Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2015/2016

Babygrowth

Still heavy sealing my ends. They're doing good I think. My right side is longer and drier so I need to pay that side more attention.

Leo24Rule

Noticed last night during hair washing & followed with the LOC method and this morning that my hair appears stronger and thicker.
I'm wearing my hair in 2 pigtails extended with curly fake hair. My ends are securely protected with saran wrap. I hope I can make this protective hairstyle last all week!

PlainJane

Just misted my hair with water and tresemme then sealed with jbco hair food. So ready to use heat again but trying to last a few more weeks.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm trying to decide which oil is best for my dry ends. I have argan, evoo, castor and coconut oil. Which one is best for sealing dry, fragile ends?:perplexed

Dee Raven

So far so good with the Garnier Fructis split end serum. And I did the first wash n go on my hair in years and it looks so good. I can't believe it. All this time I've been doing twists outs that look like chunky wngs. Well, the wash n go that takes so much less effort, looks exactly the same, except the definition is a little bit better. I am so excited because I used to not be able to leave the house Sunday evenings while my hair was drying. Now I can wng and keep it moving.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I like grape seed oil for dry ends if I don't use a heavier oil to seal.

Yeah grape seed oil is good if you're looking for something light plus it has ceramides. Right now I use a combination of serum and butter because I live in a cold climate so it protects my ends better.

Leo24Rule

I use grapeseed oil too. It is on the lighter side of oils and great for curly, thin, and fine haired ladies.

Pennefeather

So far with me spritzing my hair every other day with homemade teas (black, green, nettle, and coffee) followed by slathering Shea Butter to all of my hair my ends have been very soft and silky.

Leo24Rule,

Is this a homemade tea spritz that you aware using? If so, do you store it in the fridge or bathroom at room temp? I'm wondering how long that can be safely left in the bathroom. I know that I would never make it to my fridge.

Leo24Rule

@Leo24Rule,

Is this a homemade tea spritz that you aware using? If so, do you store it in the fridge or bathroom at room temp? I'm wondering how long that can be safely left in the bathroom. I know that I would never make it to my fridge.

I don't know where all my spray bottles went so I emptied a sleek & straight hair product bottle I wasn't using. That spray bottle is like a 12fl.oz if that. Meanwhile I leave my homemade tea concoction in the fridge & just refill when needed. My batch lasts a week. Whatever is leftover gets used on wash day as a final tea rinse.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I found a solution for my dry, dull ends! I moisturized in sections with Neutrogena silk touch cream and sealed each section with 2 drops of argan oil. I don't remember the last time my hair felt this moisturized and had this much shine.

Idk why I always put my Silk touch cream on the backburner. Clearly it is the best moisturizer for my straightened hair :yep:

Leo24Rule

My hair is still in my protective style of 2 pig tails with my ends wrapped in saran wrap. Glad the look still kept up and protecting my ends :)

Evolving78

I found a solution for my dry, dull ends! I moisturized in sections with Neutrogena silk touch cream and sealed each section with 2 drops of argan oil. I don't remember the last time my hair felt this moisturized and had this much shine. Idk why I always put my Silk touch cream on the backburner. Clearly it is the best moisturizer for my straightened hair :yep:
I started doing that after all of these years and it works better for me that way too.

PlainJane

Okay, I am going back to braiding my hair throughout the week until this transition is over.
Also, I think I need to go back to aphogee curlific leave in. I think my ends liked it better.

faithVA

I promised myself I wouldn't search and destroy before I washed tonight. I lied. :ohwell: my ends are getting smoother and smoother though.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I've paid extra attention to my ends this week. Tonight, I moisturized with SSI Seyani, and sealed the ends with SSI Coconut Sorbet.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I promised myself I wouldn't search and destroy before I washed tonight. I lied. :ohwell: my ends are getting smoother and smoother though.

I keep saying I will lay off the scissors but when I get a chance to wash my hair I tend to inspect the ends and if I see anything I just snip it off without a second thought. I'm slowly but surely getting rid of the damaged ends.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
My ends are pretty happy now since I stopped combing my hair (unless I'm blow-drying, weird story lol). I was going to straighten my hair, but it feels like I need a heavier protein treatment (I was using African Royale Long n Thick).

meka72

I kinda fell off on taking care of my hair, especially my ends, this week. I was just so lazy and didn't M&S everyday as I should. Tonight, I used world of curls activator, topped with ST kink drink, ST platinum roots oil (I think) and sealed with Ynobe shea cream. I added extra to the ends and they feel better already.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I moisturized with Neutrogena silk touch cream amd slept in 2 large bantu knots. I didn't seal, because my leave in has evoo, sweet almond and meadowfoam seed oil. Plus I sealed day before yesterday. My ends seem happy :grin:

faithVA

I keep saying I will lay off the scissors but when I get a chance to wash my hair I tend to inspect the ends and if I see anything I just snip it off without a second thought. I'm slowly but surely getting rid of the damaged ends.

I would rather get rid of them on wash day versus letting them stay and they take 5 or 6 hairs with them :nono: