Best relaxers to use at home

Krymsonkween

I tried Silk Elements and had horriable shedding a couple of others have had the same prooblem. I used to use Mizani Butter blends when I went to the salaon. I stopped using it but think I may go back.

What relaxer has been great for u n please give ur reults and how often u use it n how long u have used it.

naturalpride

I've been using Optimum Relaxer in the box for 4 years minus the year and 3 months I was natural and get great results. I apply the relaxer every 12-16 weeks.

amwcah

ORS works well for me. I have been using it for the past 4 years. I relax my hair 2x per year.

eurka007

:bump:

good question op!! I bough silk elements lye relaxer, and I'm really afraid of whether or not I should have bought a no-lye relaxer

Tickin4Gold

I use Just for Me kids relaxer - regular. I am now texlaxed but I used to use it before I started texlaxing.
ETA: I've been using it for maybe 3/4 years. It works great for me, I have no complaints which I why I keep using it.

Last edited:

PJaye

I have been using Profectiv no lye on my neighbor for the past two years and her hair has really done well with it; she relaxes once every 3 to 4 months.

Toy

When i started my hair Journey about 4 yrs ago i was using Dark & Lovely then i went to Profectiv now i am back to Dark & Lovely.

bjgsmith

I have used optimum relaxer (in the box) for over 5 years now...I recently changed to Affirm regular control lye relaxer and I must say that I was a bit nervous at first, but I followed the instructions to a T and my hair came out very, very soft and silky. I didn't have a problem with the optimum I just wanted to try a lye relaxer to see if my hair would have a different reaction. I relaxed with the affirm in january, next relaxer scheduled for may. but if I had to vote on the best at home relaxer, I would definately have to say Optimum in the red box (anti breakage therapy).
happy hair product hunting!

Optimus_Prime

Get chu a bottle of Isoplus for $1.39, a 4lb tub of Bantu lye relaxer for $13, a bottle of AVC for $1.59, a jar of Softee hair grease (green or blue, doesn't matter) for $0.99 and I'm sure you already have some conditioner in your home. Bam! 16-18 months worth of touchups at home.

Coffee

I have used Nairobi for the past 2 years. I relax about every 10 weeks. It doesn't burn, and relaxes really well. The Nairobi condish is an added bonus.

crr0121

When I was relaxing, i used ORS olive oil and loved it. It didn't break my hair off and i had good shine and it was just great overall. No problems w/ ORS.

almondjoi85

My most recent relaxer was at home with Mizani Butter blends, I bought up everything Mizani to try it out.... the honey shield, scalp protector (I forget the name now), the butter blends relaxer, and the coconut souffle. I plan to review all the products on my blog in full detail, but so far so good. No complaints about any of the products.

chelleypie810

I've been using revlon for I dunno how long, but my hair has never broken nor shed from this relaxer. My hairdresser also used to use proclaim back at home.

kami11213

I use the MBB system and it works well... it's good for at home use b/c it doesn't process as fast as most relaxers IMO...

Day Dreamer

Hey coffee,

Do you go to the salon for this or you self relax at home with the nairobi?

I have used Nairobi for the past 2 years. I relax about every 10 weeks. It doesn't burn, and relaxes really well. The Nairobi condish is an added bonus.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
When I was relaxing, i used ORS olive oil and loved it. It didn't break my hair off and i had good shine and it was just great overall. No problems w/ ORS.

I TOTALLY AGREE! It's by far the best relaxer i've ever used for my hair besides soft n beautiful which my hair grew out of. Ive been using it for over 5 years now. :drunk: I have had no breakage..just soft manageable stronger hair! I love the majority of their products besides the mayonaisse or carrot oil products.