Is it a MUST to use a Setting Lotion with Flexi Rod sets?

LdyKamz

I never used any setting lotions since I used my flexi sets just to make curly afros. But now since my hair is longer I want to try a "traditional" flexi rod set where the curls are hanging down. Is a setting lotion necessary for the curls to hold like this?

Also, since I used my flexi rods on short hair for a long time they are all twisted up and crazy looking. Do you ladies buy new ones when they get like that, straighten them out (if so, how?) or do you just leave them that way since it doesn't really effect the outcome of the curls.

As you can see I am style challenged. :lol: Please help.

LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden

I have never used setting lotion unless its on weave hair that I know can't hold a curl. Otherwise I just wear them overnight and they hold good on their own.
Mine haven't been used too too much, so I don't know what I would do if they lost shape. sorry. lol

LdyKamz

Thanks for the reply. I am going to try this weekend without the setting lotion. I might pick up some new flexis and use the twisted ones in the middle and hope for the best.

Monaleezza

Try also with a butter or something a little heavier. That acts as a kinda setting lotion - although not as strong a hold.

hothair

I've noted when I use a little setting foam my hair tends to hold and fall better, you don't need much.

Monaleezza

Thats true. In fact I do like to mix a little setting foam in my hand with moisturiser/butter./serum.
That's how I get the best results.