Whats Your Wig Regimen?.....

Rozlewis

shortdub78

Thanks. I tried to find something that can mimic my blow dried hair. I frickin' love it. Me and her are going to be besties for the next 3-5 months. I may even invest in a wig from Eloquenthair.

Rozlewis can you give me a mini review?

Quality?
Handling Time?
Color match? I heard they're 1b is similar to a 2.
And any other info you cna spare :)

EnExitStageLeft

I love the quality of the wig. The 1B is close to a 2. I would say it has a brownish undertone. I Henna my hair and it is a good match for my hair color. It looks very natural. It reminds me of air dried relaxed hair and this is one of the reasons I purchased it. With the half wig there is not much hair left out. However, I am no wig expert so I may be wearing it wrong :(

I hope that helps. Your wig looks good on you. You wear it well.

EnExitStageLeft

Rozlewis

Can you link me to the wig you purchased? It sounds like something I can get with since I blow out my hair prior to installation.

Also, thanks for the mini review and sweet words. I was a little nervous stepping out today. But all the kind words made it much easier :hug2:.

Rozlewis

Rozlewis

Can you link me to the wig you purchased? It sounds like something I can get with since I blow out my hair prior to installation.

Also, thanks for the mini review and sweet words. I was a little nervous stepping out today. But all the kind words made it much easier :hug2:.

EnExitStageLeft

Here it is -> http://www.eloquenthair.com/kinky-straight-half-wig/

I have my eye on another and was tempted to buy during the sale but I am going to resist since I have not really worn the one I have yet.

bellebebe

Because I'm extra busy with school, my hair is THEE LAST thing I need to worry about right now. What I do is cornrow my hair, take my vitamins, and use my sulfur mix. THAT IS IT! I wear my wig everyday, and I wash it as needed. I usually leave my cornrows in for the duration of the quarter, and on the absolute last day of class, I take down my cornrows, and give some MUCH needed love to my hair. This has helped me retain a lot of length.

MizzBFly

I need to do this asap, going on 1yr post relax and I need a break from my hair..I's gettin a wig!, I's gettin a wig..lmbo!

jbwphoto1

I have a question for those wearing cornrows under their wig caps. Moisture is something I can do, but wonder about the sealing. Are you using a liquid oil to seal or something solid like coconut oil?

msbettyboop

Whats your Post-Wig/weave wash routine? I pre- poo with my own moisturizing mix then wash followed by a DC. I pamper for two weeks followed by an henna treatment before I put my braid back in.

Whats your braid pattern? Scalp or Celies? If your rocking the celies, let me know how you pin them to make your wig lay flat (I can't scalp braid to save my life . I do a beehive braid. Any other type puts too much pressure on my edges. What's a scalp braid?

How long do you wig at a time? 8-10 weeks.

What HALF wigs would you recommend? I don't use half wigs.

Whats your fav scalp oil (if any)? Jamaican black castor oil, coconut oil, almond oil, apricot kernel oil.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

xu93texas

I have a question for those wearing cornrows under their wig caps. Moisture is something I can do, but wonder about the sealing. Are you using a liquid oil to seal or something solid like coconut oil?

I like pomades or creams to seal my cornrows after spritzing with a liquid leave in.

My faves: The Pomade Shop Peppermint Pomade Growth Foundations, Shescentit Marshmallow Herbal cream, Liquid Gold Green Magic Hair Growth, APB Ayurvedic creme( just bought, but sure I'll like it), JBCO with added essential oils, NJoy's oil, or any oil combo of your choice. Everything I use doubles as a growth aid and is applied to scalp and cornrows every day.

Evolving78

I like pomades or creams to seal my cornrows after spritzing with a liquid leave in.

My faves: The Pomade Shop Peppermint Pomade Growth Foundations, Shescentit Marshmallow Herbal cream, Liquid Gold Green Magic Hair Growth, APB Ayurvedic creme( just bought, but sure I'll like it), JBCO with added essential oils, NJoy's oil, or any oil combo of your choice. Everything I use doubles as a growth aid and is applied to scalp and cornrows every day.

I just got my oyin burnt sugar. I was going to get the dew, but ...maybe next week.

AyannaDivine

I do the LOC method under my wigs. Spray with water, apply moisturizer then seal with oil. I do this bi weekly. My preferred oil is apricot oil, its light and doesn't cause buildup. Argan oil is nice too.

Nayna

Unbothered
Whats your Post-Wig/weave wash routine?
I wash about once a week in the winter. Shampoo once a month and cowash weekly. I try to do a cassia treatment every two weeks. Try being the operative word. I am trying to finish the products I have so I'll probably be using a lot of different things. I just want to be more consistent with the cassia/henna treatments.

Whats your braid pattern? Scalp or Celies? If your rocking the celies, let me know how you pin them to make your wig lay flat (I can't scalp braid to save my life :nono:.
I alternate but mostly celies so that its easier on wash day. I just wrap them around my head.

How long do you wig at a time?
Only during the fall into winter. Every once in a while I give my hair freedom but since my nape tangles like crazy I try to avoid having it rub on my clothes too much.

What HALF wigs would you recommend?
Right now I'm loving every thing about these two units from Fingercomber:
http://fingercomber.bigcartel.com/product/the-havana-fro-unit
http://fingercomber.bigcartel.com/product/the-honeycomber-unit
I like textured length and I was waiting for them to make a nice long wig. I made my bff buy the havana one first and it's gorgeous. I just twisted it up for her yesterday and when I put it on I didn't want to take it off, lol.

Whats your fav scalp oil (if any)?
I don't really oil my scalp. I usually throw grapeseed or evoo on the ends and call it a day. In the summer I use coconut oil.

Evolving78

shortdub78

What were you using to moisturize?

I did something stupid. I washed my hair and corn roll and left conditioner in it and took the corn rolls down and put coconut oil in my hair and twisted it. My hair seemed fine, but my ends got dry. I just trimmed them and I'm about to wash again and air dry. I hsvr silk dreams and ntm for moisture creams and braid spray.

kandake

For now, I shampoo and deep condition every two weeks. I cowash on the weeks I don't shampoo. I do the LOC method with KBB leave-in, a mixture of olive/castor oil and Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream. I part my hair down the middle, twist and pin to the opposite side.

EnExitStageLeft

shortdub78

I haven't taken my braids out at all :look: I literally just spray and apply my cream and oils straight to the braids :lachen:. It seems to be working well. My hair feels really good. Hopefully these braids can rock with me for another 3 (including this one) weeks.

Evolving78

shortdub78

I haven't taken my braids out at all :look: I literally just spray and apply my cream and oils straight to the braids :lachen:. It seems to be working well. My hair feels really good. Hopefully these braids can rock with me for another 3 (including this one) weeks.

Mine got matted , and my hair was starting to creep or intertwined into each other at the root

Queensheba88

Whats your Post-Wig/weave wash routine? I take my braids out every month to month in a half. I wash and dc weekly in them..spray s curl 3 times a week and scalp massage with my Jbco/scalp oil. Cowash when needed after exercise. Been working for me and I'm retaining length.

Whats your braid pattern? Scalp or Celies? If your rocking the celies, let me know how you pin them to make your wig lay flat (I can't scalp braid to save my life . Always braids!! I lost my nape earlier in my hair journey wearing buns under wigs so I always braid in a half moon shape and connect my braids into one in the back.

How long do you wig at a time? Year round I am relaxed so I relax no earlier than 16 weeks wear my hair for a week then wig it back up

What HALF wigs would you recommend? I love outré Tammy and yasmine those were my go to wigs when I started my hair journey...I love the sensational quick weaves my favorite was the hz7047, hz 7062 were always on rotation for me. Or making half wigs with human or synthetic hair

Whats your fav scalp oil (if any)? Tropic isle pimento growth oil been using it for the past 5 months and it is really thickening up my new growth and reducing my shedding I'm planning on making Jbco a staple in my wig regime.

lamaria211

I have no wash/ DC regimen I no bad! I have 4 kids so I do what I can when I can. I only clarify and do protein treatments once a month though. And I try and m&s daily. I oil my scalp x3 a week. I keep my hair braided usually in 6-8 plats under my wig. I never wear half wigs cause I don't like having leave out.