What vendors are we leaving in 2013? Who are we bringing with us into the New Year?

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Re: What vendors are we leaving in 2013? Who are we bringing with us into the New Yea

DoDo my Hair Dew that I purchased recently has olive squalane. I think the labels are misprinted on your bottle, because the bottle I have has sticker it. I'll try to take a pic...BRB

MayaNatural

2014 Vendors
**Aveyou**- Darcy's Botanicals, Curl Junkie and Camille Rose.
Naturally Amari- I love her customer service and Fenugreek!! I want to try more products soon.
BelNouvo
WEN Fig and 613
Silk Dreams
Shea Moisture
KeraVada
Texture Me Naturals

Goodbye 2013
Curl Mart- they handled a situation I had with excellent customer service but I received spoiled Oyin Hair Dew and my replacement is starting to smell already!! I purchased the end of November during their last sale. :nono:
Hairitage Hydration
Naturelle Grow

Last edited:

Pompous Blue

Re: What vendors are we leaving in 2013? Who are we bringing with us into the New Yea

OT: How did you know to order these things? I mean I want to try the popular ones (bask, Oyin, etc.) but I don't know what specifically to get. How did you decide what to order and from whom?
Holla

Basically word of mouth.....

The Vendor forum is full of individual threads for the various vendors.

Also, this thread is useful in finding new vendors and products.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=649837

Reviews of their various products are included in the threads in addition to customer service, shipping times, etc.

Pompous Blue

@PJaye
@myronnie

I regularly patronized beautyofnewyork for years until I received a package that contained a damaged product that had spilled its contents all over the box. I immediately contacted them and was transferred to the owner, a rather apathetic Asian man, who adamantly declared the damage to be an impossibility since they wrap their items in those plastic UPS envelopes. The man boldly insinuated that I was trying to get over for a bottle of Porosity Control. After trying to reason with him for several minutes, he “relented” by demanding that I email him pictures of the broken product and spillage before processing my claim. He further stated that USPS would have to reimburse him first before I could receive any recompense. I was floored. Since my years of patronage meant nothing to him, I took my business elsewhere.

Later, I learned the site to be an online extension of an Asian BSS, which served to explain the owner’s behavior and seal their coffin. I absolutely refuse to give them any of my money.

Curlmart pulled a similar stunt except they demanded that I submit pictures of the box’s measurements before taking my claims seriously. They’re dead to me, too.
Thank you for the info about beautyofnewyork. I did not know they were an Asian BSS. Although I have not ordered from them in years, this let's me know never to order from them!

I picked up a pkg from hattache.com 12/31/13 (USPS.) A glass jar had broken/spillage everywhere. Sent them an email with 2 pictures. I got a shipping notice New Year's Day. Replacement product received 2 days later. No fuss; no muss!!!
@DoDo

Qhemet lost me as a customer during the sale-no sale fiasco. Oyin, while having great shipping and customer service, has only one product my hair likes - the Hair Dew. Try as I may, I just cannot tolerate the smell of it. It grosses me out something fierce, so I have to let it go.
They lost me then, too. This presented an opportunity to try other vendors and I found out Qhemet was not the best for my hair and wasn't doing it any good. Before ordering the Aethiopika Hydrate & Twist Butter
during her Cyber Monday sale, I had not ordered from her for a couple of years. The butter is the only thing from her line of products that works for my hair. But I won't die if I can't get it. Probably will only order it during a very good sale.

oneastrocurlie

Stays:
PBN
Komaza
Curlmart - only place I can get Elucence, I'll try alternatives for CR and Oyin will be in Target soon
Bobeam
BASK

Out:
Hairitage Hydration
Obia
Ynobe - I haven't ordered in a while actually but her stuff smells too earthly for me and I see she does the shipping trick
Texture Me Natural - unless I'm wowed, this will be a one time purchase.

g.lo

Taking all of mine in 2014:

-qhemet
-komaza
-Aveyou
-naturelle grow
-kizuri
-British culies (curly emporium)

Prettiib

Bringing:
Bask
Qhemet
Kizuri Beauty
Darcy's Botanicals
Ouidad
TGIN
Hattache
Happy Nappy Honey

Leaving Behind:
Soultanicals
Kurlee Belle
Hairitage Hydration

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me

Komaza is in my life to stay.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Keeping:
Silk Dreams
Darcy's Botanicals
Bask Beauty
Naturelle Grow
Perfect Blends
Keravada
Pura Body Naturals
Komaza
Bobeam

Leaving:
Hoodrat Hydrations

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

reeko43

Keeping:

Bobeam
Vitacost
My on ground stores

TBD:
Silk Dreams
Darcy's from Curlmart

-just got their products but haven't tried yet. Shipping was fast from SD and Curlmart

When hell freezes over:
Hairitage Hydration

felic1

Poor HH. I was looking at my HH containers last night. I will use up my cloud and other jar items. I enjoyed her items. I only wished that they had come in bigger containers. Too bad......

Beany

Poor HH. I was looking at my HH containers last night. I will use up my cloud and other jar items. I enjoyed her items. I only wished that they had come in bigger containers. Too bad......

HH will be fine. There are still members who will patronize and haul hard from her. I have no sympathy for HH.

Last edited:

ronie

In
Shescentit
Komaza
Bask
Kreyol Essence
Hairveda
Kyra’s

Out
Darcy’s Botanicals
Claudie’s
Curly Kinks
Oyin

Never Again
Mozeke
Hydroquench
Soultanicals
Qhemet
Cream & Coco
Obia Natural
Ynobe
Curlmart
Beautyofnewyork.com
PJaye
Do you mind sharing why?

ronie

Keeping
Silk Dreams
Darcy's Botanicals
Claudies

Leaving
Qhemet (great products, but my hair needs protein)
Brown Butter Beauty
Bask (just did not work for me)

On the fence
PBN

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie

Staying with

Njoicreations
BASK Beauty
Qhemet Biologics
Bobeam
Curly Kinks
Vitacost
Walgreens
Natural Cosmetics by Design
All Things O Natural
Hairveda

Out

Hairtiage Hydration
Mozeke
Afroveda
Texture Me Natural
Myhoneychild
Cream and Coco
Naturelle Grow

On the Fence
Soultanicals * ordered one bundle on black Friday but it arrived in due time. However her shipping needs to improve drastically in order for me to order directly from her ( I'm in NJ, shes in NY). She should have local pick up. I can take a train and get my stuff in the amount of time it takes to ship to me

Menina Preta

Bringing in: Qhemet, HairVeda, and Shescentit

Leaving out: No one.

I don't order too much from online folks any more b/c I don't live in a doorman building, so it can be annoying to get my packages. Also, the local beauty supply carries Qhemet and Oyin and Karen's Body Beautiful, so if the desire hits to try more small business products, I just walk over there.

When I started the hair care journey, I was always ordering, but honestly, now, I really need to like your product to buy from you online. The S&H definitely adds up. For a minute I stopped with HairVeda, b/c I was over shopping for products online, but I liked her products so much that I started ordering from them again. I'm trying Shescentit for the first time and I really like the products, so I'll probably re-order from her as well.

PJaye

PJaye
Do you mind sharing why?

ronie

Y’all are tryna make me look like the hair product Grinch.:lol: My only issues with Claudie are:

- Partial ingredient lists for products on the website
- Ridiculously high shipping rates
- Sickeningly strong scent used in the products

I tried 5 of her products and only 2 gave mediocre results, the rest sucked. Very nice lady, but I have to let her go.

Tibbar

Bringing in:
My Honey Child
Hairveda
Oyin handmade
Bee Mine
BoBeam

Using up products then leaving Behind:
Soultanicals
Hairitage Hydrations
Liquid Gold

Tibbar

@Tibbar

What's wrong with Liquid Gold?

BranwenRosewood,
Nothing is wrong with the vendor, I'm just going to use up the products I have and not order from them this year.

(this vendor is not "dead" to me like Hairitage Hydrations - they may go back in the rotation for next year) Soultanicals may get a reboot too, but Hairitage --- nooooooo :nono:

BranwenRosewood

Bringing In:
Lotioncrafters
New Directions Aromatics
Wholesale Supplies Plus
Specialty Bottle
Mountain Rose Herbs
Various other suppliers

Leaving Behind:
Everybody Else

I know how to make my own hair and skincare products so I'm going to leave these vendors and their drama alone. Not everyone I ordered from had issues but I don't feel the need to order from anyone else since I was only buying butters anyway.

Beany

BranwenRosewood I have been thinking about making my own products too. I plan to start experimenting when I use up my stash.

Staying
Oyin Handmade
Qhemet

Bringing back after a long leave
Bee Mine

Wanna Try
Camille Rose
Karen's Body Beautiful

Leaving Alone
Darcy's Botanicals (Meh)

ronie

ronie Y’all are tryna make me look like the hair product Grinch.:lol: My only issues with Claudie are: - Partial ingredient lists for products on the website - Ridiculously high shipping rates - Sickeningly strong scent used in the products I tried 5 of her products and only 2 gave mediocre results, the rest sucked. Very nice lady, but I have to let her go.
Lollll, no not at all. I was just curious to know. I only have 2 staples from her: renew protein and normalizing DC. I do have an issue with her ingredient listing too, but I have yet to find a porosity corrector, and a protein treatment my hair responds to. As recommended by IDareT'sHair I get everything unscented.
You have excellent points, and I agree with you letting her go.

cutenss

How could I fail to mention Hairitage Hydrations? They can kiss my :moon: I had totally not given them any thought until reading this thread.

#forgettingaboutthemwassuccessful :up:

AgeinATL

Staying
Camille Rose
BASK
Jessicurl
Aveyou
Curlmart

Wanna Try
Shescentit
All Things O Natural
Curly Kinks

Haven't Decided Yet
Ynobe
PBN
Bee Mine
Silk Dreams

Leaving Alone
Darcy's Botanicals. I have yet to use something from that line that my hair liked.
Shia Naturals
Hairveda. Same as above.
Kizuri. Same
Hairitage Hydration. Just typing the name makes me sick.
Soultanicals. Her products (thankfully) didn't work for my hair because her shipping times are RIDICULOUS

southerncitygirl

Keeping:
Darcy's Botanicals
Afroveda
Claudie's Revitalizer
Komaza Care
Hydroquench Systems

Never tried & never will:
hairitage hydrations
soultanicals

Also given the issues ppl have had with Curlmart, I will likely no longer utilize...they never gave me any issues but if I got spoiled product and they gave me issues I'd ne pissed!