Going from texlaxed to fully relaxed

H0tPinkButtafly

I'm thinking about going from texlaxed to relaxed. Has anyone else ever done this successfully? What did u do? Right now im about eight months post. I used mizani butter blends in mild for about 25 minutes to do the texlax. So should I use the mizani butter blend in regular for the same amount of time? I'm confused about how to go about this lol. Help me out ladies! Thanks

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using T-Mobile myTouch 3G

peachfuzzz

It's my understanding that the longer a relaxer is left on, the straighter the hair. When I used to relax my hair, I used a mild relaxer. I don't remember how long I used it for though. You may have to coat the entire shaft like it's your first relaxer (I'm no pro though) but that's what I'd think needs to be done so that all of your hair is uniformly straight. Then I would do a hard core protein treatment to strengthen the hair.

H0tPinkButtafly

It's my understanding that the longer a relaxer is left on, the straighter the hair. When I used to relax my hair, I used a mild relaxer. I don't remember how long I used it for though. You may have to coat the entire shaft like it's your first relaxer (I'm no pro though) but that's what I'd think needs to be done so that all of your hair is uniformly straight. Then I would do a hard core protein treatment to strengthen the hair.

Like a corrective right? I don't know if I should use mild for a longer amount of time or a stronger relaxer. I'm scared of messing up my hair lol.

Anyone else done this before?

Tanji

I'm thinking about going from texlaxed to relaxed. Has anyone else ever done this successfully? What did u do? Right now im about eight months post. I used mizani butter blends in mild for about 25 minutes to do the texlax. So should I use the mizani butter blend in regular for the same amount of time? I'm confused about how to go about this lol. Help me out ladies! Thanks

The best advice that I can give you is to seek a professional hairdresser. Find somone that cares about healthy maintenance. If I should ever decide to relax my hair again (which I strongly doubt that I would) then I would find a hairdresser that would apply the relaxer the correct way to my hair and cared about the health of my hair. I know women who have beautiful relaxed hair. They have found the right person to care for their hair. I hope that helps and wish you well.

Your Cheeziness

I agree with Tanji. I'm texlaxed with Mizani Butter Blends by my stylist. From my experience, Butter Blends has never given me straight hair, but it's fine. I'd definitely let a trusted stylist do it for controlled results.

kittikat24

I was texlaxed, but my last touch-up ended up getting my hair way straighter--I personally didn't like it becuase I lost alot of thickness.
Being bone straight was a nice change though...but after that, I transitioned!

H0tPinkButtafly

I agree with Tanji. I'm texlaxed with Mizani Butter Blends by my stylist. From my experience, Butter Blends has never given me straight hair, but it's fine. I'd definitely let a trusted stylist do it for controlled results.

I don't mind not being bone straight that why I like mizani. But right now my hair is curly like a natural. And I have a problem area in the front that barely curls and is frizzy (it was like that as a natural too). So I don't like wearing it curly. I want it straighter without losing thickness

H0tPinkButtafly

I was texlaxed, but my last touch-up ended up getting my hair way straighter--I personally didn't like it becuase I lost alot of thickness.
Being bone straight was a nice change though...but after that, I transitioned!

Yea I want to keep my thickness

achangedlife

Hey girl, I just did this last wks. I've been using Design Essentials lo lye to texlax. Although I loved the fullness of my hair it seemed to revert in about 3 wks, by 6 wks I had to relax again, I've increased my processing time from 25 min to 35 min but although it would seem smoother initially the end results were the same. It was a tough decision to go back to being fully relaxed cause I felt like I failed @ texlaxing but I'm so glad I did.

I changed to Design Essentials sensitive scalp relaxer (regular strength) as I used it once or twice in the past and I liked it. I protected the length of my hair with the Pre chemical treatment made by DE. I relaxed as I normally would but of course trying to finish quicker this time since I was using a regular relaxer. I finished in about 18 minutes, then I did a corrective on the lengths. I took the relaxer in my palms and applied it to the lengths as if I was applying conditioner, I did not comb it through, I gathered my shower stuff and jumped in, the relaxer was on my lengths for a minute and a half, no more than 2 minutes. After rinsing the relaxer i used French Stabilzer Plus, it has a ph of 2.7, good for neutralizing (found @ Sally's). I left it on for about a minute, then used neutralizing shampoo and conditioned as usual.

The results were very good, my texture is uniform throughout, can't even tell that I was texlaxed before. And the frizzy ends I've been dealing with are no more.

It's been a wk and a half so far and I have no issues. Plus I started using Alfaparf Real Cream and the leave in from their bamboo line, my hair feels strong as an ox for the last couple of days so I'm not expecting any issues. Good luck. PM me if u have any questions

Sent from my LS670 using LS670