Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2015

apple_natural

Still haven't been working out regularly. It's always something now. But I am 186.8 or less. That was the other day and a few days before that I was the same weight. At least I'm out of the 90s. I've been watching my calories

Still in braids

davisbr88

@TwistedRoots congrats! You look great!
@Leo24Rule my cycle is now a couple of days later than expected but I have definitely been bloating so I know it's coming either tonight or tomorrow. Also, since I became a vegan, my period has been lighter (I usually have a very, very heavy flow with really bad cramps that used to land me in the hospital every month for years) and my cramps have been reduced significantly!

I haven't worked out since Thursday because I was out of town and then was diagnosed with bronchitis :(. And something I ate last night must have had hidden wheat because I'm having a serious allergic reaction. I will probably be in bed for the next couple of days.

Leo24Rule

Saturday night I worked (usually off) and noticed a regular customer from the afternoon shift. I almost didn't recognize her because she had dropped so much weight (she wasn't overweight or anything just noticeable). I tell her she looks good and asked what she did? She told me all she did was drink a detox water concoction of cucumber, lemon, and mint all day everyday without changing her diet or exercising. She said she knew she lost weight and didn't know how much until she went to the doctor where she discovered she lost 20 lbs within 2 months.

So guess what I'm sipping on? lol YEP YEP!
I haven't had too much experience eating mint or having it in my dishes other than a few Middle Eastern meals (due to my ex's culture), but it tastes very cool and refreshing. Not bad.

Leo24Rule

Before I left for work I managed to drink it all & make a 2nd batch where I added in strawberries.

Tell me what recipes ya'll come up with & if you like it.

I worked out today. All day been eating small meals. On my 4th meal & sipping on bamboo iced tea.

Hopefully, I get out of here at a reasonable time to do a quick workout before bed.

davisbr88

@Prettymetty oh my goodness! I love babies! LOL. I'm just an aunty but I'm already getting sadder and sadder as my niece and nephew get older. Make the baby stop growing!!! LOL. So what if it's selfish???
Also, super cool that you bartend! Maybe you can do PT gym and PT bar?

davisbr88

Weight finally budged some (down 0.6), but I won't know if I lost that 2 pounds until TOM ends. I usually never weigh during TOM but I've been interested to see if my dietary changes have impacted weight gain as well. I used to gain ~5 lbs each month pre-vegan except for when I was LC and didn't gain much. I didn't this time. Although it always was nice to see that huge drop when it ended, especially if I had maintained my diet throughout and lost the 5 pounds and additional weight, too...
Maybe I will get lucky and at least drop the other 1.4 I need this week! *fingers crossed*
I'm feeling better, and I can't wait to get back to working out. I haven't done Tae Bo in a looooong time! It was what we did during middle school gym if we were doing an outdoor unit and it rained. It was so fun!

davisbr88

Didn't lose the 2, but I lost 1.6, which still puts me about 0.6 lbs ahead of the projections I made on the 15th since I lost more than 2 last week. Now, I am set up to meet goal at the end of October if I continue to lose 2 per week from this point on. I am going to try to eat a lot more raw food this week since that's what I have in my fridge, and I need to get rid of it before I head to China. I didn't get to this morning, but I will be making lots of green smoothies.

@ClassyJSP: Did you do any of the 10-minute workouts? How were they? 10 minutes sounds more up my alley. I can do hours of lifting but cardio and I are just not friends.

Last edited: