you, very natural! This was my first curly half wig and I wore this style for a long time.

LaToya28

My MIL bought me Freetress Kara Girl. I haven't worn her out yet, but I think she's a keeper. She's very big and I have a small head so a lot of fingercombing wasn't necessary...very easy!

Tiye

Ok so....are half-wigs supposed to be thin? I am afraid to wear her out of the house.

I bought Outre Lilly. She is cute but I'm doing something wrong with putting her on even though I've watched a million YT videos and read through the wig threads. She doesn't fit on my head tight enough and I have a big head. I did the strappy thing in the back too. Hmm. I'm going to purchase another one in a different style and see if it's just this particular wig or if half-wigs are just not for me.

Not the greatest pic of her curls but it's all I have

On a happy note, DH loves it. :yep:

They don't have a bulky look like regular full weaves and wigs so they are comparatively thinner but that also makes them look more natural imo.

Sorry that happened. If you want to keep wearing wigs maybe use hair pins or a few stitches to secure them. Avoid the combs.

My MIL bought me Freetress Kara Girl. I haven't worn her out yet, but I think she's a keeper. She's very big and I have a small head so a lot of fingercombing wasn't necessary...very easy!

Pretty :).

andyjack

I never thought I'd wear a wig but I got inspired after reading this thread. I ordered Outre's Polly and Model's Malibu Twist and I'm already making a list of the wigs I want to buy next.

kroeskop

I am a natural with 4c ( more like 4 g Hair texture) and after pulling enough on Morning Glory by Glance it seemed to work well. Any other suggestion for kinky textured hair - wigs that would blend well, is also much appreciated :)

Attachments

• glance morning glory.jpg
    glance morning glory.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

NaturalLibra

k so this is my first half wig it's the amy-2020 by aviance. after i got it i pulled it out to look closer to my texture, which worked a little too well and it got really(like, comically) huge. so i played with it and I think its finally how i want it.

blackberry815

So is there a 2012 official half wig thread...can someone start one please. Just starting out with half wigs and I'm gonna study this thread..

ctosha

I'm in Toronto and would like to know when some of you order half wigs are there any site/company recommendations? Iam looking specifically for a half wig by Free Tress called Runway (or Runaway) girl, called some BSS's here and they didn't have it. Saw this youtube vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Koj7JmT2DsY&feature=relmfu
she blended it so well but I would get the colour black.