*-*-*2011 Baggy Challenge*-*-*

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
GHE w/ Claudie braid spray, and shea butter/vatika oil mix. I need better caps. I don't like these cheapies I got from the bss.

Rossy2010

I have been GHEing religiouslyon a daily basis and I must say my hair feels good:) . I will be Dcing my hair overnight for the very first time..

SherylsTresses

I am still baggying my buns. Sometimes I open the bun and put in four twists neatly tucked under with bobby pens, then baggy the twists. Works for me. :yep:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
GHE'd last night with AOWC and will GHE tonight with a mix of AOHSR, wheat germ oil, hemp oil and Nourish Oil. :grin:

Platinum

Still baggying every night!:yep: Last night, I used Aloe Vera Juice and Coconut oil, then cowashed this morning.

tiffers

Doing GHE tonight with Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner mixed with hemp and wheat germ oils. :D

tiffers

is anyone getting tangles....please share your method on how to handle or avoid this...

thank you...

@iwantheathyhair67 Since adding oils to almost every step of my regimen, my hair is much easier to detangle. The only time I don't use oil is when I'm shampooing. :)

Bajanmum

Hey, checking in.

I'm still baggying alternate nights. I suffered a set back when my hair started to break due to me not washing out the indigo dye properly. So, I'm babying my hair and baggying is still part of my regime.

Whipped creme ends and amla oil are my baggying staples.

tiffers

I've been pretty lazy lately. The same conditioner and shower caps have been on my head for like three days now. :blush:

So I've been GHE'ing with Shea Moisture Masque and Nourish Oil every night. :)

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Last nite - GHE w/ Claudie's braid spray, SD waterfalls, SD Nourish.

With all the good smellies - my dog would not stop sniffing me. :lachen:

kupenda

Baggying with my Syntonics strengthening leave in and a little CHI silk infusion

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Keen

I'm not part of this challenge but I started baggying again this month. I was talking to my sister and we both came to the conclusion that our hair was at its healthiest when we baggy as much as possible or co-wash at least twice a week.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
@iwanthealthhair67 - the closest statement i see is this

DO YOU HAVE TO WASH THE OIL OUT?
no, you don't...the point is to not wash out the oil. It's not like a hot oil treatment where it needs to be rinsed out. simply style your hair as usual and repeat the green house effect as often as possible.

but I think it just means you don't have to wash oil out the next day, that you can just GHE as often as you like. But I didn't see anything about not washing one's hair, period. I used this site http://www.loveyourtresses.com/2011/01/greenhouse-effect-regime-real-queens.html
I think this is the link at the start of the challenge. I can't imagine not washing for a month or more as a requirement, especially if some GHE daily.

Just want to be clear on how this method is supposed to work.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
@Golden75

I know I read it somewhere it on the the Real Queens Site, here is the link

http://realqueens.ning.com/group/haircareskincare/forum/topics/real-queens-regimengreenhouse

@Iwanthealthyhair67 - thanks. We used different sites. Well she says deep condition as often as you like. Maybe she means no shampoo's that can be drying and strip oils from scalp? Water rinsing & co-washing are ok? Interesting.

Off to read more from that site.

ETA: Ok - she elaborates - I already do this.
HOW OFTEN DO YOU WASH YOUR HAIR?
I shampoo once a month with african black soap, but if i use gel or i just feel the need to wash my hair, i'll do a good rinse with water only in the shower, or i'll do a super light wash with my african black soap (lathering once) making sure to only wash my hair not my scalp because I don't want to wash out the oils that my scalp produces. Most people use products that aren't 100% natural and will feel the need to wash their hair so using one of the methods i mentioned or doing a cowash is fine.

Last edited: