Naturally Flexible Support Thread

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Flat ironed the other day. My hair is funny. Anyways....I won't talk about her. Here she is on day three.

She was straight in the morning....(grey sweatshirt pic). By afternoon she had fluffy curls starting to emerge. (Orange t shirt pic). She is SOMETHING ELSE!

Attachments

• image-1014364982.jpg
    image-1014364982.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 97
  • image-3523433206.jpg
    image-3523433206.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 87
  • image-2891233813.jpg
    image-2891233813.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 91
  • image-3408394270.jpg
    image-3408394270.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 119

Rae81

My hair did the dame thing when I straightened out. The back had turned into a spiral curl

havilland

My hair did the dame thing when I straightened out. The back had turned into a spiral curl

I am So annoyed. I touched up my hair yesterday with the flat iron. Went to a friend's house to watch football. They didn't have the a/c on and I watched my hair poof and revert. I left there looking a hot mess.

Meanwhile.....I love the "versatility" of natural hair but it's not really VERSATILE if my straight hair lasts an hour........I'm really annoyed right now.

Rae81

I am So annoyed. I touched up my hair yesterday with the flat iron. Went to a friend's house to watch football. They didn't have the a/c on and I watched my hair poof and revert. I left there looking a hot mess.

Meanwhile.....I love the "versatility" of natural hair but it's not really VERSATILE if my straight hair lasts an hour........I'm really annoyed right now.

Same thing happened to me. I touched it up, wrapped it, took it down in the morning it looked nice and straight. I went to work and poof it went. The ends curled under which was cute but the back again decided it wanted to turn into a spiral curl. One if my co workers was like " Rae your hair is curling back up." I was so mad trying to smooth it down but that didn't work

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I actually think i might go back to pressing my hair as opposed to flatironing.. I was bored and went thru some of my stash and found some kay vel creme press. I did a test section with my hotcomb and results were beautiful. I wonder what it would look like if i did my whole head.

havilland

Every day hair. Today's curls. I posted this in the stickie thread too. I'm so happy with my curls right now. I just wish I could get a nice blow out to last. Dangitt! Lol;)

Attachments

• image-2743043617.jpg
    image-2743043617.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 91

MzRhonda

I have not done a wash n go all summer. But I bought some gorilla snot gel and I really like it. It laid my hair down better the eco styler

Rae81. How are you using the gorilla snot? I have 2 for my dd and I we really can not figure how and when to use it.

Rae81

Rae81. How are you using the gorilla snot? I have 2 for my dd and I we really can not figure how and when to use it.

I use it when I wear a puff. After I co wash and pull my hair loosely where I want it to be I put a little gorilla snot in my hands and smooth my hair back, tie it down with a scarf and go.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
:wave:

I decided to give it a light press tonight (flat irons never worked well on my hair) for the first time in over 20 yrs!. I cannot dust, trim of seek and destroy in its 4c state. I always cut too much since the ends curl back the minute I stretch it out for the scissors or it gets ripped through with the split ender.

Im bored and burned out on kinky styles at the moment anyway. The ssk are annoying. Might try and keep it straight til next weekend and then crochet braid maybe.

havilland

Deep conditioned hair.

I swear when I deep condition it's like a whole new head of hair!

Attachments

• image-2776716466.jpg
    image-2776716466.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 102

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am putting a plum rinse on my hair tomorrow. Hopefully the color doesn't all rinse out like last time. I am going to sit under the dryer with it for 20 minutes. Depending on how my hair behaves afterwards I may attempt a rollerset. Wish me luck :yay:

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I am putting a plum rinse on my hair tomorrow. Hopefully the color doesn't all rinse out like last time. I am going to sit under the dryer with it for 20 minutes. Depending on how my hair behaves afterwards I may attempt a rollerset. Wish me luck :yay:

Prettymetty That's a nice fall/winter color choice. Pictures please when you do!!!

havilland

What in the world do you use...still trying to find my GoTo DC.

I use Hairveda products for my deep conditioners.

Methi Sativa two step protein and deep moisture treatment (once every 6 weeks). Each step for an hour.

Strinillah deep moisturizing treatment (once or twice a week) an hour under a towel

These are my rise and grind conditioners.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I did a heatless blowout with bantu knots to stretch my hair. Then I finger detangled. I might lightly flat iron the roots later. This is how the color turned out. Im sure it is more intense in florescent light or sunlight.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1413473111903.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1413473111903.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 121

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Ross always has good hair tools for cheap. I got my curling wand there for $13. Sally's has good flat irons too. You can get a nice one for about $30

shyekiera

Ross always has good hair tools for cheap. I got my curling wand there for $13. Sally's has good flat irons too. You can get a nice one for about $30

Can u suggest any brands? My local beauty supply sells a brand called Red. My hair is coarse and I just don't want to buy one and it does nothing for my hair.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Jilbere and Andis are good brands. I haven't heard of Red, but if the plates are ceramic/tourmaline and it has a temperature control I say go for it.

havilland

Sometimes I think now that I'm fully natural I don't need a aphogee two step treatment anymore. Wrong!!

Today I did a two step treatment and let me say my hair is blinging and hanging and soft and nicely detangled. Wow....I thought my weekly deep treatments were good but this result has me backing away from the relaxer jar in my cabinet. (Yeah I still have some 4 year old relaxer in my cabinet I refuse to throw away....like I would ever put that expired mess in my hair...NOT......but I digress)

Newsflash: apply that two step "juice" in the shower. It's WAY LESS MESSY. I rinsed myself off after applying it. Clipped my hair up under a shower cap. Got dressed in an old tshirt....Then took the hair down and sat under a dryer. No muss. No fuss.

Much easier than previous applications with bowls and spray bottles and whatnot.

Attachments

• image-3250530238.jpg
    image-3250530238.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 79
  • image-2466076430.jpg
    image-2466076430.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 82

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Nexxus Emergencee is my Aphogee. I like how strong it makes my hair. I use heat and color so I have to stay on top of my protein. I just hate thst they changed the formula. The one I have now says leave in for 1 or 2 minutes. The newer formulas require a plastic cap and 10 minutes :( I aint got time for that :lol:

havilland

Braid out. Day two. Not bad. It's getting there ....slowly.....surely.

Attachments

• image-3003739890.jpg
    image-3003739890.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 64
  • image-3024811936.jpg
    image-3024811936.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 65

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Ladies my hair has been blown out for over 3 weeks! And it has been cold and raining for the last couple days. I am so pleased. I get my hair done again next week...

This is a close up of my roots. Just a little reversion

Attachments

• 20141116_194943.jpg
    20141116_194943.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited: