Which of these relaxers would you recommend?

nadz

Well, I'm supposed to relax my hair tomorrow morning with my Silk Elements relaxer. Unfortunately, I arrived home and my luggage along with the reaxer didn't.I can't get it here.
But I need to get my hair done tomorrow. The stylist has the following relaxers:
-Optimum Herbal somethinganother
-Mizani
-Design Essentials
-Motions
-Creme of Nature
-and a couple I've never heard of before

I normally use a No-Lye relaxer, and I'd like to stick with that. I don't know which is which.

Which would you choose?
Please help!

Thanks~

Tee

Well my picks are lye.

Motions (Just had my hair done with this and I was in awe)
Design Essentials
Mizani

ETA: Sorry about the luggage! I just hate when that happens to me. Let me know what you end up going with and how you like it.

nadz

Thanks. I've been reading mixed reviews about motions. My scalp is REALLY SENSITIVE so I'm concerned about burning.

I wonder how Mizani would turn out?

Please keep your opinions coming ladies!

LJBFly

I don't care for Motions it left me underprocessed. But if one of the relaxers that you never heard of before was Epitomi, I would go with that. It reminds me of Silk Elements.

I hope everything turns out alright.

Last edited:

MiWay

I haven't used any of those except Motions and Creme of Nature. After using Motions a few times, it stopped working. Creme of Nature leaves my hair well conditioned and very straight. It was one of my favorites until I discovered Phyto and ORS. I've also heard great things about Design Essentials and Mizani.

taraglam2

MOTIONS - Once I started relaxing with MOTIONS (and the help of hairboards) my hair turned around--love MOTIONS Relaxer

jasmin

There are too many mix reviews on Motions but I heard Design Essentials is very good. If I had a chance to get my hands on DE I would snatch it up in a minute.

navsegda

I use the Motions Salon Herbals Silkening Hair Relaxer in Regular and it is absolutely wonderful! It is lye.