A quick question about Vatika Coconut oil.

all_1_length

Hi. I would like to know if anybody has had any problems using this oil? I tried this oil a couple of years ago and I didn't notice anything different about my hair albeit I did not use it for very long but I have been seeing reviews where people have said that this oil has changed their hair color to a reddish brown.

I would like to use this oil as a part of my pre-poo right before I shampoo, let's say 30 minutes before. Does anybody think I will have a problem using it for such a short period of time or should I abandon using it altogether? Thanks in advance.

FollicleFanatic

I used to use it to prepoo, it was great. Stopped using it because I didn't like the smell or the small hole the product came out of.

I henna my hair so I never noticed any color change. Maybe it's the lemon juice in it that alters the color?

Again it is a good cheap product. If you are worried about color and other ingredients in it just go with cold pressed coconut oil. HTH

all_1_length

If you are worried about color and other ingredients in it just go with cold pressed coconut oil. HTH

Thanks. I use Parachute coconut oil for my pre-poo now but I wanted to use the Vakita because of the herbs in it. I only plan on using it once a week about 30 min to 1hr before washing. I used to use this oil early in my hair journey as a leave in but I never noticed any color change in my hair. Prehaps I didn't use it for a long enough period of time.

AJellyCake

That's super weird that you mentioned this. I've been sealing with vatika oil for the past few weeks and my ends are lighter and reddish. It's only really noticeable when I hold my ends against my scalp.

I wasn't sure what caused it but maybe it was the Vatika oil. I've also been using the Hairveda frosting.

SweetlyCurly

If I'm not mistaken I think it contains henna...but didn't know it was enough to change color. My hair is pretty dark so I really haven't observed any changes

Jace032000

I've never used it before---but I would imagine its either the lemon or henna in the oil that causes the hair to lighten. I'm curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this.

randi415

I've been using this oil for a couple years now. I can't really say if it changed the color of my hair or not because I use henna regularly. I guess that's no help sorry, I just had to reply because I love that stuff. lol