SL 2014

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I got my hair in a little bun. I cowashed and gave myself a protein treatment. I will wash again this weekend and put my wig on. I would love to put some box braids in. I wonder how can I do it without having to put a millions braids in?

Look up YT videos on crochet box braids. Very nice with less work. You can even do individuals in the front and then crochet the rest.

Eta-

http://youtu.be/kj3QggAxJk0

http://youtu.be/N_ZaV7jz1x4

Last edited:

Evolving78

Having another decent hair day. Love Shea moisture shine and hold spray. I love the pump! Buying some more today and two more this weekend.

Evolving78

Look up YT videos on crochet box braids. Very nice with less work. You can even do individuals in the front and then crochet the rest. Eta- http://youtu.be/kj3QggAxJk0 http://youtu.be/N_ZaV7jz1x4
I am going to have my mom or sister in law braid my hair and I will install maybe next week. I had them years ago in college. My mom did it. I had her install some in a six month span and my hair was healthy! I just used braid spray.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Having another decent hair day. Love Shea moisture shine and hold spray. I love the pump! Buying some more today and two more this weekend.

I cant remember if you are relaxed. Does it really hold? Sometimes I do sets on my natural but the wind just ruins my style.

I assume it doesn't dry you out with a bunch of alcohol? Or cause reversion? Thats the worst!

TIA

Last edited:

Evolving78

I cant remember if you are relaxed. Does it really hold? Sometimes I do sets on my natural but the wind just ruins my style. I assume it doesn't dry you out with a bunch of alcohol? Or cause reversion? Thats the worst! TIA
I'm relaxed. No bad ingredients. It doesn't hold anything. It is water based, no cones, so it will cause reversion. It does provide shine. It's like a very light moisturizing spray (refreshing). I love it on my new growth.

Evolving78

I'm relaxed. No bad ingredients. It doesn't hold anything. It is water based, no cones, so it will cause reversion. It does provide shine. It's like a very light moisturizing spray (refreshing). I love it on my new growth.
I would use it on texture styles like braids, twists, local, moisturizing and sealing, refreshing curls, wash and goes, etc..

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Thanks shortdub78. Whys it called shine and "hold" if it doesnt hold anything?! I was ready to run my butt to target and snap one up :lol:

I might try it anyway and see how the hair reacts. ...

Evolving78

Thanks shortdub78. Whys it called shine and "hold" if it doesnt hold anything?! I was ready to run my butt to target and snap one up :lol: I might try it anyway and see how the hair reacts. ...
this lady talked my mother into getting it... She has a pixie cut and curls her hair a few times a week! lol was like that lady sent you clean off! I told her she will burn her hair using that!

Trixie58

Today is Day 5 of Inversion and I can't wait to clarify away all this excess oil. But worth it, my hair is suspended in mid-air over a cloud of new growth. I am off to lurk in an inversion challenge to see what this is all about - wondering if it's just my normal trajectory since I'm one month post. Anyway despite it all I believe I am going to end the year "1-2 inches below SL". Fine, except I have been in the same hair situation for six months. Need to figure out how to get to APL.

Evolving78

Having another good hair day so far. I have my hair in my little bun. It is moisturized, the ends feels nice, and my hair is neat. I wouldn't go out on the town in this bun, but it looks nice enough to step out of the house. My goal is to get back to nice full buns by the beginning of the summer or sooner. Now I gotta work on these edges! I got this scarf on tight trying to lay them down!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.

faithVA

Soooo I put my daughters Mercy hair on a wig cap and made a u part wig. I sewed it on my head until I can get my sew-in Friday. Put twists in it and this was the result after I took twist down. Sorry these are all from views bc i didn't have my picture takers...sorry for all the pics. I was really feeling myself lol.

You need to start a side business. I have some stuff I want you to do :lol:

Very nice job. You are very talented.

Evolving78

Soooo I put my daughters Mercy hair on a wig cap and made a u part wig. I sewed it on my head until I can get my sew-in Friday. Put twists in it and this was the result after I took twist down. Sorry these are all from views bc i didn't have my picture takers...sorry for all the pics. I was really feeling myself lol.
I'm feeling that girl!

faithVA

Unless there is a special occasion I plan to rock this same flat twist style until the end of November. I should be good and tired of it by then. Hopefully by then I will have some additional length in the back to wear a different style. But I plan to rock flat twist until the end of the year and hopefully through March of next year. My puff should be ready by then :yep:

FlatTwistP3 (640x609).jpg

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
When will I have enough for a bun?!

Thing is my hair shrinks like 80 or more percent. Its hard to grab and pull into an actual bun. Wet buns run the risk of breakage. Maybe I will try it a cpl days and see. Hmmm

faithVA

[USER=343979 said:
DarkJoy[/USER];20689073]When will I have enough for a bun?!

Thing is my hair shrinks like 80 or more percent. Its hard to grab and pull into an actual bun. Wet buns run the risk of breakage. Maybe I will try it a cpl days and see. Hmmm

Maybe you just need a good stretching technique to stretch for a day or 2 and then bun it for the remainder of the week. Maybe you can twist it or braid it, sit under the dryer and then retwist it to stretch it out more.

How do you usually wear your hair?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Maybe you just need a good stretching technique to stretch for a day or 2 and then bun it for the remainder of the week. Maybe you can twist it or braid it, sit under the dryer and then retwist it to stretch it out more.

How do you usually wear your hair?

Hey faith!

I usually flat twist out or wear two french rolls or twists.

Its so shrinky that those styles bring my 80% shrinkage to maybe 70. :rolleyes:

Only wet rollersets make it stretched enough to grab. Its sad because wearing that very light press the last few weeks I could see its a little past SL in the back.

Funny how that shrinkage lied! All this time I thought it hadn't grown much lol.

Maybe I need to wait until the sides are longer too. Idk.

faithVA

[USER=343979 said:
DarkJoy[/USER];20689167]Hey faith!

I usually flat twist out or wear two french rolls or twists.

Its so shrinky that those styles bring my 80% shrinkage to maybe 70. :rolleyes:

Only wet rollersets make it stretched enough to grab. Its sad because wearing that very light press the last few weeks I could see its a little past SL in the back.

Funny how that shrinkage lied! All this time I thought it hadn't grown much lol.

Maybe I need to wait until the sides are longer too. Idk.

If you do a flat twist out and then retwist it that night will it still not stretch enough?

Do you wash your hair in sections?

Evolving78

I broke down and texlaxed my hair. I am going to flat iron it a little later. I edited my post, since I'm not gonna cut. I'm just going to keep growing this hair cut out and wait until full APL to cut.

Last edited:

Evolving78

I'm still going to protective style with bunning and wearing my wig. I'm relaxing every 12-14 weeks. I think I have a pretty good decent amount of new growth to do so.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
thanks faithVA and HairPleezeGrow.

I am on second day flat twist out any my little fro only looks 3" big :lol: that's as opposed to yesterday when it looked only 2" :rofl:

The only way I can bun is to either continue to press it (noooooo!) or take a boar's hair and/or denman to it to pull it into submission (nooooo!).

I think it's just time for patience and I'll probably have to wait until it's APL stretched to be able to pull this uber 4c into a bun without ripping out my hair... :ohwell:

faithVA

thanks faithVA and HairPleezeGrow.

I am on second day flat twist out any my little fro only looks 3" big :lol: that's as opposed to yesterday when it looked only 2" :rofl:

The only way I can bun is to either continue to press it (noooooo!) or take a boar's hair and/or denman to it to pull it into submission (nooooo!).

I think it's just time for patience and I'll probably have to wait until it's APL stretched to be able to pull this uber 4c into a bun without ripping out my hair... :ohwell:

I vote for patience. I'm not close to a bun either but I'm still EL. SL is over there in 2015 somewhere.